PDA

View Full Version : ZODIAC WARS - Fighting Game for OUYA

OnlineIM
07-23-2013, 09:49 AM
I've seen this game promo on facebook, apparently its coming for ouya, anybody know anything about it? here's their FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/ZodiacWars

Here is their New KickStarter: http://kck.st/17LeJE4

looks promising imho... Ouya needs a good fighting game!

http://i.imgur.com/RYWmvWs.jpg

RiotingSpectre
07-23-2013, 10:01 AM
Ah, yes. These guys...

Last I heard, their KickStarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bmstudios/zodiac-wars) failed miserably, but are still developing and posting regularly on their Facebook.

Chimalpahin
07-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Really? That sucks, it looks like a neat enough concept. Maybe have a Chinese Zodiac alternate constumes

MX Woods3
07-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Ah, yes. These guys...

Last I heard, their KickStarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bmstudios/zodiac-wars) failed miserably, but are still developing and posting regularly on their Facebook.

weird... I wonder if they found a way around the money issue. Then again thinking about it, Phoenix Revival had a kickstarter and it failed and STILL ended up on the OUYA...

NASH79
07-25-2013, 07:21 PM
weird... I wonder if they found a way around the money issue. Then again thinking about it, Phoenix Revival had a kickstarter and it failed and STILL ended up on the OUYA...

I see a PS4 and XBox ONE logo in addition to the OUYA logo on the photo the OP posted.

OnlineIM
07-28-2013, 08:14 AM
I heard Xbox One opened up self-publishing for everyone... dunno the details but sounds appealing...

Sluup
07-28-2013, 08:31 AM
I heard Xbox One opened up self-publishing for everyone... dunno the details but sounds appealing...

I think all the next gen consoles are doing this. Not fully 100% sure about this.

OnlineIM
07-30-2013, 05:01 AM
I think all the next gen consoles are doing this. Not fully 100% sure about this.

really? that's awesome... even ps4?

Killswitch
07-30-2013, 10:21 AM
really? that's awesome... even ps4?

When everyone else did, they basically had to but they will have a lot of red tape or still somehow have an indie section.

Outlander999
07-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Ah, yes. These guys...

Really bad thing.

A shame, I really love that artworks! Hope they will develop it.

OnlineIM
08-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Really bad thing.

A shame, I really love that artworks! Hope they will develop it.

Yeah, and that Scorpio character looks badass!

we'll see what happens with this game...

Manaurys
08-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Yes the ouya needs i good fighting game with good graphics and great characters and this looks prerequisite good hope they can make it, it's always good to have a working demo if you do a kickstarter not just artwork

OnlineIM
11-08-2013, 02:58 AM
Nice! they've re-launched their KickStarter here: http://kck.st/17LeJE4

Already made my pledge :encouragement:

Jakenut86
11-08-2013, 03:03 AM
reaching the $10,000 goal only ensures a demo??? Stretch goal of $100,000 to get a full game wow...I wont donate to get a demo

OnlineIM
11-08-2013, 03:17 AM
reaching the $10,000 goal only ensures a demo??? Stretch goal of $100,000 to get a full game wow...I wont donate to get a demo

$100K is nothing when it comes to developing a videogame, I've seen games that need $3 Million in order to be made so... I just want a fighting game for OUYA so bad!

Jakenut86
11-08-2013, 03:52 AM
$100K is nothing when it comes to developing a videogame, I've seen games that need $3 Million in order to be made so... I just want a fighting game for OUYA so bad!

I know $100,000 isn't much just don't want to get stuck with a demo...if it gets up to $100,000 I'll donate :D

ezraanderson
11-08-2013, 04:09 AM
~
I think they might have better luck if they make the demo then kickstart for further development.

Best of luck.

Killswitch
11-08-2013, 04:26 AM

A $3M budget game on Ouya? That I'd like to see.

$10,000 to kickstart a demo...that's a new one for me.

OnlineIM
11-08-2013, 05:31 AM
A $3M budget game on Ouya? That I'd like to see.

$10,000 to kickstart a demo...that's a new one for me.

No I meant 3 million for other games I've seen from other consoles.

BlackMonks
11-08-2013, 05:58 AM
Hi everyone, We are the developers of Zodiac Wars and appreciate all your comments. While we know many of you would not pledge for a demo version, we totally understand you, but it is your support what we require to make this game happen. We all have families and have day-jobs to attend to, we need funding to make this game and we need more help, therefore need to hire some more team members and that costs a lot of money. This game is very complex. We have the protype built, but it is not playable yet and needs lots of work done in order for us to release the playable demo. This current Kickstater campaign will try to initially raise $10K for us to be able to deliver a well-polished demo version that will most closely resemble what the final game will look and feel like. The current prototype is nice, I know it could look A LOT better with further work, still, it shows we have done some progress and keep working on the project as much as our spare time has allowed us to. We would LOVE to make Zodiac Wars a "AAA" title in the fighting game genre but we really need your support. Thanks for your attention and if you have any questions/suggestions we are more than happy to read them and discuss.

BlackMonks
11-08-2013, 07:23 PM
By "We are the developers" are you also talking about OnlineIM who started this thread, pretended to be a stranger to you who is just interested in the game, claimed to back your project, has an email address that contains the unique first name of your Creative Director/Asst. Programmer, and has the same IP address as you? Please explain this to the community because...

Yes, OnlineIM is a family member of ours who promotes the site in forums and starts creating interest in the game. Sorry if his action upset the community, our apologies.

The whole thing looks shady. 10k for a demo, no game prototype, a lot of the artwork and design looks amateur-ish. I took it for granted that we all knew the guy "excited" about this game had to work for them, "10k for a demo is nothing, games cost millions, you need to pledge!!" - coughcough

Good luck with your game, I'm really tempted to close this thread just because you lied to our community. I'll leave it up for others to decide however.

I'm really sorry, my brother just wanted to help promote the game and he did it his own way, which I appreciate as a family member but obviously its not the right way. If you want us out of here, I understand.

Yes, we are amateurs as this will be our first game as a team. As for the artwork, well, artists have different styles, so its up to each person's judgement to decide if they like it or not. Im sorry you guys do not like it, we'll keep trying.

I think the community deserves the opportunity to hear an explanation because it is their money that BlackMonks/OnlineIM is trying to get them to pledge and I think BlackMonks/OnlineIM deserves the opportunity to explain himself to counter the evidence that currently shows that both accounts including the IP address should be banned for blatant spam.

Yes, if you guys want to ban us I totally understand.

Merged. Please Use The Edit Button Next Time.

Kaimega
11-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Sounds justified to me, if you guys are still working on it, keep at it :)

BlackMonks
11-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Sounds justified to me, if you guys are still working on it, keep at it :)

Our previous Kickstarter failed, we didnt have all the characters finished and no prototype, now we do and we are still working on the project, if we fail then we'll just keep working, we need extra help as we all work in our spare time as we have day-jobs and families to take care of. Funding would really speed things up but that is up to the backers to support or not. We are open to suggestions/critics. I read some don't like the artwork, we've received messages from people telling us they love it and others saying it totally sucks, which is ok too. It's all part of the journey.

RiotingSpectre
11-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Hello,

I'm RiotingSpectre of OUYAForum Staff and I wanted to apologize on the behalf of the others. You're not getting banned, or disenfranchised in any way for having a kind brother who only wanted to help. I told the other Staff members that they should never hound another member for any reason, especially when not everything is known. Continue on as before and I wish you the best of luck with your project.

Sincerely,
RiotingSpectre

Kaimega
11-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Our previous Kickstarter failed, we didnt have all the characters finished and no prototype, now we do and we are still working on the project, if we fail then we'll just keep working, we need extra help as we all work in our spare time as we have day-jobs and families to take care of. Funding would really speed things up but that is up to the backers to support or not. We are open to suggestions/critics. I read some don't like the artwork, we've received messages from people telling us they love it and others saying it totally sucks, which is ok too. It's all part of the journey.

When it comes to art style, preference is subjective.. Some like Ultra-realistic, some like cartoony, some like a mix of both, and some like things that are so out of this world, yet it seems to blend well together. Do what works for you guys :) As long as the consistency is there, everyone will be happy.