PDA

View Full Version : HALO 4 ANDROID WORKING BUT ( incorrect controller mapping please mod this to work)

PHYSC
08-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Hi guys this is a must for somebody with the technical skill to make it happen,i have come across a jomart2000 release of halo a quake 4 mod pack,i installed it on my OUYA and it works :D it can be mapped in-game to an extent but the controls are messed when applied to the controller they incorrectly or simply do not work eg.up = no look up or down etc only side to side works.But can someone please make it work with the ouya as it looks awesome below is the link to the video,please support him.All credit to jomart2000 as i take no credit for it is his work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v7w3s9J-7EE

You must change the id1 folder name to qi4a in lower case and drop this in the root of your sd card (ouya file system tree),this then gets the game to start and display amazingly in full screen .

Here's me showcasing the starting screen in-game with a small request to people who can maybe fix it to run on ouya.Forgive me i couldn't get my words out quick enough at some points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Oy9cS_Qyz4

:D

VIDEO TUTORIAL ON HOW TO INSTALL JUST POSTED HERE:

PART1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64nxcQlP0-E

PART2

http://youtu.be/A8o8zcbDG6Y

Please forgive the poor audio and the bad commentary.

madmax2069
08-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Ahhh, good ole jomart2000. I knew about him (not personally) when he was making those halo for PSP versions, around the time when a group was making solitude for PSP (halo).

Heck if he did it right (rename and whatnot to avoid IP infringement) he could make a release on ouya.

Hydrus
08-11-2013, 07:02 PM
lol I remember those Halo homebrews for the PSP. I played like 3 different Halo games. One of them was a side-scroller made in lua. Another one was actually pretty good. It was just a small map with no enemies. And at the very bottom of the map there was a name written. Can't remember the name...

The PSP day's were golden :)
------------

That actually looks pretty good. Hope someone adds the controller support soon. Gonna have to add that to my list of games to try out. The list it pretty long at the moment...

PHYSC
08-11-2013, 07:08 PM
That's right jomart was predominantly a psp game creator or developer who made stuff for psp if i remember right,but any way this has to be mapped someone knows how to do it and can do it.If i was an android dev it'd be started right this second,the download is in his description in the youtube video just download all 3 files use 7zip or similar extractor like free arch to extract the file with the number 1 in it this will then extract all files leaving a folder called id1,then rename the folder called id1 left by extracting,the extracting part is explained in full detail at the top of the page.

madmax2069
08-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Just remembered the group that was making solitude, flaming ice. They never got around to releasing solitude for PSP, although someone leaked a older version of it while it was still in active development. Jomart2000s versions was just single maps with bots.

Anyone try tincore to see if you can get it to work http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?3187-Tincore-Keymapper-2-4-2-Ouya-support&highlight=tincore

IncognitoMan
08-11-2013, 07:28 PM
lol.... this brings me back when I went under the name PSPdemon...

lol I remember those Halo homebrews for the PSP. I played like 3 different Halo games. One of them was a side-scroller made in lua. Another one was actually pretty good. It was just a small map with no enemies. And at the very bottom of the map there was a name written. Can't remember the name...

I believe both of those works I worked on ( I know the first one I did )... the first one was a halo zero port written in lua....second one ( if its the same one ) was based on a q1/q3 engine hybrid.

Just remembered the group making solitude, flaming ice. They never got around to releasing solitude for PSP, although someone leaked a older version of it while it was still in active development. Jomart2000s versions was just single maps with bots.

Indeed I remember them quite well... back when they first started they asked me to join their team but this was after my attempt with the quake engine... I stopped working on that attempt due to the limitations ( at the time we ( me and one other person ) were going to shoot for a cross platform mod that would work on ds and psp.... but we kept hitting roadblocks... not with the cross play but with the fact that every time we had to optimize and reduce... eventually it got to a point of running half way decently but multiplayer was causing all sort of problems and horrible lag that we canned it. )

I told them that what they were trying to do with what they showed me was just too much for the psp to handle...they told me otherwise and so I left it at that ( and obviously they never truely released a version to the public....and it's quite apparent why when you play the leaked version )

madmax2069
08-11-2013, 07:36 PM
lol.... this brings me back when I went under the name PSPdemon...

I believe both of those works I worked on ( I know the first one I did )... the first one was a halo zero port written in lua....second one ( if its the same one ) was based on a q1/q3 engine hybrid.

Indeed I remember them quite well... back when they first started they asked me to join their team but this was after my attempt with the quake engine... I stopped working on that attempt due to the limitations ( at the time we ( me and one other person ) were going to shoot for a cross platform mod that would work on ds and psp.... but we kept hitting roadblocks... not with the cross play but with the fact that every time we had to optimize and reduce... eventually it got to a point of running half way decently but multiplayer was causing all sort of problems and horrible lag that we canned it. )

I told them that what they were trying to do with what they showed me was just too much for the psp to handle...they told me otherwise and so I left it at that ( and obviously they never truely released a version to the public....and it's quite apparent why when you play the leaked version )

I remember someone telling me that exact same thing about how they are going to run into performance issues and limitations, I just can't remember who. I think it was around the time I was a tester for Daedalusx64 for PSP (around 2009/2010).

PHYSC
08-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Just remembered the group that was making solitude, flaming ice. They never got around to releasing solitude for PSP, although someone leaked a older version of it while it was still in active development. Jomart2000s versions was just single maps with bots.

Anyone try tincore to see if you can get it to work http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?3187-Tincore-Keymapper-2-4-2-Ouya-support&highlight=tincore

'm sorry to ruin your idea,but i have tincore keymapper and it's sh@t in my opinion,it does not work for OUYA correctly ,it creates lag in games and won't bugg@r offscreen,also functionality and control in-app are also more sh@t,not to mention the attempted map to quake3 halo and this current quake 4 version it don't map because the creator assigned varied mumbo jumo key presses to move around/fire etc et and these keymap softwares map to generic presets ie. (wasd),or uparrow,downarrow not this guys personal keymap senario ,hence why i said if a dev can edit it.Else i'd have done it yesterday if tincore worked.This is where i can no longer proceed to do any more with it as it's beyond me,if a simple config alteration works for this can someone post it here please,I'm sure we'd all be gratefull as i would be,and it would be a historic day for OUYA gaming when we can play halo mod and have a possible multiplayer server going.

----

Anyone know if i am allowed to link ouyaforum.com to my youtube channel maybe this will get some devs n on the task of sorting proper conrol,it's had 14 views on my clip about this subject in 1 hr so far so interst is definitely there.

Merged your posts. Use the edit button next time. Thank you.

Saintseiya911
08-11-2013, 08:07 PM
im interested myself as im a h1 fan and am gonna check it out

madmax2069
08-11-2013, 08:20 PM
@PHYSC please don't double post

PHYSC
08-11-2013, 08:36 PM
@PHYSC please don't double post Don't see where i did mate? The actual issue is you are going on and on highjacking the thread,so it's pot kettle black mate.It's for discussing the way to fix controller mapping,nothing to do with your own past game development antics really,not that i give a sh@t,just thought it may explain why i said pot kettle black.Who cares if a newbie double posts or gets you angry while he wonders off for a cuppa in the middle of a chat session, it's not a classroom it's a thread.