PDA

View Full Version : My modz

Hydrus
07-06-2013, 05:13 AM
Alright, I think this badboy is done. Been workin' on it since the 25th and so far, it looks pretty impressive. I'm happy with it.

I know that the case looks 'fuzzy' but it's because of the rubber. Yes, it's actually rubber and not paint. I plasti-dipped the case black, made a huge-ass circle like you can see above, put a ring on it (♪♫♪), painted the ring, top screws, fan screws and weights red. I also put this fence thing behind the ring (dunno what it's called.)

I was thinking of putting a white led strip inside but I think it looks just fine without it.

One moar picture:

Here you can see the insides more clearly.

It's a pretty simple mod. Nothing fancy or complicated. Watchu guys think?

Edit: Why are the pictures so tiny?

Jeremy Reilloc
07-06-2013, 05:21 AM
that looks awesome! I just clicked on the pic and it got bigger (that's what she said?). Good job! Might be the best (finished) case I've seen so far!

Hydrus
07-06-2013, 05:33 AM
Thanks! I appreciate it.

pero
07-06-2013, 07:22 AM
That looks slick, turned out very well. I would of liked to see some pictures of how you did it, its interesting. Are you going to dip the controller plates too?

Hydrus
07-06-2013, 07:29 AM
I don't know. I used what I had left of my Plasti-dip can. I'd have to buy some more.

I'm also not sure how the faceplates will turn out because at first they look pretty, but after you start using them it might start to peel off with all the heat and sweat and rubbing and... You get the point lol.

I might add the procedures tomorrow (it's late and I'm tired). I'll see if I can find some pictures of when I started the project. I *think* I have a couple of 'em.

Thanks, btw.

pero
07-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Its always nice to learn new things and this turned out very well so I want to see how the "dipping" is done lol.

derty
07-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Ya bro looks great :D love the speaker look haha nice touch