PDA

View Full Version : I want folders

Starfighter
12-13-2013, 08:10 AM
As the title clearly states; I want folders! :)

To be more exact I want to be able to create folders in my Play section. I currently have over 115 games I'm happy with in there, many of which also are paid. I don't want to delete a single one. But it's getting to the point where I have to browse through all these games over and over again to find games I haven't beaten yet or something like that.

It would be awesome if I could create folders to organize the view, or at least make a few default folders available.

Examples of folders I would like to have:

New
Playing
Beaten
Remember to buy
Purchased
Demos
Alpha/beta games

The obvious perk of having the ability to create own folders is that we could name them anything, and the obvious perk of having pre-defined folders would be that they could have certain properties like displaying different relevant information regarding the items in them.

mmartino
12-13-2013, 01:49 PM
I second this and would like to add that the Alpha/Beta games should have their own section in Discover. And at the very least they should change the installed Icon to an Owned Icon. Really any additional organization they allow us would be very much appreciated lol.

Hydrus
12-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Not a bad thought. They can implement a search feature with the folders in case you forgot where you put a game.

timmytot666
12-13-2013, 02:29 PM
/me uses a custom launcher that supports folders.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Starfighter
12-13-2013, 03:00 PM
timmytot666: While I do think custom launchers is a great thing for people that want to fiddle with them, it shouldn't be the immediate answer to every request. I would like to se the stock Ouya launcher refined as well as the thriving of custom things, instead of just dropped like a hot potato. :)

timmytot666
12-13-2013, 03:20 PM
They're constantly going to be changing and updating the UI. But the great thing about android is that you can customize it so in depth. There are tons of launchers, browsers, games, streaming services, etc., So I say lets customize it just like I did when I soft modded my xbox.

Eldon.McGuinness
12-13-2013, 04:08 PM
I would settle for being able to just pin a favs to the home screen!

Starfighter
12-13-2013, 04:53 PM
They're constantly going to be changing and updating the UI.
Exactly. And most of those changes will be based on what we want. :)

timmytot666
12-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Yeah, til its as customizable as my current launcher I prolly won't use it lol. Also I hate that on the front screen its THEIR featured games, not even game suggestions for you. Thats one of the main reasons I don't use it lol. I have all my apps in different catagories and its pretty nice hiding ones I've beaten. I'm not saying give up on the current launcher by any means; but it doesn't serve the Ouya justice.

flamepanther
12-13-2013, 05:04 PM
I would settle for being able to just pin a favs to the home screen!
Or even just to the front of the PLAY menu. It could just be the opposite of the "bury" feature.

Starfighter
12-13-2013, 05:11 PM
but it doesn't serve the Ouya justice.
True.

Pat1986
04-27-2014, 10:03 PM
just thought about this today as now with the new sections (purchased; last download; A-Z) it got even more messy. Want to do my own Sections like "Emulators; Plattformer; Pixel; Apps etc..."

xAD
04-28-2014, 04:43 AM
Well, now we have Favorites and Purchased...and I still desperately need custom folders to bring any semblance of organization to my Play menu.

TigerClawRadio
04-28-2014, 11:32 PM
This. Completely agree. The madness of the Discover store is really one of the good things about Ouya. However, we need the tools to make sense of it as we see fit.