PDA

View Full Version : Averix

Soulofjazzman
07-09-2013, 07:03 AM
Hey All,

I just wanted to pop in and thank Eddie K, Ouya forum Admin, for adding my game, Averix, to the site. Much appreciated man! Also, to make a quick announcement that yeah, this is real. My team and I are working very hard to get things going. I'm kicking out new 3D models/assets each day so we can get closer to finishing our goals. So, as a thanks to Eddie K, I posted a few screen shots of models I created after work today. I'm currently working on the "Legendary Sword" tomb, which is one of the dungeons in the game. I'll be back soon to post further updates in the future. Enjoy!

“Imagine. A fantasy themed game with quirky characters like Chrono Trigger™. A top down game view similar to Zelda: A Link to the Past with level progression recognized within a Secret of Mana™ universe. Fast and frantic battle gameplay style like Ninja Gaiden (current gen) with a hint of parkour movement to maneuver through obstacles and the wave of enemies surrounding you. Dungeon layouts like Zelda: the Minish Cap™, and music background classics like Chrono Trigger™, Secret of Mana™, Zelda™ and the Final Fantasy™ (series) to keep your blood pumping as you explore, battle, and embark on your unexpected journey. This is… Averix.”

So, a little detail on the photos. The pillars are for statue knights that will be posing on top of them. Who knows, some may even come alive and try to take you down. 0.o Oh, and that big room with the rubble on the floor? There will be two pools of water in that room to provide some awesome effects as you take down your enemies. Who knows, it may even assist you against some Fire Elemental baddies. Oh, and those windows... It looks like a nice size for waves of monsters to come crawling out of that to attack you, eh? OK, that's enough hints for one day. But of course, I just gave you a few hints on ONE room. Hehehehehehehe.....

http://www.eddiegivens.com/averix_images/photo1a.gif

http://www.eddiegivens.com/averix_images/photo2a.gif

http://www.eddiegivens.com/averix_images/photo3a.gif

http://www.eddiegivens.com/averix_images/photo4a.gif

http://www.eddiegivens.com/averix_images/photo5a.gif

Twitter: Soulofjazzman
Youtube: youtube.com/soulofjazzman

DrunkPunk
07-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Quite the project you've got here. I'll be watching its progress for sure!

Soulofjazzman
07-09-2013, 07:31 AM
Thanks man. Much appreciated! Yeah, the photos/models you see there were created this evening. O.o I'm not sure, but I was on a roll after work today.

DrunkPunk
07-09-2013, 07:46 AM
O.o I'm not sure, but I was on a roll after work today.

Good! Keep it going, haha! :D

Eddie K
07-09-2013, 03:23 PM
This game has so much potential. Can't wait to see some videos!
Ed

Soulofjazzman
07-11-2013, 03:21 AM
Hey hey hey!

So, some more announcements to make. First, when I got home today from work, my mind was set on creating one of the 3 hero's main weapon, the sword. This sword will play a crucial roll in the story within the game. Again, I'm trying to keep the poly count low to avoid in-game FPS slow down. Here's the result:

COMPUTER ANIMATION SCHOOL!

So, I started 3D modeling in Maya back in March and I have been at since. So, I decided to take my project seriously. I wanted to take my game animations to the next level. A few weeks ago, I applied to Animation Mentor, a computer animation school. And guess what, ya boy got accepted! I start this Fall. I'll be trained by the fine folks from Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks, and Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) to name a few. I was so amped, so I designed some apparel to show my student pride. Here's the results:

DrunkPunk
07-11-2013, 07:33 AM
A few weeks ago, I applied to Animation Mentor, a computer animation school. And guess what, ya boy got accepted! I start this Fall.

Congrats!

Murka
07-11-2013, 08:06 AM
ya boy got accepted!

Congratulations!

Soulofjazzman
07-21-2013, 11:51 PM
CONTROLLER UI AND IN-GAME GRAPHICS

Hey hey hey! So, I thought I'd stop in and give a little update. This afternoon, I spent a little time designing the controller and in-game UI for Averix. Its still under development, but here are the results:

My influences came from Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy XIII... Again, these designs are subject to change since I just got started on them, but I thought I'd share. Enjoy! :)

DrunkPunk
07-24-2013, 06:56 AM
My influences came from Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger

Now that's something I like to see! :D

Soulofjazzman
08-14-2013, 07:19 PM
I just wanted to make a quick post and reach out to those who are familiar with developing in Unity 3D for OUYA. I am currently looking for a Unity Developer to help assist me with my game, Averix. Production has really started to ramp up and I wanted to reach out to you all first, before contacting my sources. If you have any experience in game development and familiar with Unity 3D, please send me a PM so we can talk.

Things are getting real exciting on the development for the game and I'm looking forward to sharing new info to the public in the future. I have already locked in a few interviews with a few gaming sites to get the word out, but I have decided to wait until I have enough content to blow people away on its debut before this goes mainstream. The music and concept artwork looks absolutely amazing! And of course, I'm hard at work creating 3D assets and environments for the game. I've just about wrapped up the story board to introduce the game title and the first of three playable characters in the game. If you are familiar with how Monty Oum introduced his 4 main characters using specific trailers for the RWBY anime series, then you have an idea of where I'm going. ;) If interested, thanks for reaching out!

Soulofjazzman
08-25-2013, 04:27 AM
I just recently activated a dedicated Averix Facebook page to show the early progress, so check it out when you get the chance. Stay tuned because I have LOTS of goodies to share and it will be updated frequently... :) Make sure you LIKE the page. :)

Averix Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Averix/592196864151914

DanTilly
08-25-2013, 04:35 AM
Keep up the great work, I know I am following your progress to see what it turns into.

Hope someone helps you with Unity development, really want to see this work come into fruition.

Soulofjazzman
08-25-2013, 05:11 AM
Thanks DanTilly! I appreciate the kind words. Yeah, it would be nice if someone could help with development, but that's not stopping me! :) I have everything I need, so I can do it myself if I need to. -.^ And for your kind words... Here's some new screenshots of the "Tomb of the Legendary Sword" that I worked on early today. Still a work in progress for this room. Many many many details will be added. Enjoy!

Jakenut86
08-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Thanks DanTilly! I appreciate the kind words. Yeah, it would be nice if someone could help with development, but that's not stopping me! :) I have everything I need, so I can do it myself if I need to. -.^ And for your kind words... Here's some new screenshots of the "Tomb of the Legendary Sword" that I worked on early today. Still a work in progress for this room. Many many many details will be added. Enjoy!

This is lookin awesome :)

Soulofjazzman
08-27-2013, 02:32 AM
Woohoo! We have reached over 30 Likes on the Averix Facebook Page. Thanks again all! The URL has now changed to:

https://www.facebook.com/averixgame

Progress! :)

JerTM
08-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Looking forward to it, not a huge RPG fan but I thoroughly enjoyed Secret of Mana. Looks like you are on your way to a fantastic game!

slade666
08-28-2013, 10:12 PM
nice one whens it going to be finished

RssV
08-29-2013, 12:10 AM
Looking good! But I guess you'll need 1+ year to finish that, right?

I mean, dungeon designs are just part of the whole game development. If you can deliver half of the description, we'll have a great game.

Soulofjazzman
09-04-2013, 07:05 AM
@RssV @slade666 @JerTM

Keep an eye out. I have plenty of surprises in store. Just a hint... The photos and descriptions that I have posted publicly is not all that i have. ;) I'm working very hard for the official reveal and the wait will be worth it. Stay tuned here and Facebook (Please LIKE!) for the latest updates.. https://www.facebook.com/averixgame

Soulofjazzman
11-22-2013, 11:20 PM