PDA

View Full Version : Hacked OUYA games?

vonfnas
06-29-2013, 06:11 PM
After some time I actually found ONE (!) Ouya game online that seemed to be hacked (yes, optimized for OUYA, not just some hacked regular Android .apk).
By hacked I mean that someone hacked it so it's the full game and not just a trial.

Don't know if it's OK to talk about this here so I'm not going to link to where I found this game, or which game it is.

All I am asking is if there is ways to hack trail .apk's to work as full versions of the game?
Or is the .apk I found just bullshit?

(I do not have my OUYA yet, so I am not able to test the .apk I found to see if it's legit)

madmax2069
06-29-2013, 06:15 PM
If I was you I would find out who developed the game and tell them about it, they can more then likely get something done about it.

Manaurys
06-29-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't think is ok please support the developers if you like the game

vonfnas
06-29-2013, 06:45 PM
If I was you I would find out who developed the game and tell them about it, they can more then likely get something done about it.
I tried to find way to contact the developer, but I can't find any contact information :(
Is there someone here I can turn to who maybe has some contacts in the game business or with official OUYA people?

CaptainCapslock
06-29-2013, 07:22 PM
If this is a game that has been released for the Ouya, I am quite sure I would be able to find a way to contact the developer.
Feel free to send me a private message here on the forum with the name of the game, and I will do what I can to get in touch with the developers.

That, or you can send a PM Eddie.

user82
06-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Well it is a device with root access right now.
I am sure you can mess with stuff a lot.

Every system has had problems with cracked games and Ouya is a lot more open than other systems.
That just leads to the old question:
Do cracked games really hurt the market, would someone who downloads such a version buy it otherwise.
And especially for Ouya:
Do people who buy a indie friendly console not honor the work of the developer.
Who would not buy a good game that is below $10

Wolverine-_-_-
06-29-2013, 09:30 PM
People are going to buy OUYA because it is cheap. So some will take advantage of pirated apps. That said, I'm not sure why take a risk on OUYA. If you install malware on it and soft brick it, you'll have to explain that to OUYA and hope they fix it for you.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

user82
06-29-2013, 09:59 PM
If you install malware on it and soft brick it

Would be pretty cool.
Devs make some fake pirated apps that brick the thing, karma directly served :p

madmax2069
06-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Would be pretty cool.
Devs make some fake pirated apps that brick the thing, karma directly served :p

I wouldn't go saying that, as many games can only be had by sideloading (such as open arena).

user82
06-29-2013, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't go saying that, as many games can only be had by sideloading (such as open arena).
I knew I should've added the [IRONY] tag!

vonfnas
06-29-2013, 10:38 PM
If this is a game that has been released for the Ouya, I am quite sure I would be able to find a way to contact the developer.
Feel free to send me a private message here on the forum with the name of the game, and I will do what I can to get in touch with the developers.

That, or you can send a PM Eddie.

You've got a PM, my fellow danish brother :)

CaptainCapslock
06-29-2013, 11:03 PM
You've got a PM, my fellow danish brother :)
Thank you very much. I'll get to it right away tomorrow and let you know whenever I have looked into it!
Sleep tight, Sweden ;)

JerTM
06-30-2013, 02:01 PM
The very fact its open is the reason I will just purchase the full games. Doesnt make sense to steal games from someone that isnt trying to make a million dollars off them (i.e. $60 for a game)

Wolverine-_-_-
06-30-2013, 07:04 PM

Available legally from trustworthy sites.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mgamerz
06-30-2013, 07:23 PM
If you can get access to the apk it can be made into a free version. This applies to all software everywhere.

If you can't afford a 5 dollar game maybe you shouldn't be playing games on the ouya.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

LinuxGamingNL
07-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Sad thing to see these kind of warez...
The OUYA gives you the option to play the games BEFORE buying... So the argument there is no DEMO is not legit in this case.
Hope this will won't be the deal for the OUYA... killed by piracy!