PDA

View Full Version : Change-log on actual console (!)

Hydrus
11-22-2013, 08:06 PM
I just updated the OUYA but I'm not getting a change-log with what's new. I think it would be sweet if it was available in the actual console instead of having to search for it online. Some OUYA users may not know that the log is available online, making them be completely unaware of what is goin' on.

CesarYAtique
11-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Under manage, there is a option called updating notes (I think), or it may :e under system, not sure
Someone could look it a moment?

Hydrus
11-22-2013, 08:15 PM
You sir, are a genius. That wasn't there before. I wonder if it's something new from this update. It's in:

MANAGE > UPDATE NOTES

I personally was thinking of a pop-up thing like in Mupen 64.

mmartino
11-22-2013, 09:17 PM
You sir, are a genius. That wasn't there before. I wonder if it's something new from this update. It's in:

MANAGE > UPDATE NOTES

I personally was thinking of a pop-up thing like in Mupen 64.

I updated 2 of mine last night and not only is there a UPDATE NOTES in MANAGE but after the first boot I did get a popup too... odd you didn't but hey at least the update works lol.

Hydrus
11-22-2013, 09:30 PM
odd you didn't but hey at least the update works lol.

Not to be mean, but I'm not seeing any big functional improvements within the GUI. If anything, it's worse for me since it's laggy (er). It's graphically pleasing (sort of) and I love the addition of a home menu when I double tap the OUYA button, but it needs some more work. I feel like the update is a beta (maybe it is). I'm judging it based on what I've tried so far, I'll test the rest later. Maybe my judgement will be better by then. Consider this an alpha-feedback lol.

CesarYAtique
11-22-2013, 09:31 PM
I really knew it because I read the changelog in other post on the forum, if not, I would never have noticed

flamepanther
11-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Not to be mean, but I'm not seeing any big functional improvements within the GUI. If anything, it's worse for me since it's laggy (er). It's graphically pleasing (sort of) and I love the addition of a home menu when I double tap the OUYA button, but it needs some more work. I feel like the update is a beta (maybe it is). I'm judging it based on what I've tried so far, I'll test the rest later. Maybe my judgement will be better by then. Consider this an alpha-feedback lol.

I find that it's maybe a little bit choppier (but not much) during general use, but it is much, MUCH less likely to choke to death while browsing DISCOVER or while downloading and installing a queue of games. So at the very least, looking around for new stuff to play is much smoother.