PDA

View Full Version : DVB-T Mpeg4 dongle for OUYA

frostbite
05-29-2013, 11:46 PM
Hi,

I realized recently that there may be a simple way to watch FTA TV on Ouya.

In Poland there is a company called iD4Mobile which sells DVB-T dongles for Android and iOS devices. I've tested the Android version with my Galaxy S2 and it works really well.

http://sklep.benchmark.pl/product_picture/6/TUNID4AN-2/iD4Mobile_iD_AndroidTV_tuner-ad60c41d.png

The dongle is very small. You just plug it to the micro-USB of the smartphone, install the viewer app and watch live TV. This exact device has 3 kinds of antena connector. One of them allows to connect, a full scale cable from big, roof antena.

Only issue with this device is that it (maybe only for now) can't play HDTV chanels but this can be just a software issue.

OUYA has a micro-USB port so I'm quite sure that this could work. It's compatibile with Nexus 7 which is very similiar to OUYA.

I know that this isn't really worth using as a actual DVB-T STB but I thought maybe some one will like to know:)

tennisbgc
05-30-2013, 12:06 AM
very cool find, I'd like to see someone develop a tvheadend backend server app so I could connect a usb tv tuner and use it through xbmc.

heiselman
06-15-2013, 02:54 PM
That would be awesome. Get a decent DVR app/plugin going and official Netflix/Amazon VOD streaming and it would replace my TiVo and in time, my Wii.