PDA

View Full Version : Cyanogenmod 10 - Working Play store!

Jack Parker
07-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Was just looking at the XDA site for the OUYA development and came across this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2348548

Its an unofficial CM10 rom with a working Play store, as its cyanogenmod it is stock android 4.1.2

Its a risky ROM so dont flash it unless your certain

Im actually pretty proud of the guy who got the playstore working, although i have come to terms with why its better without it, it is now easier to download apps etc instead of sideloading

What do you guys think?

Jack

Jack Parker
07-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Is no one interested in this at all ? XD

user82
07-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Not really.
It is clearly a very early development version.
What I personally need to risk a flash

A save bootloader with recovery
A kernel for overclocking
Ouya Framework and Google Play in one single rom

Cyanogenmod brings nothing but the play store

James Andrew Coote
07-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but can you dual boot this in the same way you can with different OS on a PC? It'd be nice to be able to switch from OUYA to CM and back.

At some point, I might get a second OUYA for hacking and messing around with, and I'm a big fan of CM (have it on my phone), so by that point, hopefully the builds will be more stable / less risky to use

kingmid
07-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Is no one interested in this at all ? XD

I am really interested buy it's a little to dangerous right now.

Excuse my ignorance, but can you dual boot this in the same way you can with different OS on a PC? It'd be nice to be able to switch from OUYA to CM and back.

At some point, I might get a second OUYA for hacking and messing around with, and I'm a big fan of CM (have it on my phone), so by that point, hopefully the builds will be more stable / less risky to use
In the future they will have dual boot but not yet.

Yeah it's just like a computer, you have a default but go to a selection screen on boot up. If you don't pick a OS in 10 seconds it goes with the default one.

Jack Parker
07-04-2013, 10:21 PM
I completely agree its dangerous, but it does work. hopefully in about a month or so the ROM will be easier to flash etc, i know a lot of people have been complaining that ouya doesnt have a proper way to get into recovery

Wolverine-_-_-
07-05-2013, 06:55 AM
I think it would be great if we stopped sending people over to xda for info on root processes. The threads are getting full of noobs who just jump right in to do things with their without any understanding of what they are doing or even why. People who install CWM just to check it out and then need help getting it uninstalled because they do no research. Those of us who are semi-familiar with root and roms already know to monitor XDA for cool shit like this.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Manaurys
07-05-2013, 07:57 AM
This is a good start but i whish for the play store together with the ouya os

user82
07-05-2013, 08:50 AM
I think it would be great if we stopped sending people over to xda for info on root processes. The threads are getting full of noobs who just jump right in to do things with their without any understanding of what they are doing or even why.

Well I am still stuck at "no posts in dev forums with less than 10 posts".
Which really annoys me since I had some serious questions and suggestions...

Magnesus
07-05-2013, 10:35 AM
This is a good start but i whish for the play store together with the ouya os

I think I saw a tutorial how to get it. On xda forums. But it won't survive system update.