PDA

View Full Version : Another Update!?!?! My wife is gonna smash my Ouya!

aceallways
11-23-2013, 02:48 AM
The wife called me yesterday and today since the Ouya decided to update right when she tried to use it.

She says she will smash it if this happens again.

It would be really nice if updates could be turned off, scheduled to happen at a certain time (2:00AM), or gave you the option to update later when they came up.

Please save my OUYA!

Schizophretard
11-23-2013, 03:06 AM
The wife called me yesterday and today since the Ouya decided to update right when she tried to use it.

She says she will smash it if this happens again.

It would be really nice if updates could be turned off, scheduled to happen at a certain time (2:00AM), or gave you the option to update later when they came up.

Please save my OUYA!

They added the incremental updates to make them faster. That is why the one from today was fast compared to yesterdays' big one which added the incremental ones. A sleep mode that still does things like updates, automatic updates for games, and for downloading a list of games while away would be nice though. It would seem to be off but do necessary maintenance. That would be cool and helpful.

GoldenAxeDwarf
11-23-2013, 03:39 AM
It does update in sleep mode, but you have to initiate the update while awake, then quickly put it to sleep. That's what I do.

SlingShot
11-23-2013, 03:40 AM
The updates do not bother me. I like software revisions.

Schizophretard
11-23-2013, 03:56 AM
It does update in sleep mode, but you have to initiate the update while awake, then quickly put it to sleep. That's what I do.

Does that work with game/app downloads?

GoldenAxeDwarf
11-23-2013, 04:06 AM
Does that work with game/app downloads?
Yep. I always put the system to sleep after initiating a bunch of game downloads/updates before bed.

Schizophretard
11-23-2013, 04:20 AM
Yep. I always put the system to sleep after initiating a bunch of game downloads/updates before bed.

You got to be kidding me! Thanks! That is some very useful information and I think I love you! This is why OUYA needs a better manual.

GoldenAxeDwarf
11-24-2013, 07:22 AM
You got to be kidding me! Thanks! That is some very useful information and I think I love you! This is why OUYA needs a better manual.
Haha. I discovered it by accident because wi-fi is slow as molasses on my Ouya. Putting the system, I discovered, speeds up the download process. At first I just did it for forced updates, but then I realized games could also be downloaded in the background too.

Paul Laimal-Convoy
12-09-2013, 01:16 PM
You CAN disable updates (I think) by going to the settings and looking around for "sync ouya updates", or something similar. I turned mine off as I was unhappy with the last update.

mmartino
12-09-2013, 03:15 PM
You CAN disable updates (I think) by going to the settings and looking around for "sync ouya updates", or something similar. I turned mine off as I was unhappy with the last update.

Paul turning updates off in advance has not worked since it first released from what I have noticed. It never did a thing for me and there are several threads around that mention it not working. From what I have seen the only way to disable them is with a custom launcher. I just wanted to warn you in case it doesn't work for you.