PDA

View Full Version : If You Could 3D Print. What Would You Make?

RiotingSpectre
06-01-2013, 01:35 PM
If I had the resources and the skill to do it. I'd personally make replicas of the Street Sharks. Maybe a make snap-on handles to handle-less cups. I don't have a strong imagination unless I'm thinking of Robert Downey Jr.

What would you make? It has to be within the current machine's size limit though.

Reaperman
06-01-2013, 08:24 PM
I'd probably print up some heroscape hexes with some height to them. (2x, 3x, and 4x standard height)
The standard height ones are hard to build elevation changes out of.

If I had the talent, I'd probably shoot for anime figure kits, but I don't have the skill, and haven't seen any.

A new case for ouya wouldn't be a terrible idea either. One with room for a powered usb hub, a storage device, my audio converter, etc.

I've tried to sell myself on a 3d printer at pretty much every gift-giving holiday in the past few years, and I just can't think of enough to print to make it worth my time. I've tried pretty hard, too. Outside of a few boardgames I haven't seen anything worth printing on thingverse.

Magnesus
06-01-2013, 09:14 PM
A second 3D printer, duh!

And for real: probably RPG dices with strange numbers of faces.

jonbonazza
06-01-2013, 09:44 PM
I want a really big 3d printer so I can print an entire car body. That would be intersting. :P Obviously the mechanical pieces and chassis wouldn't work (due to heat and structural integrity, respectively), but a car body printed entirely from a 3d printer (obviously in pieces) would be a neat project. lol

SlingShot
06-01-2013, 10:10 PM
A bong. Just being honest.

RiotingSpectre
06-02-2013, 04:46 AM
I've tried to sell myself on a 3d printer at pretty much every gift-giving holiday in the past few years, and I just can't think of enough to print to make it worth my time. I've tried pretty hard, too. Outside of a few boardgames I haven't seen anything worth printing on thingverse.

Yeah, that's pretty much my problem along with the cost of the damn thing...

@SlingShot: I'm just going to pretend you said gong.

DrunkPunk
06-03-2013, 07:53 AM
I would print bobblehead dolls of my head and give them out everytime I am supposed to give a gift. I would also make a different stupid face for each one and make them obnoxious colors. Eventually nobody would want anything from me. Win win!

Frank Bouwens
07-14-2013, 12:23 PM
I have an 3D printer actually, I made a Tux the Penguin statue :P

http://www.thingiverse.com/make:23974

Hydrus
07-14-2013, 06:54 PM
So that's his name, huh? Tux... Always wondered if he had a name.

Anyways, I would probably 3D print Ariana Grande.

Edit: lol freakin' haterz.

XanXic
07-16-2013, 06:18 AM
I would make a lot of stuff. I know I'll probably make a lot of pieces and tools and stuff for things around my house I'd always wanted to have. I use a modeling program frequently so I'll be able to make my own things quickly and easily. I'd probably make a lot of toys and stuff toy. Things to mess with to appease my ADHD. I was thinking recently how it'd work to make larger stuff. I was curious if I could make a large whole and then pull it apart to pieces and build larger stuff but I wasn't sure how difficult it'd be to do and keep it together.