PDA

View Full Version : Discover: Wish-List & Shopping Cart.

RiotingSpectre
10-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Guess I'll start of the new section with something I know has been on the minds of a lot of our members and that's the ability of a wish-list and shopping cart. It would work like your typical Amazon-ish thing where you can choose what things you want to save for a later date, however with the added ability of prioritized downloading. The ability to select any number of games and put them either in your shopping cart, or wish-list would be beneficial for seamless downloading along with organizing.

Wish-List...
- Add any number of games to the wish-list where you can prioritize what downloads first while also acting as a reminder list for future full-purchases with a check-mark system.
- The ability to "move" what gets downloaded first along with download information such as the content being used up in the total.
- The ability to uninstall things as you're installing via a removal list. You can brosw your already downloaded applications to be removed while your wish-list replaces them with new content. Something too big that's trying to get downloaded? Your removal list will uninstall more things from your list before trying to install the bigger game/application.
- Check-mark system which allows the more reassured customers to put them in shopping cart without manually doing it otherwise.

Shopping Cart...
- The ability to download and purchase the full game of anything that's in the list.
- The ability to work alongside the wish-list with a check-mark system which allows customers to quickly buy things they know they'll like.
- The ability to select whether you want to include in-app purchases to your ready-to-purchase games from the shopping cart and select which ones you'd like in particular if not all.
- If a a feature is implemented that enables people to see the price of games. Have people now the total of what their shopping cart contains along with any in-app purchases added to this total.

Pretty damn drunk right now and am laying down to type correctly and this is all I could come up with. Is it a good idea?

James Andrew Coote
10-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Wishlist makes a lot of sense. It's kind of the opposite to the current system where you can send things to the back of the queue that you're not interested in.

I think you've got things the wrong way around with the shopping cart. The real debate is whether OUYA should drop no prices displayed on store / everything done with IAP. Then, adding in a shopping cart becomes a details thing of what you do after that initial decision has been made

XanXic
10-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Wish list seems good. Even if it was like just clicking on it and hitting like Y on the summary and it adds it to it's own "wishlist" bar in the store. Like James said though idk how they could get a shopping cart system without a lot of work.

This just gave me an idea of my own though. Away....

RiotingSpectre
10-05-2013, 10:16 PM
I think you've got things the wrong way around with the shopping cart. The real debate is whether OUYA should drop no prices displayed on store / everything done with IAP. Then, adding in a shopping cart becomes a details thing of what you do after that initial decision has been made

Like James said though idk how they could get a shopping cart system without a lot of work.

It's more of a what-if situation where a lot of other pieces from other ideas such as different policies would have to fall together. I think if those pieces were in place, this is some of what they could go with.

Sluup
12-31-2013, 06:18 AM
Wishlist function, me wants!