PDA

View Full Version : OUYA listens to suggestions...

Chickenlump
10-19-2013, 09:13 PM
I liked the large tile at the top of the launcher for the most recent game/app. It was a handy addition to the OUYA launcher, and a time saver.
I then got to thinking, what if, right next to it were two pinnable tiles, where I could pin 2 apps/games for quick access...
I went ahead and suggested it, and got a reply back!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Chickenlump/Capture.jpg
*eesh... photobucket has really gone downhill...*

Even if it never gets implemented or gets implemented very differently than I imagined it in my head, I found the fact that they responded to me at all to be very cool.
I've taken the time to email other companies with suggestions, comments and criticisms before, but this is honestly the first time a company has responded back. :)

masvil
10-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Yeah, real open philosophy!

InvaderGames
10-21-2013, 12:10 AM
They really do listen to our suggestions, but people dont usually consider that OUYA is still a company. Like any other company, there is a process each feature has to go trough before it gets implemented;

- Suggestion
--- Someone suggests it to be added at a meeting, or wherever they brainstorm new features.
- Acceptance
--- They agree it would be nice to add it, the idea gets developed further.
- Discussion
--- The discuss the best approach to get this implemented, at this point form may change, diferent approaches may be suggested by the developers, the idea may be enirely dumped as well.
- Implementation
--- Here the final form may turn out different due to technical issues as well, its up to the developers.

This is based on my own experience, but I suppose this is how it works on the OUYA as well. Developers cant just go and add whatever they want to the apps (launcher, oobe, framework, ROM), they have to add what the head of developement tells them to add, if they add something else and they screw the app, then its their fault and the consecuences may be severe for them (they are screwing a product that is used by thousands of people!!).

TURTLR
12-08-2013, 06:35 AM
Youtube on Ouya without going on the browser! Or You-ya! (for short.)

Paul Laimal-Convoy
12-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Youtube on Ouya without going on the browser! Or You-ya! (for short.)

XMBC will (kinda) work but you can't sign in. Conversely, if you google serach "Tube Mate APK", there is an app that can be found on legit yet non warez app stores and will enable you to view and/or download youtube vids in HD. The latest builds are very stable on ouya but you'll need a mouse to get around the app. you can even sign in, too.