PDA

View Full Version : Simple How-To Overclock [Request]

cyanogen101
07-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Whats The Simplest Way to Overclock a OUYA (and root it if need be)
I wanna put it in a Thread like this so its all in One Place

user82
07-11-2013, 01:34 PM
It can not be done yet.
Without replacing the kernel it does not work.
That means you at least need root, recovery and a OC kernel.
I am sure tutorials appear once it works, there is no kernel yet for this purpose!

cyanogen101
07-12-2013, 02:32 AM
yeh i heard when people rooted their ouya it stopped working, and no recovery means u brick it, its bricked

Manaurys
07-12-2013, 05:38 AM
O though the ouya was an open console but still no files release from the ouya team for people that want to mod the console

Juggle
07-12-2013, 06:15 AM
Rooting doesn't brick it. But if you make just about any mistake while tweaking things it's fairly easy to brick and then without a way to boot into recovery there's no way to unbrick without sending it back to Ouya.

Given that building a custom Kernel (to enable overclocking) is extremely risky since if you mess anything up you end up with a brick and no way to flash a good working kernel.

The kernel source is out so there's nothing stopping anyone from modifying it and enabling overclocking...but progress is going to be slow due to the risks without a way to boot into recovery.

DrunkPunk
07-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Rooting doesn't brick it. But if you make just about any mistake while tweaking things it's fairly easy to brick and then without a way to boot into recovery there's no way to unbrick without sending it back to Ouya.

Given that building a custom Kernel (to enable overclocking) is extremely risky since if you mess anything up you end up with a brick and no way to flash a good working kernel.

The kernel source is out so there's nothing stopping anyone from modifying it and enabling overclocking...but progress is going to be slow due to the risks without a way to boot into recovery.

Right on the money.

I'm betting that in a few months we'll see more people taking an interest in the Ouya and a custom ROM will happen. I'll just wait until the kinks are worked out and I won't brick my Ouya.

Wolverine-_-_-
07-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Right on the money.

I'm betting that in a few months we'll see more people taking an interest in the Ouya and a custom ROM will happen. I'll just wait until the kinks are worked out and I won't brick my Ouya.

Unless a way to boot in to recovery via hardware is created, overclocking will never be safe on OUYA. overclocking is unstable by nature, so there is no fool proof way to do it on the existing hardware.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Manaurys
07-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Unless a way to boot in to recovery via hardware is created, overclocking will never be safe on OUYA. overclocking is unstable by nature, so there is no fool proof way to do it on the existing hardware.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I know but at least we could o the gpu for better game performance