PDA

View Full Version : Mapping games from Google Play store?

lartomar2002
12-15-2012, 02:18 AM
First does anyone know for sure if we will be able to play the Games we have all ready bought from Google Play and if not will we be able to some how map the controller buttons? I hope I have posted this in the correct forum.

Dreamzle
12-15-2012, 02:41 AM
We won't be able to, and there isn't any mapping of buttons. The Ouya is designed to have its own store with its own games, it will not have the Google Play app installed. A person could theoretically root the device and install the Google Play store, then it's really just a regular Android device without a touchscreen, so the only games you'd be able to play would be ones already designed for 100% game controllers play, or possibly games that use the touchscreen for single touches that don't matter where on the screen you touch (since you can't see where you're touching on the game controller's touchpad).

AdyCarter
12-15-2012, 11:05 AM
A fair amount of Android games already have controller support, as the Ouya SDK uses the existing controller libraries then chances are most all Google Play games with controller support will work fine provided you either root and install Google Play or just sideload the APKs.

As for controller mapping, many games have this already (Dead Trigger etc) although admittedly many don't and just give you a default set of controls.

At the end of the day Ouya want you to buy the games from their store, so they aren't going to go out of their way to be compatible with GPlay which you can only force onto the devices.

leyvaqd
01-04-2013, 04:32 PM
żAnd something like that with a custom ROM?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgsJ7gUK1cA

lartomar2002
01-04-2013, 09:31 PM
A fair amount of Android games already have controller support, as the Ouya SDK uses the existing controller libraries then chances are most all Google Play games with controller support will work fine provided you either root and install Google Play or just sideload the APKs.

As for controller mapping, many games have this already (Dead Trigger etc) although admittedly many don't and just give you a default set of controls.

At the end of the day Ouya want you to buy the games from their store, so they aren't going to go out of their way to be compatible with GPlay which you can only force onto the devices.
Is there a downside to rooting the OUYA so I can access GPlay? I want to use GPlay because I have a fair amount of money invested in in games I have purchased from it.

AdyCarter
01-04-2013, 09:39 PM
My current understanding (although information is fuzzy on this subject) its that rooting the Ouya will disable/block access to the Ouya store. Although this information has been contradicted and then reaffirmed a few times. There was also a mention that as so much of the Google Services Framework is missing (ie all of it) its much harder than just sticking an APK on to get the Play Store.

There is of course the long running counter argument that its irrelevant as most current GPlay games will look/handle terrible on the Ouya too.

I think we're in wait and see mode.

lartomar2002
01-04-2013, 09:50 PM
My current understanding (although information is fuzzy on this subject) its that rooting the Ouya will disable/block access to the Ouya store. Although this information has been contradicted and then reaffirmed a few times. There was also a mention that as so much of the Google Services Framework is missing (ie all of it) its much harder than just sticking an APK on to get the Play Store.

There is of course the long running counter argument that its irrelevant as most current GPlay games will look/handle terrible on the Ouya too.

I think we're in wait and see mode.

I have invested in the Game Stick kickstarter. Its only dual core but the other specs are up there. I am now covered on all areas. I HOPE!

Left4Joker
01-10-2013, 12:04 AM
I have invested in the Game Stick kickstarter. Its only dual core but the other specs are up there. I am now covered on all areas. I HOPE!

I saw some demos from a console called MiGen that looked promising, it's only on youtube, the developer didn't make an official announcement yet.
Look for MyGen Modern Combat on youtube.

lartomar2002
01-10-2013, 02:07 AM
I saw some demos from a console called MiGen that looked promising, it's only on youtube, the developer didn't make an official announcement yet.
Look for MyGen Modern Combat on youtube.

I found a MiGen web site: http://www.migen2u.com/migengameconsole.htm. It has decent specs but, cost $299.00.

Left4Joker
01-11-2013, 05:29 PM
I talked with the dev, they are working on a $149 version of it =)

ernie
01-19-2013, 12:32 PM
what is´the difference between OUYA and MiGen??
beside OUYA has its own games and MiGen has better hardware?

SamJ
01-19-2013, 12:51 PM
What does your question have to do with the title of this thread?

I think the main difference is the price tag and the lack of interest in the device. And the horrible website (I'm viewing it from my phone.)

HellRa1SeR
01-19-2013, 05:11 PM
I dont think we will be able to access Play store on OUYA so easily. They would have definitely removed the frameworks and all required for the store.

It may require a lot of effort by someone to bring the market. And as far as games are concerned only those games would be easy that support the controller.

lartomar2002
01-19-2013, 09:40 PM
I dont think we will be able to access Play store on OUYA so easily. They would have definitely removed the frameworks and all required for the store.

It may require a lot of effort by someone to bring the market. And as far as games are concerned only those games would be easy that support the controller.

All of my expensive Gameloft HD games support controllers. The same with my EA and Madfinger games.

damien
01-20-2013, 08:56 AM
android is a really fun system,
it sounds like that the ouya team gives it's method of rooting the console, which itself removes teh availiability of the ouya-store

i'm pretty shure if there will be a custom method

even if not some of us would provide access to the playstore, even without the right framework, the ability to install every apk without even rooting the device can help with this function