PDA

View Full Version : OUYA branded devices etc.

spinal
11-20-2013, 08:40 AM
I assume I'm not the only one who thinks there should be OUYA branded accessories such as thumb drives, SD cards, hdd enclosures, USB hubs, mugs, even plain old stickers.

Loey
11-20-2013, 09:11 AM
Why? They would probably be more expensive then ones you can already get on the market.

CaptainCapslock
11-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Selling such accessories is often a good way to increase brand-recognition, but unless they sell them very cheap, I doubt a lot of people are going to buy them.
The main question is therefore; Isn't the Ouya team's time better spent doing something else than creating a store to sell accessories?

All that being said, it sure would be sweet to have a Ouya-branded USB to plug into my Ouya console :)

Saracen26
11-20-2013, 10:02 AM
All that being said, it sure would be sweet to have a Ouya-branded USB to plug into my Ouya console :)

This^^

I do kinda think it's key (and somewhat essential) that OUYA actually sell something like this to go alongside the console. This would also enforce the fact that the OUYA has now (or will very shortly) have true expandable storage. Afterall, there have been a few people who haven't got USB Drives (like Samsung's) to work.

I honestly do think a manufacturing contract with Sandisk would be a positive venture. They'd be able to sell high capacity sticks at an honest and cheap price. I have a couple of 16GB sticks. Both of which work perfectly with OUYA, and with no issues whatsoever. I've known other models of Sandisk to work perfectly as well from other forum users.

DrunkPunk
11-20-2013, 10:05 AM
A base with a built in fan, 4 USB ports and extra storage would get a purchase from me immediately. Slap the Ouya logo on it and take my money!

mmartino
11-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Yeah I would go for it. At least then you should get devices that are completely compatible.

SlingShot
11-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Ouya branded expandable storage is a must in my opinion. That was people without any technical knowledge can go pick up something they know will work with the OUYA.

iprice
11-20-2013, 08:17 PM
OUYA branded apparel could be good. Not sure I'd pay extra for branded storage though.