PDA

View Full Version : Double-click for permanent block caps

Alex Ross Shaw
10-31-2013, 10:29 PM
Just a small thing but pretty much every platform has double-click the shift button to make the block caps permanent (unless you press shift again). As someone who has a User ID with all block caps it's irritating having to press shift-letter, shift-letter, shift-letter instead of just shift-shift and away.

As I say, a small thing but should be easy to do in a firmware update.

Hydrus
11-01-2013, 06:48 AM
What do you mean with 'block cap'? What is that?

Edit:

Oh, I get it. You mean Caps Lock.

RiotingSpectre
11-01-2013, 06:51 AM
What do you mean with 'block cap'? What is that?

From what I can get, he essentially wants a caps lock option so that he may type in his user identification faster. To be fair, I've heard this complaint before and it would indeed be annoying. What these members can only do is keep hitting shift, select letter, hit shift, select letter. Real tedious...

Hydrus
11-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Yeah, I figured it out lol. It would be a nice feature for those with capped names. Personally doesn't bother me, only one of my letters is capitalized.

Alex Ross Shaw
11-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Haha, sorry - I wonder if I've just made up a term. :P Yeah - caps lock essentially - the ability to write in block caps. :) Like I say, I don't think it would be too hard to implement, actually find it a bit odd they haven't already but maybe this will alert them to it! :)

RiotingSpectre
11-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I'd vote for this idea. Good suggestion, Alex.

mmartino
11-04-2013, 03:48 PM
You guys can also use L3 for shift is you are using the Ouya keyboard. It makes the caps a lot easier.

RiotingSpectre
11-04-2013, 03:50 PM
You guys can also use L3 for shift is you are using the Ouya keyboard. It makes the caps a lot easier.

True, but it's still tedious as all hell. There needs to be a permanent one button press solution to it all and not repeatedly button mashing like the options we currently have.

mmartino
11-04-2013, 04:00 PM
True, but it's still tedious as all hell. There needs to be a permanent one button press solution to it all and not repeatedly button mashing like the options we currently have.

Oh without a doubt it needs a caps lock. Just wanted to throw that out there. Spent 2 months navigating to shift each time till I saw the L3 for Shift option lol. Figured I could save a couple people some time haha