PDA

View Full Version : Permanently Enable ADB Over Network

Eldon.McGuinness
11-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Here is a quick way to keep ADB over network a viable option, instead of having to turn it on over and over.

Connect to the ouya via ADB (network or usb)
Open a command prompt and open a shell to the OUYA

adb shell
Gain admin rights

su
Mount the filesystem as Read/Write

mount -o rw,remount -t ext4 /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP
Add the network option

echo service.adb.tcp.port=5555 >> /system/build.prop
Mount the filesystem as Read Only

mount -o ro,remount -t ext4 /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP
Reboot!

Please note, this will not survive an update, so if you update your OUYA and notice it is no longer working, just follow the steps again.

[Source (http://www.progressivethink.in/on/ouya/and/permanently-enable-adb-over-network-ouya/)]

mmartino
11-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Didn't they just add this option to the system menu to just switch ADB over network off or on? and if so wouldn't that be the same?

InvaderGames
11-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Didn't they just add this option to the system menu to just switch ADB over network off or on? and if so wouldn't that be the same?

It is not present in OUYA's rom, But if it were, it would be the same

eldon: This as a .sh + .bat would be pretty neat :)

mmartino
11-27-2013, 06:28 PM
It is not present in OUYA's rom, But if it were, it would be the same

eldon: This as a .sh + .bat would be pretty neat :)

Its on the 1.2.676_r1 rom. I am using it right now. Just wondered if the settings don't stick or anything but it turns out they work great! Its about time they added an easy toggle switch to enable this :)

Eldon.McGuinness
11-28-2013, 12:13 AM
Its on the 1.2.676_r1 rom. I am using it right now. Just wondered if the settings don't stick or anything but it turns out they work great! Its about time they added an easy toggle switch to enable this :)

This does not survive an power cycle in my experience (note I don't mean a suspend, but a power on/power off)

This as a .sh + .bat would be pretty neat :)

It would, but since the session is on the OUYA, not the pc, it would not work, I tried heh.