PDA

View Full Version : So what can you do with a bluetooth mouse or keyboard?

offroad
10-16-2013, 07:20 PM
I had success in getting OUYA to recognize my Bluetooth Mouse and Bluetooth keyboard. But when I am in the OUYA main screen the mouse and the keybaord do nothing. What other few settings do I need to activate to get a bluetoth device to work on the OUYA? Do I also need special drivers for the mouse and keyboard, beyond the bluetooth connectivity?

timmytot666
10-16-2013, 07:29 PM
No its not written into the ouya launcher to support the keyboard presses. It should work with games that support hid including order and chaos.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

madmax2069
10-16-2013, 07:38 PM
It might not with a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse but the ouya launcher sure does work with a USB keyboard and mouse.

masvil
10-16-2013, 09:09 PM
I wonder if mouse + keyboard can be used in some FTPs (http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?1157-Neon-Shadow-An-old-school-multiplayer-FPS-released!-OUYA-Create-Jam&p=78975&viewfull=1#post78975)

madmax2069
10-16-2013, 11:34 PM
I wonder if mouse + keyboard can be used in some FTPs (http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?1157-Neon-Shadow-An-old-school-multiplayer-FPS-released!-OUYA-Create-Jam&p=78975&viewfull=1#post78975)

You will never get full mouse usage in FPS games on ouya as you do in like a FPS on a PC unless the ouya is rooted and game takes advantage of root to capture raw mouse input. In a unrooted state the mouse cursor (movement) will not go beyond the screen edges, once it reaches screen edges it will no longer accept input (further coordinates) in that direction.

Its a limitation in android so to speak.

Keyboards do work fine as long as the game itself is programmed to see the keyboard as a input device (keyboards work in open arena, at least in the sideloaded version).

masvil
10-17-2013, 12:20 AM
You will never get full mouse usage in FPS games on ouya as you do in like a FPS on a PC unless the ouya is rooted
Great explanation, thank you.

offroad
10-24-2013, 01:24 PM
So I should just plug in a USB keyboard to get use if I am just adjusting settings. And use the controller as a mouse. Guess I can do that at first.

Does the OUYA launcher work well with a Bluetooth mouse? And should it work well?

---

So my USB mouse can move around the native OUYA launcher. But it does not actually use the mouse buttons to launch applications. Are the mouse buttons mapped for use in the native launcher ? Seems strange that either a double click of a mouse button would not launch an application. Or a right click will not escape. Neither mouse buttons are mapped it seems.

Posts merged. Please use the edit button and don't double post. -Schiz

madmax2069
11-16-2013, 06:37 AM
So my USB mouse can move around the native OUYA launcher. But it does not actually use the mouse buttons to launch applications. Are the mouse buttons mapped for use in the native launcher ? Seems strange that either a double click of a mouse button would not launch an application. Or a right click will not escape. Neither mouse buttons are mapped it seems. you can click on the launch option at the bottom of your screen to launch a game in the play menu, so far it still doesnt work like this under the make menu, still stuck with having to use your controller.

offroad
11-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks madmax. Your observation is exactly what I needed. Now can relaunch XBMC if I get kicked out accidentally. Using my SANOXY VRC1100 remote that AMAZON sells for $15 because it has a USB plugin with cable for infrared receiver from the remote. Remote also has a mouse built in and OUYA recognizes the mouse.

Now just wish could get OUYA to recognize a double left mouse button as the "A" button. Which is return to previous menu. Have no idea how to or if OUYA can be made to do this.