PDA

View Full Version : What is Possible as far as Hacks & Mods Go?

Kippered
08-28-2012, 08:54 PM
I keep hearing that one of the benefits that OUYA has over other consoles is that it is extremely hackable, and mods can easily be made for it. What exactly does this mean? Can anyone provide me with some examples of what can be done with the OUYA that can not be done with other consoles?

TigerClawRadio
08-29-2012, 02:27 AM
Yeah I can't really say how I'd like to see something modified when the actual product is still something of a mystery

Alucard Blades
08-29-2012, 05:26 PM
As far as I know, anything you can do to an Android device you can do to the OUYA. Basic stuff like modifying the start screen, the background, apps, emulators, etc etc...the list goes on.

TigerClawRadio
08-29-2012, 05:50 PM
As far as I know, anything you can do to an Android device you can do to the OUYA. Basic stuff like modifying the start screen, the background, apps, emulators, etc etc...the list goes on.

Does that mean that ouya will have emulators?

Alucard Blades
08-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Does that mean that ouya will have emulators?

Not standard, but you should be able to mod the OUYA to support them.

Purkinje
08-29-2012, 10:42 PM
It's been mentioned that Ouya will allow "side-loading" apps, so that should enable you to get emulators for it.

ReinMaker
08-30-2012, 03:21 PM
How about as far as mods to the actual hardware? Do you think we will see a bunch of consoles that are different colors, shapes, sizes? Do you think we will see anything added onto the consoles that OUYA didn't really intend for?

ForTwoLarry
08-31-2012, 01:18 AM
I would love to see a super CPU cooling system for ultimate over clocking.
If you can overclock a Nexus 7 to the crazy speeds I have seen lately, it would be interesting to see just how fast you can get a OUYA to get to!

I'm hoping that the OUYA will support USB or network hard drives out of the box. But if it doesn't, I would like to see someone hack that ASAP.

Nicholas Ross
09-29-2012, 09:45 PM
I would love to see a super CPU cooling system for ultimate over clocking.
If you can overclock a Nexus 7 to the crazy speeds I have seen lately, it would be interesting to see just how fast you can get a OUYA to get to!

I'm hoping that the OUYA will support USB or network hard drives out of the box. But if it doesn't, I would like to see someone hack that ASAP.

NICE! Keep us posted, I want to see how fast the OUYA can Run!