PDA

View Full Version : Play Store mod for Ouya? requires root

LightyKD
07-05-2013, 04:16 PM
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=43253639

Looks like somebody has been working on a Play Store mod for Ouya.

gottahavit
07-05-2013, 11:19 PM
I can confirm this works. I had to do do the manual option, but works good. Now playing my purchased zen pinall tables

Failrunner
07-06-2013, 07:06 PM
I gave up on rooting days ago but thanks for posting. Maybe a more coherent guide for pushing su onto the ouya will come out soon. Hopefully even a video! The play store would be great to have.

RichKS
07-06-2013, 07:25 PM
I also had to use the manual method, but yeah, worked fine.

I used this guide for SU/Busybox:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=41247928

Remember that you need to open the apps and complete the install on the OUYA.

gottahavit
07-06-2013, 09:36 PM
I gave up on rooting days ago but thanks for posting. Maybe a more coherent guide for pushing su onto the ouya will come out soon. Hopefully even a video! The play store would be great to have.

Really? I had trouble getting adb to work with 64bit win8 but after that root is a cake walk. What are you stuck on?

gottahavit
07-06-2013, 09:39 PM
I also had to use the manual method, but yeah, worked fine.

I used this guide for SU/Busybox:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=41247928

Remember that you need to open the apps and complete the install on the OUYA.

Me too... BUT... there is another step on win8. You need to disable driver signature and manually update the ouya driver.

UmOuch Xbmchub
07-09-2013, 05:13 AM
I got it working I using my Mac. But not insanely exciting. I can't get any real... Smooth gameplay with deadzone or NOVA... But they all install and work ;)

Manaurys
07-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Those this mod work on the latest firmware update?

Wraith_Vague
07-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Works with no issues for me. Soon as I got it working, I snatched The Conduit HD off the Play Store and have been playing it ever since. There are compatibility issues with some of the games gotten from the Play Store, but a lot work great. Riptide GP is another Tegra 3 title that is absolutely fantastic to play on OUYA with the controller. Wild Blood from Gameloft works too, but has no controller support unless you install Droidmote server and client and use your phone as the controller. Once Play Store is working you can grab NVidia Tegra Zone off the Play Store or check the site in a browser and filter the game list by controller support, then go grab em from Google.

serimos
07-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Works with no issues for me. Soon as I got it working, I snatched The Conduit HD off the Play Store and have been playing it ever since. There are compatibility issues with some of the games gotten from the Play Store, but a lot work great. Riptide GP is another Tegra 3 title that is absolutely fantastic to play on OUYA with the controller. Wild Blood from Gameloft works too, but has no controller support unless you install Droidmote server and client and use your phone as the controller. Once Play Store is working you can grab NVidia Tegra Zone off the Play Store or check the site in a browser and filter the game list by controller support, then go grab em from Google.

Can you confirm that after installing root, busybox and Play Store DroidMote Server works on OUYA ?

If DroidMote Server works mean that we can play all android games in the Google Play with an hardware controller like in this video.

http://youtu.be/BM6W3Dq_yqQ?t=2m4s

CamelJR
07-22-2013, 08:07 AM
For the manual installation, where do you unzip the ps4ouya files? I can run the code for adb to push, but it can't seem to find the files and/or directory. I feel like there's a few steps missing from those directions... also the batch file doesn't work probably because we don't have the sdk installed to the right place

Edit: Ahh, I put the files in the same folder as adb and it worked like a charm!