PDA

View Full Version : Tegra 3 On-die SataII Controller

T3KN0GH057
06-23-2013, 09:38 AM
I may be wrong about this but doesn't the Tegra3 have an on-die SataII Controller? Is there any hardware hacker that can figure out how to access that?

Athlor
06-27-2013, 07:30 PM
You are correct sir. But I wouldn't be surprised if it would require a new kernel like for overclocking.

d_brennen
06-27-2013, 07:35 PM
I doubt the pins for it (and support hardware) have been implemented in the Ouya PCB, which is a shame but understandable. Something for Ouya 2

T3KN0GH057
06-27-2013, 07:45 PM
I doubt the pins for it (and support hardware) have been implemented in the Ouya PCB, which is a shame but understandable. Something for Ouya 2It most certainley would have solved some storage issues if they had implemented that. Its a shame really...

However I'm still hoping a hardware hacker can figure something out. Because It'd be great to be able to drop in a 500GB-1TB SATA Drive (of course in a modified case)

d_brennen
06-27-2013, 07:50 PM
If you have a PC on all the time, a NAS or a modern router with USB port, how about a network share? My router supports USB drives and presents them as a NAS to any connected device. If Ouya does not support network shares out of the box, Android itself is easy enough to hack. 100Mb/s ethernet is likely faster than some SD cards Android phones use :p

T3KN0GH057
06-27-2013, 08:51 PM
If you have a PC on all the time, a NAS or a modern router with USB port, how about a network share? My router supports USB drives and presents them as a NAS to any connected device. If Ouya does not support network shares out of the box, Android itself is easy enough to hack. 100Mb/s ethernet is likely faster than some SD cards Android phones use :p
Network share isn't going to help with app/game storage, just gout mine the 25th and already under 1GB of space left. It'd be nice if it did considering I have 6TB of space available on my NAS