PDA

View Full Version : Mod Junkiez creating Custom Controllers for OUYA!

Eddie K
06-28-2013, 10:03 PM
From: http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-news/hardware-a-devices/6318-mod-junkiez-will-soon-be-offering-up-hydro-dipped-custom-ouya-controllers-and-possibly-more

While some of you are already enjoying your shiny new Android-powered Ouya game consoles, and others happen to still be waiting for theirs to arrive, Mod Junkiez have gotten their hands on their own Ouya unit but it isn't just for playing on. The company will also be developing new custom styles for the Ouya controllers, just as they do with other consoles like the Xbox 360 and PS3.
Mod Junkiez is known for not just customizing console controllers though but the actual cases themselves. Sometime these designs are subtle and slick looking while others are very extreme. So far they have specialized in Xbox 360, PS3 and Nintendo products (Wii, Wii U, DS) when it comes to customizing both cases and controllers. According to a tweet from the Mod Junkiez Twitter account (https://twitter.com/Modjunkiez/status/349644676409729024), the company will soon be creating options for you to consider should you want customized Ouya controllers and possibly cases as well.

waspish
06-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Instead of doing a custom controller why don't they do a custom remote

derty
06-28-2013, 10:25 PM
Awww man here we go lol
Can't wait to see what they offer ;)

eleveneleven
06-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Instead of doing a custom controller why don't they do a custom remote

Because there's really only Twitch.tv in the store. It makes more sense to create an interest for the masses than the less popular group (sideloaded apps). Few are going to want a remote until a good version of XMBC is on the official store...that and Netflix, Hulu, YouTube.

tennisbgc
06-29-2013, 12:46 AM
Because there's really only Twitch.tv in the store. It makes more sense to create an interest for the masses than the less popular group (sideloaded apps). Few are going to want a remote until a good version of XMBC is on the official store...that and Netflix, Hulu, YouTube.plex too plus xbmc will be coming soon and I see flixster was just added today. A good working remote is the only thing holding this back from being a nice htpc for me.

Wolverine-_-_-
06-29-2013, 02:50 AM
Is this a modified stock OUYA controller or are they building their own? I really dislike the way the the triggers were implemented, it makes the controller very uncomfortable for me. I'm waiting for controllers with better ergonomics and sturdier triggers.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta