PDA

View Full Version : Auto enable adb tcpip on bootup?

beowolfschaefer
05-31-2013, 11:52 PM
Does anyone know of an easy way to make the adb tcpip listening daemon start from the console without having to actually connect to a desktop via USB cable? I love using adb over the network but it seems like the ouya will randomly disable this. I would be happy with an APK that just started it so I could do this with the controller. I just want to be able to ope shell from my desktop without having to connect via USB first. Anyone have any ideas?

I maybe I could just make a script and add it to the startup or something?

Ty Collum
06-01-2013, 05:45 AM
So /adb connect 192.168.x.x doesn't work?

beowolfschaefer
06-01-2013, 01:55 PM
So /adb connect 192.168.x.x doesn't work?

nope, I think I need to run adb tcpip 5555 on it while connected through USB first to be able to connect via network.

The worst thing is as of last night I cannot get the damn thing recognized via USB either. Nothing happens when I connect the USB cable. I dunno if I fucked something up or what.

Ty Collum
06-02-2013, 05:19 AM
Once I setup wireless adb, my PC didn't recognize the device via USB either. I would suggest running through the wireless-adb steps again. Make sure its right.

beowolfschaefer
06-02-2013, 06:23 AM
Once I setup wireless adb, my PC didn't recognize the device via USB either. I would suggest running through the wireless-adb steps again. Make sure its right.

That seems to be the problem I'm having too. I'm trying everything.

See here http://www.reddit.com/r/ouya/comments/1ffupl/auto_enable_adb_tcpip_on_bootup/ and http://www.reddit.com/r/ouya/comments/1fgr4a/can_no_longer_connect_via_adb/

Ty Collum
06-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Well as long as wireless adb works, the non-recognizing USB issue isn't really a problem. I don't remember exactly what I did when /adb connect wasn't working. Double check that you are using the correct IP address, and try the /adb connect command with the Ouya plugged into your PC.

beowolfschaefer
06-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Well as long as wireless adb works, the non-recognizing USB issue isn't really a problem. I don't remember exactly what I did when /adb connect wasn't working. Double check that you are using the correct IP address, and try the /adb connect command with the Ouya plugged into your PC.

That's the thing. I cannot get anything to happen when I connect via USB. No devices is detected, correctly or not. I cannot get adb to work at all either from usb or network.

Ty Collum
06-02-2013, 11:31 PM
When I was having trouble, I just kept playing around with everything. Try different USB ports, uninstall/reinstall drivers, delete the additional line from the build.prop that enables wireless adb.