PDA

View Full Version : DLNA Server

Brawler
10-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Hey everyone,

This is the situation. I have my Ouya setup to download torrents automatically and would like to set up a DLNA server via wifi to serve these videos to two media players I have. This way I can turn my ouya into a dedicated HTPC.

The problem I am having is that my Ouya will not show up on my player. I have tried XBMC, Bubble UPnP, DLNA Server, Media Server and Twonky Beam. DLNA and Media Server both run without a hitch from my Galaxy S2. I figure it is an Ouya (maybe ouya blocked on router end?) issue.

Has anybody got a setup like this working? What apps and setup are you using? Is this a router or ouya issue?

T3KN0GH057
10-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Mine works using XBMC UPnP server ( PC) to XBMC (Ouya)

You just turn on XBMC's UPnP server on on your PC and leave XBMC running minimized.

Magnesus
10-12-2013, 06:45 AM
I think he wants it to work the other way. I wonder - maybe OUYA is killing the porcess because it has background processes turned off? Should be fixable in settings.

Brawler
10-13-2013, 08:23 AM
You are right Magnesus. How do I go about fixing that? I found Manage>System>Advanced>Developer>Background Process Limit and changed that to "At most 4 processes". It didn't make a difference.

offroad
10-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Does it work via Ethernet ? Just don't trust wifi at all any more.

Brawler
10-25-2013, 02:11 PM
I've been pulling my hair out over this for some time now. My file transfer over Wifi didn't work either, using multiple apps. Finally got around to using offroad's advice. But was too lazy to take and hook up Ouya, media player and TV in the kitchen where the router is.

So this was my solution:
I had one of these lying around the house DLink Wireless Access Bridge (http://www.dlink.com.au/products/?pid=873) cost me ~AU$60 a few months back.
As soon as I plugged it in, it appeared on my media player without a hitch. It makes the ouya think it's connected using Ethernet. Also using SwiFTP and Filezilla for file transfer. If anyone (and I know there are plenty!) are having wifi issues, maybe this is the solution?