PDA

View Full Version : Ouya controller connection fix (bluetooth reception mod)

PHYSC
08-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Guys baring in mind i had to completely make this up as i went along without knowing where to solder it was a gamble and sheer guess work.but it would seem i have just created a fix for the connection loss issue with the ouya controller,via soldering a wire on to the gold circle pad on the bluetooth controller board,it has 2 circle pads which i originally soldered a wire to each,this then caused 10x worse connection issues it litteraly ran around on gta 3 doing varied movements by it self without stopping or responding to controller input,so i then removed the upper wirer and left just the lower pad when the top of the controller is facing you the way you'd normally hold it to playthe bottom pad is around half eway down the touch pad behind it slightly to the right hand side.The video should explain better than i can word it guys sorry for that.But i'm hoping i have finaly cracked it as it was not working 6/7ft in direct line of sight before and now out of line of sight about 12/13ft away facing diagnonaly to it it's working perfectly still,let's see if it works for others.It is a hardware connection loss issue when out of control though and not a software glitch or attack over lan or wifi clearly as i may have pondered before.This fix is not for the faint hearted though as requires soldering a wire to a miniscule pad of the bluetooth reciever it self,obviously i do not need to explain the risks involved if you scorch it or damage a solder joint on that reciever board guys,so take care and good luck to you all. :untroubled:

OUYA CONTROLLER CONNECTION FIX (BLUETOOTH RECEPTION MOD) VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws9C95XN5Gw

reeshmd23
04-22-2014, 10:55 PM
FYI this worked for me on two didn't ouyas

Aaron Mallory
05-01-2014, 02:29 AM
i love the ben heck show!, cant wait to try this

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Michael Thompson
05-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Interesting mod!
Now I'm going to have to crack a controller open and start doing a little of my own investigating!

If the right connections can be found a tuned antenna could be dropped in as well, though these random wire mods do seem to be pretty effective.

supafly
08-29-2014, 01:18 AM
I did this the other day and gotta say I can't tell a difference. 10 feet away and still get occasional input bursts or some not registering.

s7eele
09-13-2014, 06:18 AM
Maybe some day soon but not gonna go to soldering on it yet. I'm using the ouya for xbmc almost exclusively and have had it crash out to the stock launcher after hearing what sounds like a short burst of controller button pressing. Suppose this could easily explain that behavior.

Is there anything else that can be done to help, something that doesn't require a hardware mod? As I write this I am thinking that the hardware mod probably wouldn't have even been explored were there a 'software' based solution. Oh well, no stupid questions.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk