PDA

View Full Version : Xbmc media

adamrouse123
08-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi guys very new user to the OUYA. First thoughts are that this type of console could put an end to overly priced consoles dominating the market and I'm very excited to see what future development's will follow.

I have side loaded Xbmc v12.2 (android) which was a piece of cake. Struggling now with media for Xbmc. I would like to use a thumb drive inserted into the back to carry the media but I can't seem to make my thumb drive visible and therefore unable to point sources towards music, video and pictures. Do I need root access for this or are only certain external storages compatible. I'm using a 64gb drive is this to big for the OUYA?

Any help will be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

olijack
08-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Firstly you need to create a link to the device in xbmc to do that

Go to Videos Then Files and click on Add Videos

the "add video source" dialog box appear

click on browse and a box with different options will appear to the right

from here you need to select (from memory) root filesystem this should show a load of files move to usbdrive and open

It should then hopefully show you the video files on the usb stick or if no stick is inserted/detected a blank folder

Move to OK by pressing left (you can do this whether or not you have a drive attached to create the link)

It will then go back to "add video source" dialog with information entered here you can rename if you wish then move to ok

At this point a "set content" dialog box should appear here you can set scrapers (the things that check and match files to display info) you can make any changes here that you want (personally for speed of browsing I just change "exclude folder from scans" by putting a blob in it as the device won't always be plugged in necessarily) then press OK.

Press OK on any dialog boxes that appears and then it will go back to the main video files screen here you will now see a new link that references any drive that you put into the OUYA USB if you see no files in it when a stick is plugged in then there is some problem between your usb device and the OUYA.

Hope this helps if you are not seeing device in xbmc after inserting I would take a look at other threads about problems between USB devices and OUYA.

lucifertdark
08-05-2013, 03:35 PM
You should be able to find the drive under /mnt/usbdrive.

olijack
08-05-2013, 05:07 PM
You should be able to find the drive under /mnt/usbdrive.

or usbdrive as I said in the post above /usbdrive and /mnt/usbdrive are the same thing

lucifertdark
08-05-2013, 06:39 PM
or usbdrive as I said in the post above /usbdrive and /mnt/usbdrive are the same thingYou did indeed. Put my missing it down to a senior moment on my part. ;)

adamrouse123
08-09-2013, 04:27 PM
That worked a treat! Best detailed response I've ever had. Ya'll certainly know your stuff!! Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4