PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones: Who's ready?

Loey
03-28-2013, 04:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1pbtBX9Kok

So psyched!

Hypercane
03-28-2013, 04:37 PM
The best show on tv!!! Unfortunately I wont watch this show until I have 3 aired episodes. I like doing this one in 3's cause I just can't get enough! Have you tried Viking? Its pretty darn good for a history channel show.

RiotingSpectre
03-28-2013, 09:01 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/077/988/my_body_is_ready.png
To not watch the show.

Loey
03-29-2013, 04:23 AM
To not watch the show.

Gasp! Blasphemy!!!

Magnesus
03-29-2013, 07:29 AM
I already bought stacks of chocolades and sweets to eat while watching. :sulkiness:

d_brennen
03-29-2013, 08:24 AM
So... this is a soap opera? No thanks :)

Magnesus
03-29-2013, 09:19 AM
A soap opera? You can call it that if you wish. It's a soap opera where many die in the end, no one is happy, limbs are cut, faces are slashed and hearts pierced by sharp steel - it's a brutal fantasy story about families clashing to hold the reign over the kingdoms. Read the books first though, the series is a little worse (the books are probably the best fantasy series ever so it's hard to match that!) but still very entertaining and add some content to the whole big story.

d_brennen
03-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Remove the hacking and slashing (well, leave a bit) and you're left with everyone being miserable and families battling for control of the street/square/local boozer/fantasy kingdom. It's Eastenders in fancy dress :D

Each to their own I guess :cool:

Loey
03-29-2013, 03:03 PM

A soap opera? lol. I bet if you actually watched an episode you'd come crawling back here begging for redemption. GoT is a series based on an epic novel that ranks right up there with the likes of LOTR, The Aeneid, Odessy, Dante's Inferno etc; yet you want to sit there and compare it to a "soap opera"?

Words cannot describe how much of a fail that statement was. It's an embarrassment.

Hypercane
03-29-2013, 03:54 PM

A soap Opera for a man!

RiotingSpectre
03-29-2013, 04:46 PM
A soap opera? You can call it that if you wish. It's a soap opera where many die in the end, no one is happy, limbs are cut, faces are slashed and hearts pierced by sharp steel - it's a brutal fantasy story about families clashing to hold the reign over the kingdoms. Read the books first though, the series is a little worse (the books are probably the best fantasy series ever so it's hard to match that!) but still very entertaining and add some content to the whole big story.

Wow, that actually sounds pretty interesting. I'm guessing none of the families wanted to discuss things over tea, no? If I'm a family member then I would probably try to propose some sort of supreme court ideal.

Magnesus
03-29-2013, 04:46 PM
My sister and mother love it, so not only for a man. :)