PDA

View Full Version : mini atx case

reskue95
12-13-2013, 02:24 PM
hello everyone i have just ordered a mini pc case for my ouya so i have some more room to work with internally currently have a new fan and a solderd usb hub but it is lose atm i was wondering if anyone knows of how to change to power button so i can relocate it on the case ?
thank you in advance

:when i have a a way to relocate the power button i will post pics of my ouya casing and a set up guide for thos of intrested.

Update
I have currently got the ouya board mounted in the case with a USB hub upgraded fan and an extra side fan
Here are some pics (sorry for the poor quality)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wv3r28m0a6ke70z/1-0B1zFbMp

I am waiting for a acrylic cut out to be delivered so I can tidy the back of the housing and mount the lose cables

Hope you enjoy will update more often from now :)

vadr_h8r
12-13-2013, 10:58 PM
cant wait to see it!!

hello everyone i have just ordered a mini pc case for my ouya so i have some more room to work with internally currently have a new fan and a solderd usb hub but it is lose atm i was wondering if anyone knows of how to change to power button so i can relocate it on the case ?
thank you in advance

:when i have a a way to relocate the power button i will post pics of my ouya casing and a set up guide for thos of intrested.

reskue95
12-14-2013, 01:01 AM
Thank you, just need to get the power button remounted to the case then will post some pics :)

Manaurys
12-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Any updates?

Michael Thompson
12-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Interesting idea!
I would like to house a hard drive and hub with the Ouya board in a small case as well.

When i get some time I'll have to take a look at mini and micro ATX cases.

reskue95
12-31-2013, 06:13 PM
Update read original post :)

Cannibalpinhead
03-06-2014, 11:26 PM

I am thinking about another case for my ouya, too. The power-button-replacement is the first big problem. How did you solve it? You promised a guide! ;)

Michael Thompson
03-07-2014, 12:05 AM
There is nothing to solve for the power button.
Most cases use a momentary switch just like Ouya does.
Solder wires where the switch is on the Ouya PCB and run them to the other switch. You could even leave the switch installed on the Ouya PCB if you want because you are wiring them in parallel.

Cannibalpinhead
03-07-2014, 12:35 AM
I want to use my own Switch. The case I have in mind doesnt have a switch.

Iīve got somthing in mind like this one:

http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/702602/Vandalismusgeschuetzter-Drucktaster-250-VAC-05-A-1-x-AusEin-IP67-tastend-1-St?queryFromSuggest=true

It has to have a LED to know the status. The Ouya got a seperate LED, so I have to compare it. I know how to solder... but I donīt have a clue about electics! :D So I need to know exactly what button I need... and what I have to solder to what! ;)

If the LED in the Button does not work... its no problem to replace the original LED with a new one that I put somewhere in my case... but the solution within the button looks way better

reskue95
03-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Hi there as I am currently waiting for a soldering iron to arrive I can't show you the correct method to doing this but I can show you what button I am using so you can get a rough idea
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wv3r28m0a6ke70z/1-0B1zFbMp
I have added a couple of pics if the button with the cables connected
Ones I have a iron I will be soldering the cables to the underside of the ouyas motherboard connecting it to the pins of the original button and led this creates a easy and effective method of powering the device :)

Ps when I get the tools I will make a guide on how to do this :)