PDA

View Full Version : I cant catch what ouya means by "its 100% hackable" what does it mean and do?

xjordiboyx
05-27-2013, 08:40 PM
sent from my Samsung galaxy note 2

Abyss
05-28-2013, 06:18 AM
Alright, 99.99% hackable. What does it do? It allows hackers to really get inside the system. Not like the big consoles where sometimes they hack it but only get limited access to the console. Also, since OUYA themselves are encouraging you to hack it, I assume you won't face legal problems for hacking it. With this you can expect custom ROMS (Custom OS's), plug-ins, apps, etc...

It also might mean that the OUYA will probably be a pirate's nest lol

derty
05-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Alright, 99.99% hackable. What does it do? It allows hackers to really get inside the system. Not like the big consoles where sometimes they hack it but only get limited access to the console. Also, since OUYA themselves are encouraging you to hack it, I assume you won't face legal problems for hacking it. With this you can expect custom ROMS (Custom OS's), plug-ins, apps, etc...

It also might mean that the OUYA will probably be a pirate's nest lol

Can't wait MUAHAHAHA! D:<

Abyss
05-28-2013, 05:08 PM

I know, I'm so freakin' desperate for the OUYA. They better hurry up with the launch :excitement:

RiotingSpectre
05-28-2013, 10:19 PM

Indeed. There are a ton of talented hackers out there and I know for a fact that OUYA can be something even better with their help. All we can do it play the waiting game.

tennisbgc
05-28-2013, 11:14 PM
I hope someone comes up with a way to root the ouya for android newbs like me

derty
05-29-2013, 02:52 AM
Indeed. There are a ton of talented hackers out there and I know for a fact that OUYA can be something even better with their help. All we can do it play the waiting game.

This certain game of wait is killing me inside :dejection:

DrunkPunk
05-29-2013, 07:50 AM
I hope someone comes up with a way to root the ouya for android newbs like me

I know alot of us will be risking our consoles, nearly as soon as we get them, testing things out. I love hacky little gadgets and I just can't let them do only the things they were "meant" to. All or nothing!