PDA

View Full Version : XBMCHUB WIZARD NOW With REAL Ouya Support!

UmOuch Xbmchub
07-09-2013, 04:00 AM
If you know XBMCHUB.COM, then you likely know our Fusion Installer. As of 3 hours ago, we have added *official OUYA hardware support. Simply download the hubwizard app from our Fusion Installer and select The OUYA option. In a matter of moments you will have ALL our great addons, repos, and tweaks installed... making the most of your XBMC installation.

--

We’re very proud to announce our fantastic, recently updated, XBMC HUB Wizard tools are now available on our Fusion Installer... and are no longer in Beta. Now, we’re not going to spoil the surprise by telling you exactly what the latest version of our XBMC HUB Wizard has to offer, but what we will tell you is that it’s slimmed down and will probably be considered the best one yet! This is a must-have, no joke.

We have been working hard to extend our reach by adding more hardware/software support.

We are proud to announce that our new XBMC HUB WIZARD now supports installation options for:

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac80/Abrasher1/Screenshot_2013-07-08-22-07-11_zps38720ac0.png (http://s887.photobucket.com/user/Abrasher1/media/Screenshot_2013-07-08-22-07-11_zps38720ac0.png.html)
--

Please remember: XBMCHUB.COM is not the same thing, or group, as XBMC.ORG.

XBMC.ORG are responsible for the awesome XBMC platform and the work of getting it on our OUYAS. You should share your praise and appreciation with them at forum.XBMC.org! They deserve it.

XBMCHUB.COM is responsible for the best addons, in our opinion, XBMC could ask for.

UmOuch Xbmchub
07-09-2013, 04:04 AM
If you need more details on bow to install the wizard, here is a complete guide: http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/06/25/its-time-to-update-your-devices-lots-of-new-features-available/

DrunkPunk
07-09-2013, 04:57 AM
This is good to hear! I've been using the Frodo build and the Android option through your Fusion installer. Have there now been optimizations made just for the Ouya? Will I be able to watch HD now?! That would rock!
Thanks for all the work you guys have been putting into this.

XxAnthxX
07-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Use the libstagefright alpha 1 build....that uses hardware decoding.

Then the XBMCHUB wizard to install and set everything up.

The HD is no problem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moonlight
07-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Sorry to ask a noobie question, but I'm not
too knowledgeable about XBMC, what's the difference of
this version vs. Frodo 12.2? Somebody please explain?

LinuxGamingNL
07-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Great news! Thanks for this release!

@Moonlight.

You are installing the Frodo version.
But after the installation you add a source.
This source is XBMChub.com, this is a collection of plugins and settings.

Now they have optimised it for the OUYA which is great news!

RiotingSpectre
07-11-2013, 01:36 AM
This is excellent news to me as I love XBMCHUB Wizard. Makes a great thing even greater in my opinion.

magister
07-11-2013, 02:08 AM
I have regular android xbmc and regular hubwizard. Things seem to be fine. Will this just optimize things? Am I missing something performance wise?

Jeremy Reilloc
07-11-2013, 06:24 AM
Two things. First, this link is the best way to learn how to install this is found here: http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/06/02/how-to-install-xbmc-to-the-ouya-gaming-console/
Just follow the steps all the way to Part 2 step 10, then follow what the original post here said.

Second, I'm getting a script error when I click on OUYA. It downloads to 99% (or so) and then spits out an error: "Script failed: plugin.video.hubwizard"

I'm going to try to uninstall and reinstall XBMC see if that helps, I probably should have done that to start with anyway.

Edit: Looks like I'm not the only one having this problem, it seems the HUB Wizard might be down or something, it's not just the OUYA that's not working, but Android and others, too. I'll just wait till tomorrow.

bdehaan
07-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Two things. First, this link is the best way to learn how to install this is found here: http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/06/02/how-to-install-xbmc-to-the-ouya-gaming-console/
Just follow the steps all the way to Part 2 step 10, then follow what the original post here said.

Second, I'm getting a script error when I click on OUYA. It downloads to 99% (or so) and then spits out an error: "Script failed: plugin.video.hubwizard"

I'm going to try to uninstall and reinstall XBMC see if that helps, I probably should have done that to start with anyway.

Edit: Looks like I'm not the only one having this problem, it seems the HUB Wizard might be down or something, it's not just the OUYA that's not working, but Android and others, too. I'll just wait till tomorrow.

I too have tried this guide...followed step by step and also got the script error?!? Even tried it with a few different versions of XBMC and none I've tried will implement the ouya script.

Jeremy Reilloc
07-11-2013, 09:07 PM
I too have tried this guide...followed step by step and also got the script error?!? Even tried it with a few different versions of XBMC and none I've tried will implement the ouya script.

still having the problem this morning, heard others have been able to get it to work. Hopefully someone will be able to help soon, I was really excited about this! I really hate plex and would prefer XBMC, but don't want to take time to set it up without the XBMCHUB

EDIT: For everyone having this problem, it seems it was a problem with the download itself.

Go and delete the HUB Wizard, then go back into fusion and redownload it. Try again and it worked fine!

SicNis
08-12-2013, 11:55 PM
I had Hubwizard working really well for a few weeks but yesterday it all stopped working, try to open the plugins ie 1Channel, mashup, icefilms and I get script errors. So I deleted XBMC data to start-a-fresh. Setup the fusion method but there is no installer in the fusion -> wizard.
Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Cave Four
08-13-2013, 01:45 AM
same no hub wizard... even the direct link to the hubwizard on their website leads to a 404

SicNis
08-13-2013, 03:48 AM
Looks like they are working on it. (https://twitter.com/XBMCHUBCOM)

JerTM
08-13-2013, 09:45 PM
I am having a difficult time with xbmchub, It is constantly buffering. I know it isn't my connection, I have hardwired to my router (which made it worse???) and use wireless. My OUYA is about 6ft (through a wall) away from my router. Is there some setting or additional work I have failed to do? Also the quality isn't that great, nothing above SD is watchable.

Scorpz
08-13-2013, 10:11 PM
I am having a difficult time with xbmchub, It is constantly buffering. I know it isn't my connection, I have hardwired to my router (which made it worse???) and use wireless. My OUYA is about 6ft (through a wall) away from my router. Is there some setting or additional work I have failed to do? Also the quality isn't that great, nothing above SD is watchable.

Thats not XBMChubs fault, its the latest firmware update.

JerTM
08-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Thanks for a quick reply. Hope it get sorted out. I am loving the games, but xbmc is icing.

André Vivian
09-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Love xmbchub and now you've made it even better with this, thank you, thank you, thank you :)

Cave Four
09-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Does this even work yet? Last time I checked it didn't, which is to bad.