PDA

View Full Version : Pro OUYA Controller.

RiotingSpectre
12-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Without reading this (http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?8079-Let-s-talk-OUYA-2-What-would-you-like-to-see) thread and seeing if someone previously mentioned this idea. I think it would be a good idea for OUYA to have a pro controller that's similar to the Wii's in the sense that it's optional stuff if you want it without changing anything else on the Developer's side which would force people to configure two different controllers if that wasn't the case. We're of course talking about something that would come with an increased price, but I believe that if they get the features down we could not complain as a majority.

Features:

- Rechargeable Battery.
- Concave Thumb-sticks(similar to the new controllers).
- Textured D-Pad(but not so much where you're getting blisters over hours of play).
- Triggers similar to these (http://blog.tinydeal.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/gioteckrealtriggers-300-100.jpg) with improved durability.
- Artificial Weights. Rechargeable batteries are less heavy than two double "A"'s and nobody wants to play with what feels like a toy.

Do you think this is a good idea? Something sold alongside the other hardware including the regular controller as an optional purchase at an increased price. If so and if you have other ideas of your own for a pro controller. What would they be?

caffeinekid
12-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Force feedback too?

RiotingSpectre
12-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Force feedback too?

Well the thing is, is that you don't want Developers to have to assign extra things to every game that they have for what is considered a controller for a niche group of people hence why I excluded a Start & Select button. You want something that can get off the shelves and into the hands of the players with full features intact without involvement from anybody else.

Cheese_king
12-04-2013, 12:56 PM
you got some nice points. Also it should have better range like the xbox and ps3 controllers.

Killswitch
12-04-2013, 01:27 PM
I was actually toying with an idea but not sure it can happen...but yeah....more mapping...

timmytot666
12-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Start and select buttons,

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2