PDA

View Full Version : Play Store Rankings

xAD
11-07-2013, 01:55 PM
> OK, this got magicked out of a generic thread...but Play Store rankings? that's Google. This is more like "Play Menu Organization"

I'm at the point where I really, really wish they'd add at least phone-menu style folders to the Play section. Sick of scrolling through utilities and media players and emulators to find games (or scrolling through emulators and games and utilities to find media players, or...) - particularly when the section reshuffles itself constantly and in different ways when you're on-line or off.

Give me a little control, here, guys!

(and, for the love of all that's holy, DON'T take my example categories or make up your own and "conveniently" shove things into them so we don't have to - that will only serve to make the menu less usable and more annoying because I don't categorize things the same way you do and vice-versa. Plus that would keep me from having a "Games my friend Bill made" folder, or the like.)

James Andrew Coote
11-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Yeah, must admit it is annoying having the "Play" games, which are the ones you've already downloaded and/or bought, ordered by O-Rank. Especially when you double tap menu out of a game after 30 seconds, it seems to get shunted right to the back of the store. Often I double tap out because I forgot I was going to change a setting or something first, not because I don't like the game/app. (Most games you've barely got past the menu in 30 seconds, even if you know what you are doing).

Rather than folders or a hierarchical structure, I think it'd be a good idea to have the play store split into a few big tiles and then a long list that is ordered either alphabetically or chronologically (when you downloaded the game first).

So have a "Most Recent", and maybe "Recommended" or "Not Played This In A While?", then the rest as a static list