PDA

View Full Version : GOSCURRY (by Holoville Games) coming for OUYA!

Outlander999
12-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEEuZQGExAU

...Seems a small, cool gem!

Hydrus
12-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Looks pretty interesting. I wonder if the ship accelerates and moves by itself, those turns seem pretty tight for a human to control. It could be like Sonic Dash.

flamepanther
12-07-2013, 01:24 PM
That looks incredibly hard!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Saracen26
12-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Looks good, but I don't have the necessary reaction time these days in my older age to do well at this.

It's like the Sonic 3 & Knuckles special stages. I know all the paths, timings and locations of every Blue Orb from when I played it to death over 15 years ago. Can I even do the very first special stage I come across... Not a chance in hell. Yet I can still blast through the whole platforming section and complete it like I used to. But not as Hyper Sonic, never gonna happen... I'm too slow these days.

Sluup
12-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Ooohhh, nice!

Magler
12-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Looks super cool definitely getting this on my OUYA when I am getting my console. I would buy this if I get addicted to this and not be pissed about always failing.

Daniele
12-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Hey thanks a lot for posting about Goscurry here Outlander999 :) I'm Daniele, the developer of Goscurry (though most of the porting is being done by the Ghostshark (http://www.ghostshark.it/home/) guys), and since I just released the Win/Mac/Linux version I'm pretty excited. The Ouya version might be ready in time for Christmas.

To answer a couple questions:
@MELTDOWN: the ship indeed accelerates by itself (though you can activate/deactivate its turbo - to make it harder but also rack more points), and the controls will be used to turn 90 in the chosen direction, jump, evade, and boost.
@Saracen26: I hear you. I thought I was good when I first started developing and testing Goscurry by myself (I'm not young anymore either), but then I saw what some real pro could do with it and I just went hiding under a rock. Luckily I developed an autopilot for internal testing purposes :D
@Magler: I'm happy - very happy - to say that players seem to not get pissed about failing, since the game is always fair. Still, there will be a free demo to try obviously :)

Negative Zero
12-07-2013, 10:17 PM
This looks great, but definitely the "throw your controller in rage" every time you fail type of game.