PDA

View Full Version : OUYA Projector

Dashingw
12-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Ok, maybe this is far fetched, but if i had my own company that invented this console I would want to go one step further. Grant it, the OUya console would have to be bigger, how much i don't know but can you imagine if there was a projector in the Ouya just to project the games/movies on a wall or ceiling, even just for a short distance of maybe 10-20 ft with an headphone output for audio!! This came to me lastnight while i was lying in bed playing a game on my tablet and wishing i could just lie flat and play the game on the ceiling above my head. Ofcourse you would still want the Hdmi output for hooking up to an actual tv when you want as well.

That would make it the first console i think that doesn't need an external display device, just some headphones or external speakers to plug into the headphone jack and the other usual ports on it as well ofcourse...

Something to ponder.....

Warzard
12-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Um too late! http://www.otonx.com/

Dashingw
12-08-2013, 12:59 AM
Aw crap, oh well, it doesn't mean Ouya can't do it to their console right?? And this Otonx isn't even out yet either so timing would be good unless there's a patent problem with this type of thing. I'm not to knowledable in that department... lol

Definately be a good add on feature for Ouya down the road, maybe Ouya 3 :-)

And OTON's "Reserve Now" link doesn't seem to even work, so maybe that's a good sign!! Lol

Warzard
12-08-2013, 01:19 AM
Oton is probably vaporware, and there's nothing saying Ouya can't copy a few ideas from them. Just look at the Kinect vs Eye-toy, everyone copying Nintendo with motion control. Achievements vs trophies.