PDA

View Full Version : WIP: mini NES case

skylargray
05-26-2013, 12:03 PM
Hey everyone.

I started design & engineering work on a miniature NES-style case earlier today. Now I just want to gauge interest and ask for some feedback.
Even with it's small size, this will be expensive to 3D print. I am considering a Kickstarter to pay for tooling and make this a reality at an affordable price...it just depends upon how much interest there is.

The outer and critical dimensions are all exactly half the size of a normal NES, so the proportions are completely true to the original. I used a nice, calibrated digital caliper to measure all the dimensions of my NES, then I modeled the parts in SolidWorks. I'm a design engineer for consumer electronics by trade, so this process is routine for me. I kept all the wall thicknesses and gaps the same as the original, so the internals have not been scaled down, per se...just re-configured for manufacturability. I also kept the vents on the top the same dimensions as the full-size NES instead of scaling those; otherwise, the grooves would be too thin to tool.

I do not have an OUYA yet—I can only go so far without being able to measure the board in detail.
Still, the top half is completely engineered and ready for tooling.
Can't finish the bottom until I have an OUYA and have made decisions on orientation, peripherals, etc. I want to eventually put 2 USB ports where the controller ports would normally be.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/skylargray/mini%20NES/miniNES-01_zps16e301cd.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/user/skylargray/media/mini%20NES/miniNES-01_zps16e301cd.jpg.html)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/skylargray/mini%20NES/miniNES-02_zps81de4ae4.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/user/skylargray/media/mini%20NES/miniNES-02_zps81de4ae4.jpg.html)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/skylargray/mini%20NES/miniNES-03_zps36b96a3b.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/user/skylargray/media/mini%20NES/miniNES-03_zps36b96a3b.jpg.html)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/skylargray/mini%20NES/miniNES-04_zpsddaacd3c.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/user/skylargray/media/mini%20NES/miniNES-04_zpsddaacd3c.jpg.html)

For now, I've got the connections going out of the side. The top, rear black trim piece prevents me from putting the connections out the back right. It's beneficial to have the fan on the right side of the case underneath the top vents for cooling. Anyone have a better strategy for board placement?

Also, what peripherals would you want to put in this? HDD? USB hub? SD Card reader?
I do want to add accommodations for LED and power button...would require soldering on the user's end.
What would the other button do?

Thanks for looking/reading. Let me know what you think.

derty
05-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Wow already loox like a great idea coming to life :)
Good luck to u and I hope it works out.
I would love to own one of these at the right price :D
If u start a kickstarter, attach link and I will donate ;)

Hule Studios
05-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Good luck with this.

05-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Woa, it's look epic! I hope it's work fine! :)

Abyss
05-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Looks nice.

Tepes
05-26-2013, 09:50 PM
That looks amazing. Not sure what else it would need beyond that :-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

fireballs
05-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Looks sweet, are you going to be able to incorporate the power button into this?

skylargray
05-26-2013, 11:32 PM
Looks sweet, are you going to be able to incorporate the power button into this?

I would really like to.
Right now, I'm thinking the best way to do it would be to require the user to solder lead wires from the OUYA board to an easily obtainable (and inexpensive) momentary pushbutton switch which could be mounted on brackets incorporated into the bottom half of the enclosure.

Then what do we do with the NES Reset switch?

fireballs
05-27-2013, 04:01 AM
I would really like to.
Right now, I'm thinking the best way to do it would be to require the user to solder lead wires from the OUYA board to an easily obtainable (and inexpensive) momentary pushbutton switch which could be mounted on brackets incorporated into the bottom half of the enclosure.

IM not sure yet about the reset button.

From the looks of your case it's going to have a lot of extra room. The ouya basically uses a button extender from the power button to the MB. My idea would be to put the ouya on the left side of the case with a button extender for the power button. If you put a tiny powered USB hub inside and use short extenders to all the inputs. It might make it a little bigger, heavier and more expensive but they put a weight in the ouya already and people have no problem paying for quality.

If you can make it the way IM thinking you have a hit on your hands. I think you can kickstart that.

Danton
05-28-2013, 11:05 AM
I love the design.

I would place a 2.5" hdd in the case, a cardreader under the lid, and 2 usb ports on the front.
The HDD and cardreader both connected too internal USB ports.
For the USB ports, a USB powered usb HUB or something similair.

And for the buttons, one to power the OUYA, and one to power the USB hub.

But this is just an idea.

derty
05-28-2013, 04:30 PM
I love the design.

I would place a 2.5" hdd in the case, a cardreader under the lid, and 2 usb ports on the front.

U could always just use 1 button to power both on at the same time :D

closer013
05-29-2013, 02:40 AM
This is an awesome idea. If you see this to fruition count me in for 1! I'm sure I could also get someone I know to get one as well.

Velociraptor
05-29-2013, 09:50 AM
i bought OUYA just for emulators. so i think that you are making are great work! carry on!!

Arkhalis
05-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Take my money.... just take it.

Seriously, when you finish this I will buy one from you!

salvasaur
05-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Why haven't you made me one yet?

jason
05-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Oh, hell yes. I will back this on Kickstarter given the opportunity.

I support this approach as well. Besides the mounting bracket for the push button switches (power/reset) & two usb ports where the controller ports are, I'd prefer the enclosure to be as simple as possible. Maybe just some fabricated mounting holes for a standard sized notebook hard drive and a punch-out hole to optionally run a cable for an accessory (usb hub, i/r receiver etc.).

macharborguy
05-29-2013, 11:09 PM
I would really like to.

Oh please figure out how to make this case, but rather than a gray one, I would pay far out the ass for one that had the same texture and color (plus reflective) of the Legend of Zelda gold cart!

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/LEGEND-OF-ZELDA-ZELDA-II-LINK-TO-THE-PAST-GOLD-CARTS-TESTED-NES-/00/$(KGrHqQOKioE1571U3iDBNq2Em2mJw~~_35.JPG

Cannibalpinhead
06-07-2013, 12:00 AM
I love the design.

Great Idea!

@skylargray: lets kickstart this! Count me in!

Wolverine-_-_-
06-07-2013, 04:56 AM
It seems like the beginnings of a great item. You should probably wait a while before starting any Kickstarter campaign for Ouya related hardware. To really get my interest, any aftermarket case would have to be more than cosmetic. Minimally it should include improved cooling, either quieter or more efficient, as well as a USB hub. Who wants to buy a nice looking case and still have a USB hub dangling off the side. Maybe there is enough room inside for users to connect a hidden USB stick.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

macharborguy
06-07-2013, 05:09 AM
It seems like the beginnings of a great item. You should probably wait a while before starting any Kickstarter campaign for Ouya related hardware. To really get my interest, any aftermarket case would have to be more than cosmetic. Minimally it should include improved cooling, either quieter or more efficient, as well as a USB hub. Who wants to buy a nice looking case and still have a USB hub dangling off the side. Maybe there is enough room inside for users to connect a hidden USB stick.

yes, i agree with this. For the cooling part, we really need to see if the OUYA even benifits, even when overclocked, with extra cooling. Testing NEEDS to be done to make sure it wont hurt anything.

Hidden USB stick, SD card slot. Hell, I wouldn;t mind the NES cartridge door allowing for a 2.5" SSD/HDD to slide into it as a PRO case feature.

T3KN0GH057
06-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Oh please figure out how to make this case, but rather than a gray one, I would pay far out the ass for one that had the same texture and color (plus reflective) of the Legend of Zelda gold cart!

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/LEGEND-OF-ZELDA-ZELDA-II-LINK-TO-THE-PAST-GOLD-CARTS-TESTED-NES-/00/$(KGrHqQOKioE1571U3iDBNq2Em2mJw~~_35.JPG

this cart as a removable harddrive case!

RiotingSpectre
06-07-2013, 07:52 AM
this cart as a removable harddrive case!

Something like this? (http://www.instructables.com/id/NES-Cartridge-External-HDD/)

T3KN0GH057
06-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Something like this? (http://www.instructables.com/id/NES-Cartridge-External-HDD/)

yeah except you justt slide it into the NesOuya like you would a regular catridge in a nes (so that all the connectors are in end of the cart instead of the side, then pushing it down will push a button in the system to turn on power to it :D

RiotingSpectre
06-07-2013, 08:09 AM
yeah except you justt slide it into the NesOuya like you would a regular catridge in a nes (so that all the connectors are in end of the cart instead of the side, then pushing it down will push a button in the system to turn on power to it :D

Lol, that sounds amazing. Good idea, not to mention that it's possible.

derty
06-07-2013, 08:47 PM

Lol wow this would b awesome xD

DarkWolfNine
06-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Count me in. I would completely back you on KS for one. :D Looks amazing, and I'm loving all of the suggestions too!

Jack_Mcslay
06-08-2013, 11:54 AM
I agree it would be interesting to be able to put in an HDD through the cartridge port but I believe having electronics would greatly complicate production.

I really don't like the ports being on the side, though, and I fear for the lack of air ports

Manaurys
06-08-2013, 10:43 PM
I need one Right now
I'm throwing my wallet at the screen but its not working

Wolverine-_-_-
06-09-2013, 12:47 AM
I agree it would be interesting to be able to put in an HDD through the cartridge port but I believe having electronics would greatly complicate production.

I really don't like the ports being on the side, though, and I fear for the lack of air ports

The lack of air vents and active cooling could be disastrous, and it seems that adding the needed venting would not aesthetically work

kaicer
06-09-2013, 06:27 AM
looks nice but need more work with the cooling.

skylargray
06-09-2013, 06:54 AM
Good ideas, everyone. More stuff to consider.

... I fear for the lack of air ports

The lack of air vents and active cooling could be disastrous, and it seems that adding the needed venting would not aesthetically work

Guys, there are indeed air vents. It's designed just like the original, so the ribs on the top are actually vents. It's an old injection-molding trick.
You can see them from the back of the enclosure.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/skylargray/mini%20NES/miniNES-05_zps1df38884.jpg

In any case, I'm thinking about how this case might be optimized for 3D printing instead of injection molding.
It's just a LOT of trouble to go through the tooling process and probably about $50,000 to $75,000.

I have developed an algorithm that generates diamond cubic lattice structures to fill a given 3D volume. This would make the enclosure light, heavily vented, and strong at approx. half the volume. 3D printing the top half of the enclosure is about $75 as-is, but could be reduced to $30 or less with the above method.
Try to imagine the enclosure made from this structure instead of solid walls:
http://d8sh4tgwb7czf.cloudfront.net/p17sjnfsfs163okse1bfi1qsdaqi4/thumbs/s.png (http://3dfile.io/GgvHgw)
http://3dfile.io/GgvHgw

Jack_Mcslay
06-09-2013, 10:03 AM
That's the air output. So far it has no air input. The ouya itself has vents in both top and bottom. The NES hardware generates a fraction of the heat Ouya does, you can't assume their design will work for the Ouya.

skylargray
06-09-2013, 05:35 PM
As I mentioned earlier, the bottom half of the case is not finished because I'm waiting for an OUYA.
The original NES enclosure uses vents in the bottom half of the enclosure as input with the top vents as output.
I can't add those bottom vents in yet until I decide how the OUYA board is going to fit in.

Since there is no fan in the NES, I'm assuming cool air enters from the bottom vents and exits through the top vents, following the laws of thermodynamics.
The OUYA's fan should pull in cooler air from the top vents (in closest proximity to the fan), which is then heated by the board components, and exhausted through the bottom vents.

There's also a secondary input/output vent that you cannot see from the renders, but it's just above the connector bezel on the side of the bottom half of the case. That might stay or go depending upon what I end up with for venting on the bottom half.

The point is, I've already started making accommodations for cooling and will continue as the bottom half gets further developed. Don't worry about it.

Manaurys
06-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Even without an ouya i will buy this for collecting purposes

Malweth
06-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Subscribed to this... waiting for the kickstarter.

I suggest the reset button be on a hinge with a USB port underneath... with room enough to fit the Logitech Unifying receiver when closed.

Michael Thompson
06-15-2013, 04:13 PM
VERY interesting idea.
Good luck with the project!

Manaurys
06-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Subscribed to this... waiting for the kickstarter.

I suggest the reset button be on a hinge with a USB port underneath... with room enough to fit the Logitech Unifying receiver when closed.

Yes very good idea for mouse and keyboard

markimus
06-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Have the "lid" the place where cartridges would normally go, lift up and theres USB ports, and possibly a memory card slot.
Keep the board as far right as possible to utilise the vents at the top. Maybe have tiny slits around the bottom of the walls to allow for air to be dragged in (if its needed obviously) or where the dark grey bottom half meets the light grey top half, have little slits/vents. Obviously you have a better idea than me as you are actually doing the designing of it, just chucking a few ideas around.

When I say slit/vents I mean like these:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/MacBook-Pro-with-Retina-Air-Vents.jpg

krixon
06-17-2013, 11:40 PM
As I mentioned earlier, the bottom half of the case is not finished because I'm waiting for an OUYA.
The original NES enclosure uses vents in the bottom half of the enclosure as input with the top vents as output.
I can't add those bottom vents in yet until I decide how the OUYA board is going to fit in.

Since there is no fan in the NES, I'm assuming cool air enters from the bottom vents and exits through the top vents, following the laws of thermodynamics.
The OUYA's fan should pull in cooler air from the top vents (in closest proximity to the fan), which is then heated by the board components, and exhausted through the bottom vents.

There's also a secondary input/output vent that you cannot see from the renders, but it's just above the connector bezel on the side of the bottom half of the case. That might stay or go depending upon what I end up with for venting on the bottom half.

The point is, I've already started making accommodations for cooling and will continue as the bottom half gets further developed. Don't worry about it.

I actually happen to own a Makerbot Replicator 2 (a 3D printer). If you feel comfortable lending me the .obj/.stl/.max etc. files, I would be happy to see if it can be printed on a consumer device. I also own an OUYA, and can experiment with how the components fit.

Manaurys
06-23-2013, 06:01 AM
I hope you complete the design soon i willing to buy one good luck

kingmid
06-23-2013, 11:39 AM
I actually happen to own a Makerbot Replicator 2 (a 3D printer). If you feel comfortable lending me the .obj/.stl/.max etc. files, I would be happy to see if it can be printed on a consumer device. I also own an OUYA, and can experiment with how the components fit.

You are the man. I hope he takes you up on your offer and thank you for making the offer.

flisk
06-23-2013, 10:35 PM
While this is neat and all.. I think the biggest issue (and cost) you are going to have is that the design is.. proprietary to Nintendo. I really think that their legal department will block you from ever making this; at the end of the day it is their design regardless if you are making it smaller.

T3KN0GH057
06-23-2013, 10:47 PM
While this is neat and all.. I think the biggest issue (and cost) you are going to have is that the design is.. proprietary to Nintendo. I really think that their legal department will block you from ever making this; at the end of the day it is their design regardless if you are making it smaller.

I doubt they'd care as this is obviously a tribute to Nintendo, and they'd probably see it as such. But you might be right as I've seen companies pursue litigation under some of the most ridiculous of circumstances. But I think Nintendo wouldn't even bat an eyelash in this instance. Especially if he only distributes it as a 3d printing file (which would be preferable).

flisk
06-24-2013, 03:44 AM
If he is making these to turn around and make money off of; you better believe Nintendo will sick their legals upon him. Nintendo is VERY proprietary; several years ago they sued a guy who was making Super Mario costumes in his garage and selling them on eBay. They won. Recently they have sued Nyko for making a wireless controller. Nintendo's reason? Intellectual Property Suits and money. This is what was stated:

"In a complaint filed with the Western District Court in Washington State, Nintendo claims that the "Kama" controller at right "wholly appropriates the novel shape, design, overall appearance and even the color and materials used in the Nintendo Nunchuk controller. Moreover, Nintendo claims that its trademarks covering the Nunchuk name and packaging are being infringed by Kama. Nintendo seeks a cash award and the removal of the product from shelves."

So yeah, that's just not something I'd start waving a stick at.

Actually.. looks like there are several Nintendo based things on kickstarter (even saw a controller for the ouya). Who knows, maybe I don't know as much as I thought I did about the subject of intellectual property.

T3KN0GH057
06-25-2013, 01:48 AM
Actually.. looks like there are several Nintendo based things on kickstarter (even saw a controller for the ouya). Who knows, maybe I don't know as much as I thought I did about the subject of intellectual property.

I would have been almost certain anything physical doesn't fall under intellectual property

flisk
06-25-2013, 01:58 AM
So I could go copy the body of a BMW or Ferrari and as long as I put my own engine inside, I could make money off of it?

T3KN0GH057
06-25-2013, 03:23 AM
nope design still falls under copyright law, just not under the subheading "intellectual property". <- legalese
it is my personal opinion though that something like this SHOULD fall under fair use <- personal opinion

skylargray
06-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Concerning Intellectual Property on the NES case: We have three main areas that a three dimensional object can fall under...Design patent, Trademark, and Copyright.

Copyright: For the design to be copyright-able it must have no practical utility (such as a statue). Since the NES case has a practical utility (enclosing electronics), it cannot be copyrighted.

Design Patent: The NES was protected under United States design patent D299,726S (https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pdfs/USD299726.pdf) until Feb 7, 2003 when it expired. There is no longer patent protection for the design.

Trademark: Nintendo can (and may have) protect(ed) the physical NES case design with a trademark (like Coca-cola has done with the shape of their bottle). So, they could very well shut down this little idea if they (a) have trademarked the NES ornamental design and (b) discover this thread and (c) think it's worth their time.

This is just my understanding of US law; though I have researched this type of issue in the past, I'm no attorney.

XanXic
06-26-2013, 07:37 AM
But I'm guessing they won't do anything about it really. There's tons of NES cases and GBC cases/skins/stickers/etc for various electronics and stuff and I have never heard of Nintendo going after that. I think as long as you don't put anything nintendo on it and if they ask it's not based on a NES ;) Typically the only time Nintendo gets upset is when it comes to actual hardware and games/software copyright. I don't think selling a 3d printing of a generic style NES case is anydifferent than selling a modded original nes case. And those are everywhere. I think you'd be totally fine.

truehybridx
06-30-2013, 03:33 AM
I would LOVE to see this up on thingiverse :D

I've been soo lazy at rewiring my 3D printer and this would be a great reason to hop to it and wire it back up :D

Manaurys
06-30-2013, 04:13 AM
Any news or update on this how is the project going?

Luke Brickner
06-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Count me in. I would completely back you on KS for one. :D Looks amazing, and I'm loving all of the suggestions too!

Make that 2 backers

PancreaticDefect
06-30-2013, 04:34 PM
I'd like to see a tiny Atari 2600 case for OUYA complete with woodgrain. You could even use real wood. Like this guy is selling..

http://www.etsy.com/listing/153934186/wouya-mahogany-wood-for-your-ouya?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_promoted&utm_campaign=geekery_low&gclid=CIm4noaLjLgCFY0WMgodslwAhA

krixon
07-01-2013, 12:13 AM
My offer still stands to print this case if you are interested in sending me the files.

miketrike
07-01-2013, 12:45 AM
Even though I'd rather have the inputs come out the back of the unit, I'd still buy one just because it's awesome. :)

JerTM
07-07-2013, 03:38 PM
any progress?

CadmiumRED
07-08-2013, 11:22 PM
It would be pretty dope if there was an NES case for the OUYA that was similar to the Generation Nex NES clone system.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/415J8GUp-KL._SY300_.jpg

zeuser
07-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Cant wait to use this case it looks awesome.

Manaurys
07-17-2013, 01:33 PM
What happened this project die or what I was so excited about it

spinal
07-20-2013, 09:04 PM
-Signed up just to comment on this thread-

I would love to see this case finished, I'm currently considering an OUYA, this case would probably tip the scale in favour of buying.
As a suggestion about the cart door, why not stick an SD card reader in there, with the SD card in place of the 'grip' on a dummy cart. That would make the sd card easy to get in and out and not effect the design much.

SuicideWafle
07-21-2013, 09:32 AM
If you know anything about USB I/O, the other button should be a force to recovery mode. I hate having to hold 2 keys, and press another just to get to recovery.

jimlab7
08-06-2013, 07:53 AM
if the price is right on this i would so buy it

OUYAGamingSource
08-07-2013, 06:39 AM
Hi skylargray, I sent you a DM a couple days ago, this is an awesome case mod, do you mind if we cover it on our website and video series? Here's a breakdown of what we're doing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3uzDDkDBys

If we can cover this can you DM me back with your links for credits: if you have a YouTube channel, website or any link we can send people to as a credit, let me know!

DarkWolfNine
08-08-2013, 06:26 AM
I really hope this works out, skylargray.

OuyaGamingSouce would be an awesome way to get even more interest and success should you take this to the finish line! :)

You know that I'm in!

~Christopher "DarkWolfNine" Muzatko

Manaurys
08-08-2013, 03:05 PM
This was the first mod i wanted and i. Don't know what happened

skylargray
08-23-2013, 03:12 AM
Geez, sorry guys. This has been a dead-end project for me because I simply haven't bought an OUYA in order to finish the bottom half design!

I have remedied the problem...arriving tomorrow thanks to Amazon Prime.

So, I'm going to finish this up and hopefully add in accommodations for all the cool extras discussed in this thread:
• front switches
• front LED
• front USB ports via hub
• 2.5 SSD/HDD mountable in cartridge slot

The question remains, though...what should the reset switch do?

JerTM
08-23-2013, 03:57 AM
YAY! The reset button could power some leds. Maybe make them into a single button that looks like the power and reset button?

jimlab7
08-23-2013, 04:48 AM
i just started making a wooden one xD cause i really wanted something like this xD idk if my design can help u any but feel free to use any ideas

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?5632-Wooden-NES

timmytot666
08-23-2013, 04:51 AM
Reset button should transform it into a robot lol

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

dra6onfire
08-23-2013, 05:58 AM
I would suggest you make the reset button just be a switch with open connections so that people can add fans or hdds or whatever other powered accessories they want and attach them to the power switch you have provided. Just gives your case a little more customizability.

GohanX
08-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Reset button should transform it into a robot lol

Holy crap, my Ouya is a Decepticon!

skylargray
08-24-2013, 06:10 AM
Just fleshing out the design...

there is not enough room for a 2.5" SSD/HDD under the lid (runs into the back of the enclosure lengthwise, runs into the OUYA fan widthwise).
Increasing the size of the enclosure kind of defeats the goal of this thing being compact and...cute.

So I think a better strategy would be for the lid to reveal an SD card slot, which is the "wave of the future" anyway—or so I am told.

Working on a new orientation for the OUYA with the connectors out of the back. This should work much better ultimately.

Manaurys
08-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Im so glad your back on this project

jimlab7
08-24-2013, 03:15 PM
yeah i ran into the same prob with my hdd tho was bigger but cant wait to see what u come up with^^

Jack_Mcslay
08-24-2013, 03:28 PM
I know! make an opening on the bottom you can put an USB connector on and then make another case shaped like a Famicom Disk System which you put an HDD inside and connect to it!

jimlab7
08-24-2013, 07:11 PM
I know! make an opening on the bottom you can put an USB connector on and then make another case shaped like a Famicom Disk System which you put an HDD inside and connect to it!

Its a nice idea but did they make one for this NES ? or was it just the japanese vers?

skylargray
08-26-2013, 05:01 AM
Little update:
Spent some time with the console—quite a bit of potential I think.
Lots progress on the bottom half of the case.

I came up with a good idea. Why not use the I/O plate from the stock OUYA case? Here's what the back now looks like:
(I couldn't resist rendering with the Zelda color scheme)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/skylargray/mini%20NES/miniNES-06_zpsc15b780e.jpghttp://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/skylargray/miniNES-07_zps9906947d.jpg

other additions:
• mucho venting on bottom and sides
• created notch on the back which leads to a hidden opening for routing cable into/out-of the case
• chose momentary switch (ALPS SPPJ226400 (http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=SPPJ226400virtualkey68800000v irtualkey688-SPPJ226400)) and added internal mounting stand-offs
• integrated cable tie brackets inside case
• chose potential card reader and USB hub, placed order, will investigate integration of these once they arrive

I will run a thermal simulation in software to see if this venting solution is adequate. Getting closer now.

madmax2069
08-26-2013, 05:17 AM
A HDD like this http://www.steves-digicams.com/accessories/flash-cards-storage-devices/microdrive-storage-devices.html#b might fit but I think only offer up to 8gb.

But like your post above, a card reader is probably the best bet.

dra6onfire
08-26-2013, 05:52 AM
you can get a tiny pny 64gb usb stick for like 30 bucks. I think going after an actual hard drive is a bit much but whatever works.

Looks fantastic by the way

jimlab7
08-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Little update:

I came up with a good idea. Why not use the I/O plate from the stock OUYA case? Here's what the back now looks like:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/skylargray/mini%20NES/miniNES-06_zpsc15b780e.jpghttp://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/skylargray/miniNES-07_zps9906947d.jpg

other additions:
• created notch on the back which leads to a hidden opening for routing cable into/out-of the case
• chose momentary switch (ALPS SPPJ226400 (http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=SPPJ226400virtualkey68800000v irtualkey688-SPPJ226400)) and added internal mounting stand-offs
• chose potential card reader and USB hub, placed order, will investigate integration of these once they arrive

I will run a thermal simulation in software to see if this venting solution is adequate. Getting closer now.

Very nice I like where this is going

question would the "momentary switch (ALPS SPPJ226400)" work for a power button ?
I've been trying to fig out the best thing to use for my wooden Nes with no luck.

I found a LED / power button that would be nice if it works but I'm not sure if it will what do you think? http://www.adafruit.com/products/1442#Description
I think it would be nice cause then I would have to run a wire for the LED over to the button area (unless i would have to solder into the led anyways to power the led on the power switch) please let me know your thoughts

Manaurys
08-26-2013, 09:21 AM
I don't know about anybody else but for me this would be the best thing ever thank you very much for taking your time on this project

JerTM
08-26-2013, 02:28 PM
It's looking fantastic. I have been looking everywhere (even thrift stores) for ideas and or cases to put the OUYA in. Now that you are back on the project, I don't have to because this is absolutely perfect for me. Shut up and take my money haha.

CadmiumRED
08-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Little update:

other additions:

O_O

I must have this mod for my OUYA. That looks absolutely delicious.

skylargray
08-27-2013, 02:25 AM
I found a LED / power button that would be nice if it works but I'm not sure if it will what do you think? http://www.adafruit.com/products/1442#Description
I think it would be nice cause then I would have to run a wire for the LED over to the button area (unless i would have to solder into the led anyways to power the led on the power switch) please let me know your thoughts

That switch will not work because it's latching. The stock switch on the OUYA board is a momentary tactile switch, meaning that the contacts of the switch only "momentarily" close while the button is depressed. Once you take your finger off of the button, the contacts are open again. If you used the switch above, it would be as if you had your finger on the power button indefinitely until you pressed the switch again to unlatch it.

The best sources for things like switches are Mouser and Digikey. Largest variety, lowest prices.

jimlab7
08-27-2013, 05:23 AM
That switch will not work because it's latching. The stock switch on the OUYA board is a momentary tactile switch, meaning that the contacts of the switch only "momentarily" close while the button is depressed. Once you take your finger off of the button, the contacts are open again. If you used the switch above, it would be as if you had your finger on the power button indefinitely until you pressed the switch again to unlatch it.

The best sources for things like switches are Mouser and Digikey. Largest variety, lowest prices.

Tyvm I've been trying to get answers for this for a while now
also can i just solder in a new power button and not worry about taking the old off
and would it be any harm to desolder the led off the ouya and solder in wires to a red one?

I do thank you for your time this is my first mod

skylargray
08-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Tyvm I've been trying to get answers for this for a while now
also can i just solder in a new power button and not worry about taking the old off
and would it be any harm to desolder the led off the ouya and solder in wires to a red one?

I do thank you for your time this is my first mod

Yes, you can solder in a new power switch without removing the old one.

You will need to remove the existing LED before installing a new one. Depending upon the specs of the old LED versus the new one, your new LED may be too bright or not bright enough.
There will be a current limiting resistor in series with the LED that has been chosen for a certain amount of current which will impact the LED intensity. Different color LEDs have different forward voltage and min/max current specs.

You will need to know the forward voltage and current requirements of the new resistor as well as the existing current limiting resistor value and voltage of the circuit at that point (I assume it's 3.3V) in order to intelligently implement a replacement

Or you can just wing it and see if it works without making any changes!

jimlab7
08-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Yes, you can solder in a new power switch without removing the old one.

You will need to remove the existing LED before installing a new one. Depending upon the specs of the old LED versus the new one, your new LED may be too bright or not bright enough.
There will be a current limiting resistor in series with the LED that has been chosen for a certain amount of current which will impact the LED intensity. Different color LEDs have different forward voltage and min/max current specs.

You will need to know the forward voltage and current requirements of the new resistor as well as the existing current limiting resistor value and voltage of the circuit at that point (I assume it's 3.3V) in order to intelligently implement a replacement

Or you can just wing it and see if it works without making any changes!

well as long as I don't blow up my ouya ill prob wing it and if u would what would u recommend?

also u seen the switch u was showing to use has 6 prongs which would i solder to?

Manaurys
08-27-2013, 10:00 PM
I want it now please take my money

skylargray
08-28-2013, 12:58 AM
well as long as I don't blow up my ouya ill prob wing it and if u would what would u recommend?

also u seen the switch u was showing to use has 6 prongs which would i solder to?

You *shouldn't* damage anything by just going for it, but proceed with caution...don't blame me if it blows up.

Connect the two switch leads to the two prongs furthest from the switch button on one side only. Doesn't matter which side. Highlighted in green in this image:

http://i.imgur.com/RVd3F5Z.jpg

jimlab7
08-28-2013, 02:26 AM
You *shouldn't* damage anything by just going for it, but proceed with caution...don't blame me if it blows up.

Connect the two switch leads to the two prongs furthest from the switch button on one side only. Doesn't matter which side. Highlighted in green in this image:

http://i.imgur.com/RVd3F5Z.jpg

Thanks alot man and np I would only blame myself cause im doing the modding xD
I solder a usb hub to my ouya and it was fine for power but i couldnt get any data to read through it and i switch the date wires just to make sure i didnt get them wrong and made sure nothing touched not only that but while it was hooked up i couldnt get my usb powered hhd to read through the original usb and only started reading again when i cut the hub off

skylargray
08-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Results of my preliminary CFD (computational fluid dynamics) simulation of the mini NES case's airflow and temperature performance.

The primary heat source here is the Tegra 3, obviously. I have read that it has a maximum TDP of 4W, so I used that figure for a worst-case scenario to simulate heavy gaming or media playback.
Can anyone confirm the Tegra 3 max TDP?

This simulation is room temperature 70°F.

It looks like the performance of this case might be a little better than the stock OUYA case. In this simulation, the processor tops out at about 150°F. I've seen other people reporting upwards of 160°F.
The inlet flow looks really nice. Lots of cool air coming in through the top vents. Good thermal conduction from the processor to the heatsink and into the air.
But I'm not entirely happy with the flow. There are a lot of vortexes, surprisingly around the lower exit vents. There's no clean path of flow from entrance to exit. I suspect that this is due to having two sides for the hot air to escape...it just goes all over the place.

So I'm going to redo this study (takes about 4–8 hours on my friend's quad-core i7 OC'd to 3.13GHz) with only one set of exit vents on the left side of the case. I think this should result in lower temps and steady, even flow from the top right vents into the fan and down through the lower left vents.

The current solution is probably better than stock, but I think I can make it even better, so why not? And now the pretty visuals:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/skylargray/mini%20NES/OUYA-miniNES-CFD-air-flow-study3-01_zps543de663.png
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/skylargray/mini%20NES/OUYA-miniNES-CFD-air-flow-study3-02_zps6f14ec0f.png

One more screenshot for fun. You can kinda see what's going on better with this zoomed-in view.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/skylargray/mini%20NES/OUYA-miniNES-CFD-air-flow-study3-03_zps39350131.png

jimlab7
08-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Interesting do u have any idea what u will be charging for one of these once your done?

I might abandon my wooden one for one of yours

btw very nice job cant wait to see the end result

JerTM
08-28-2013, 11:04 PM
I am in no way an engineer, but would adding some sort of duct work or fins to help direct the airflow in an orderly fashion out of the case work? Or possibly another small fan to coax the air out?

Manaurys
08-28-2013, 11:36 PM
One more screenshot for fun. You can kinda see what's going on better with this zoomed-in view.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/skylargray/mini%20NES/OUYA-miniNES-CFD-air-flow-study3-03_zps39350131.png

This is awesome why you make me suffer so much i have i dream of this already

Shaoranmps

skylargray
08-29-2013, 03:08 AM
New study with exit vents on the bottom, left only. Only took 4 hours of CPU time.
Wow. Definitely a BAD solution!
The Tegra 3 temp maxes at about 190°F, which would probably result in failure eventually.

[Looking back at the first solution, it's actually really good!]

So what's happening with this new solution is that air gets sucked in from the top vents by the fan and still wants to exit the heatsink from both sides.
Well, now that there's no vent on the right side, the hot air just spins and spins in a vortex and eventually causes the inlet air to be heated instantly. At that point, we're no longer sucking in cool air, and the whole cooling system is a massive failure! Glad I'm doing these simulations to ensure the vent design is adequate.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/skylargray/mini%20NES/OUYA-miniNES-CFD-air-flow-study4-01_zpsea44c8d3.png
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/skylargray/mini%20NES/OUYA-miniNES-CFD-air-flow-study4-02_zpseb852a3c.png

I could put ductwork in here, but that would add a lot more material, cost more, and not leave room for extra stuff one might want to add in, like USB hub & card reader.
An external outlet fan would improve cooling significantly, but it would increase noise and power requirements. This case could always be modded for an additional fan if desired.

I think the original solution with the dual-venting is the best course of action. It's already better than stock OUYA according to the simulation, so I think we're good...now that I see how bad it can get.

jimlab7
08-29-2013, 04:15 AM
lol thats i think the first run was a lil bit better xD

skylargray
08-31-2013, 04:42 AM
First prototype ordered via Shapeways. It will ship Sept. 11 (never forget).
...in a holding pattern until the parts arrive.

jimlab7
08-31-2013, 04:55 AM
kool

dra6onfire
08-31-2013, 06:32 AM
how much did the prototype run?

skylargray
08-31-2013, 09:23 PM
how much did the prototype run?

More than the OUYA.

XanXic
08-31-2013, 10:01 PM
More than the OUYA.

oooohhhh. :c that's a shame. I'd probably just buy a broken NES and shove my ouya in there in that case. Still should be pretty awesome what you got going on there.

JerTM
09-02-2013, 01:16 AM
prototypes could be spendy, as of right now its a one-off so it will cost more than a hundered. I would pay more than most would for one, not thousands but more than an OUYA if I had to. Fantastic designing, classis style, and an improvement tempwise over the stock case. Its no vinyl skin that's for sure.

jimlab7
09-02-2013, 11:05 PM
how do u plan to add extra usb ports?

skylargray
09-03-2013, 12:35 AM
how do u plan to add extra usb ports?

With one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HKIDF2/

You pull this hub out of its case, and I have made accommodations on the front of my mininess case specifically for it.
I have already confirmed that this hub works with the OUYA and my USB thumb drive/card reader.

Manaurys
09-03-2013, 12:53 AM
I hope you can mass produce these i like it pretty much

Shaoranmps

jimlab7
09-03-2013, 06:12 AM
With one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HKIDF2/

You pull this hub out of its case, and I have made accommodations on the front of my mininess case specifically for it.
I have already confirmed that this hub works with the OUYA and my USB thumb drive/card reader.

so do u think a 4way hub would be to much for the ouya?

JerTM
09-03-2013, 05:06 PM
ok, got the usb on order lol I can't wait to see the prototype :D

skylargray
09-03-2013, 09:03 PM
so do u think a 4way hub would be to much for the ouya?

If it's a self-powered hub, it should work fine.
If it relies on the host for power, then you only get 125mA per port. This will cause many devices to not enumerate. It's my understanding that the OUYA is already pretty picky about USB device enumeration as it is, so a 4-port hub just sounds like asking for trouble.

jimlab7
09-03-2013, 09:26 PM
If it's a self-powered hub, it should work fine.
If it relies on the host for power, then you only get 125mA per port. This will cause many devices to not enumerate. It's my understanding that the OUYA is already pretty picky about USB device enumeration as it is, so a 4-port hub just sounds like asking for trouble.

so im finding out xD

so have u found a red led your using for this project and if so what one since im going to buy one i would like to not buy too many wrong ones like i did with my usb hubs xD

skylargray
09-05-2013, 09:41 PM
so have u found a red led your using for this project and if so what one since im going to buy one i would like to not buy too many wrong ones like i did with my usb hubs xD

Lumex SSL-LX3353ID

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=SSL-LX3353IDvirtualkey69600000virtualkey696-SSL-LX3353ID

jimlab7
09-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Lumex SSL-LX3353ID

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=SSL-LX3353IDvirtualkey69600000virtualkey696-SSL-LX3353ID
thanks ^^ i got an idea and went for it and it works had a broke ps2 controller and took the led from it and filed the tip to a lil square and stuck it in and soldered wired to it and works like a dream xD

but tyvm for taking the time to help me out ^^

You wouldn't happen to know what 2 soldering points on the ouya for the power button?

skylargray
09-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Here is where you can solder a power switch (momentary-type ONLY!).
If you use an SPST switch, it will have only two pins. It doesn't matter which pin goes where as long as one pin from the switch is soldered to SW1a, and the other pin is soldered to SW1b.

http://i.imgur.com/IUckbnb.jpg

jimlab7
09-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Here is where you can solder a power switch (momentary-type ONLY!).
If you use an SPST switch, it will have only two pins. It doesn't matter which pin goes where as long as one pin from the switch is soldered to SW1a, and the other pin is soldered to SW1b.

http://i.imgur.com/IUckbnb.jpg

thanks man ^^ cant wait to see how your case comes out

spinal
09-06-2013, 10:18 AM
If you're using an original NES power switch, there's a sort of 'staple' in it, remove that and it becomes momentary. Did it for a PC mod a long time ago.

skylargray
09-12-2013, 03:54 AM
The first prototype arrived. Everything fits as expected.
This thing is super-cute. Haha!

Here are a few photos. I will paint and assemble this weekend.

http://i.imgur.com/XTjTdc0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4KV1VR0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XG4teBE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UlAqzwf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fyiOnHq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aZIoCvj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/btisi11.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9lO57Fn.jpg

dra6onfire
09-12-2013, 06:53 AM
freaking awesome sir. Let us know how heat tests go and definitely post pics of add-ons! I can't wait to see the final version.

spinal
09-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Even unpainted with parts missing, it's the best custom case ever!

Manaurys
09-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Love it is great

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

NML32
09-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Looks very nice!

jimlab7
09-13-2013, 04:12 AM

Very nice as always Cant wait to see how it all turns out ^^

skylargray
09-15-2013, 06:09 AM
I did some stress testing today with XBMC in the completed case.
Temp tops out at 138°F after about 4 hours of streaming 1080p. This is with the Noctua fan.
I'd say the design is thermally sound.

dra6onfire
09-15-2013, 06:12 AM
Thank you sir, I'll take 5

Manaurys
09-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Can we see it painted?

JerTM
09-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Do you have plans to sell these directly? If not, would it be printable by someone with a 3d printer? Either way I want one, so much win here!

spinal
09-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Will the reset button work at all? I can't think of many ways to actually implement it on something that wasn't designed with one in mind.

skylargray
09-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Can we see it painted?
Still working on that. I made the decision to paint the small panels with enamel...dumb idea. Unless you can really really thin it out and paint with an airbrush, it will never cure.
So, I'm stripping and repainting those parts. Photos soon enough.

Do you have plans to sell these directly? If not, would it be printable by someone with a 3d printer?
At this point, I don't want to sell direct. I looked into a Kickstarter campaign, but I just simply don't have enought spare time to dedicate to the project...sourcing vendors, tooling development, fulfillment, warehousing, logistics, etc., etc. It's just too much for a product with such a limited scope.

But, I will make the parts available via Shapeways. I'm working on some geometry optimizations that will reduce the cost.

Will the reset button work at all? I can't think of many ways to actually implement it on something that wasn't designed with one in mind.
I think the best use for the reset button is one of two functions...both fan-related.
(1) Fan on/off. Use a latching switch (ALPS SPPJ225800 (http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ALPS/SPPJ225800/?qs=%2fha2pyFadui4GXxwDXCMn51Zlqis%252bAigHWB%252b GCDag9E%3d)) to connect the fan to the +12V DC input terminal when pressed.

(2) Fan on/auto. Use the same switch to alternate between the fan connected to the normal fan terminal on the board (auto mode) or the fan connected to the +12V DC input terminal with either a transistor or relay connected to the +3.3V un-populated header so that only when the OUYA is powered on will the fan get power from the +12V input (full-on mode).

I really don't recommend option (1) because it requires you to press both switches anytime you want to turn the OUYA on or off. Option (2) is more complicated but much more elegant.

NML32
09-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Have you looked into plastic or vinyl dyes?

skylargray
09-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Have you looked into plastic or vinyl dyes?

Yes. I don't really like the end result with this type of polymer and its surface finish (sintered nylon). The dye accentuates the fuzziness of the surface and tends to rub off easily.
That's just me; some people might like it though.

InvaderGames
09-16-2013, 01:00 AM
I am amazed you managed to make this exactly like you posted in the first post, excellent work!

You could sell the 3d models for printing if you want, im pretty sure someone who has a 3d printer and an OUYA would buy it (If I had a 3d printer, I wouldnt doubt to buy the 3d model, no hesitate!)

JerTM
09-16-2013, 05:34 PM
I am amazed you managed to make this exactly like you posted in the first post, excellent work!

You could sell the 3d models for printing if you want, im pretty sure someone who has a 3d printer and an OUYA would buy it (If I had a 3d printer, I wouldnt doubt to buy the 3d model, no hesitate!)

I am not surprised at all, Skylar clearly knows what he is doing. I have been watching this thread from the beginning, and it's pretty amazing all the time that has been spent on designing this. The thermal design was cool to see. More excited for this than the acutal OUYA lol

modder420
09-20-2013, 04:34 PM
can you post a stl file of this for 3d printers thanks.

spinal
10-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Has there been any progress on this project? I would love to see a couple of photos of the finished case. I assume a lot of us would seriously consider buying one also, although the 'more than an ouya' price seems a little extreme, I assume that cost would come down if plenty of people ordered one?

No updates at all? :(

TheShoeMaker
10-06-2013, 08:17 PM
I have absolutely no experience with 3D models or anything but I had the idea of maybe putting a fake game in the slot that slides out and has a usb hub in it. I don't know if there's room for any of that but I think it would be cool to see. And you could even have a small motor hooked up to the reset button so that it has a use (unless I missed something and it actually does)

Manaurys
10-06-2013, 08:32 PM
What happened i though the project was almost finished

spinal
10-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Nothing at all? :(

Hopes dashed :(

darksakul
11-02-2013, 08:26 PM
I would buy the NES mini case.

Kodi LeAustin Walker
12-12-2013, 04:07 AM
Start a kickstarter! I would easily pay $50 for this.

reskue95
12-14-2013, 12:58 AM
Hey everyone, has anyone had any luck extending the power button as I am current trying a similar project but I am stuck on this issue

And if you start selling these I will defo have one :)

Eucrow
12-31-2013, 06:59 AM
I'm way late to this party, but great job! This is awesome!

iprice
12-31-2013, 10:35 AM

That really is a thing of beauty :)

spinal
01-02-2014, 10:31 AM
So has skylargray just vanished completely? It's a shame, because many of us would have bought this. Sure, someone else could restart the project from scratch, but I bet most people who have the skills to do so probably don't have any motivation to do it :(

Manaurys
01-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Yes he could at least put the files for download and maybe some other person can put this to production

derty
01-02-2014, 06:47 PM

Omg this thing really is incredible.
U really need to mass produce this D:

spinal
01-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Maybe someone would like to take over the project, maybe modify something like this -- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:123660 or even use this -- http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/nintendo-entertainment-c4d-free/582731 as a starting point?

Manaurys
01-13-2014, 08:19 PM
I buy the graphics if someone is gonna make one for me

spinal
01-13-2014, 08:50 PM
I've had a look into doing this myself, although I'm taking smaller-than-baby-steps as I don't know anything about 3D software or whatever needs to be done to prep for 3D printing. I'll start a new thread when and if I have something to show :)

iprice
01-13-2014, 11:29 PM
Well, if you manage to get anything up & running Spinal, give me a shout :)

Manaurys
01-14-2014, 06:36 AM
I've had a look into doing this myself, although I'm taking smaller-than-baby-steps as I don't know anything about 3D software or whatever needs to be done to prep for 3D printing. I'll start a new thread when and if I have something to show :)

Well, if you manage to get anything up & running Spinal, give me a shout :)

Im in too

spinal
01-14-2014, 09:25 PM
If anyone has a 3D printer and a bunch of time/plastic to waste...

Bottom stl (http://socoder.net/uploads/124/NES_Bottom_OUYA.stl.zip)

Here is a first attempt at the bottom half, no vents, nothing other than a partial ouya board mount. If anyone could tell my if the ouya actually fits, that would be great! (I don't have or know anyone who has a 3D printer).

shadow1w2
01-16-2014, 12:32 AM
I highly suggest using something as a base like this holder thing, http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:68766
Just to help with measurements and check sizes etc.

Personally I'd like to see some more original looking designs, maybe top loading types or just generally inspired.

My uses for such a thing would need space for a small external drive and a large USB hub.
In fact I bought a 10 USB hub with a very crappy case for easy modding just for the purpose of making my own console case for the ouya.
Held on to it for most of last year even but didn't get an Ouya till now heh.

Also while I'm at it I'd like to suggest making the case as least complex or solid as possible as printing costs are still high these days.
Least till the 3D printer patent dies out and prices go down. (hopefully)

I may try a design myself but less Nintendo ish.
Definitely flat style perhaps.

spinal
01-16-2014, 09:33 AM
I used the OUYA thingiverse case as a starting point. There should be plenty of space in the above design to fit a 2.5" HDD and USB hub.

Michael Thompson
01-27-2014, 08:50 PM
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!

In all seriousNES this is inspiring and I would buy it instantly.
I liked the micro ATX PC case idea...I LOVE this one.

Paul Laimal-Convoy
02-05-2014, 03:16 AM
I would like to have space for users to easily add a standard (small external usb hub and hard drive ourselves).

The Afroman
06-15-2014, 07:01 AM
My word, did this project die? I would love to get this case.

DrunkPunk
06-16-2014, 06:40 AM
My word, did this project die? I would love to get this case.

Many of us have been wondering...

derty
06-16-2014, 05:24 PM
Ya for real.
Has anybody tried getting in touch with the creator? Or searching for him?

NickyP
06-16-2014, 07:55 PM
I hate to parrot the two above me, but seriously. After seeing the prototype, I really want this thing. I'll throw money at it without hesitation!

Satoshi_Matrix
02-10-2015, 11:40 PM

Dear lord do I want this. Please come back op!

DrunkPunk
02-11-2015, 06:15 AM
Dear lord do I want this. Please come back op!

Everyone else too. He disappeared on us!

Seganintendo
08-04-2015, 05:05 AM
I would pay money to get this , where is this guy

Can somebody reupload the recent pictures in this so I can see them

DrunkPunk
08-04-2015, 07:58 AM
I'm not sure that anyone other than Skylar had the pics.