PDA

View Full Version : WINE on OUYA?

beepbeep890
07-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Hi, I'm pretty new to this and don't really know much about the system, but was wondering if it would be possible to use WINE on the OUYA, as this would be one of the main reasons for me buying it (I'd use it for emulators as well, but lots of gameslike Super Smash Bros. Crusade and other games that aren't made for Linux among other things).

That would mean it would also need a keyboard and mouse, can it use those too?
It would be a lot more efficient than sitting in front of a PC or hooking it up to the TV and playing that way.

Thank you for the help. :D

cannonshane
07-12-2013, 08:03 AM
You can use keyboard and mouse i know that much.

olemars
07-12-2013, 08:42 AM
There is no working version of Wine for Android yet, and it'll be a while before it is ready. Not to mention it wouldn't be much use on OUYA anyway since it's an ARM device.

user82
07-12-2013, 10:46 AM
There is no working version of Wine for Android yet, and it'll be a while before it is ready. Not to mention it wouldn't be much use on OUYA anyway since it's an ARM device.

It is currently under development.
Be patient!
http://wiki.winehq.org/ARM

Magnesus
07-12-2013, 12:54 PM
It won't be of much use because ARM is so much slower and the emulation of x86 with qemu will slow things down even more. Maybe for very, very simple apps/games (text based for example or very, very old) it could work...

beepbeep890
07-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Well I wouldn't need it for awhile anyways luckily.
I do like my games to be smooth though, a high framerate is more important that graphics imho. That could be a problem.

I wouldn't be playing any 2D games on WINE with it, but that seems more like I'd have to wait and see if anyone else can get it to work first I guess. My knowledge in this area is pretty limited, as I know nothing of Linux. Thank you for the help though.