PDA

View Full Version : Destroy the Reflective Space Turtle

EmpireGamingLLC
03-17-2013, 06:55 AM
Looks like this is the place to do the marketing, so let me roll up my sleeves and get to it. My project is called Destroy the Reflective Space Turtle (http://kck.st/YbZrCQ) and it's about a gigantic space turtle with a reflective shell that lands on the moon and tries to mate with it. This causes the sun to reflect off it's shell and make it daytime all the time... way irritating, I'm sure you can imagine. So your job, as the hero, is to pilot your starship through wave after wave of other reflective minions to make it to the turtle and destroy him. If you've made it this far into the post, take my word for it, this isn't a joke.

The game plays like Space Invaders, Galaga, Galaxion, and the other shooters of that era with one twist to make it a little more challenging : the enemies reflect your shots. The field is encased in mirrors at varying angles, including behind you. The shots, both yours and the enemies will bounce several times on their path to destroy whatever they can. Each enemy has a different behavior pattern and shield type to make the game more interesting. It's based on the old arcade model of create success through simplicity and addiction. The bragging rights of high score and the challenge to constantly best yourself and your friends will keep you coming back for more. The game takes a while to master, but can be picked up by anyone of any age.

The programming is being polished for better performance and the art is being touched up on all areas. At this point we're inviting everyone else to be a part of our first project just as the OUYA invited us to be a part of theirs, through kickstarter. We've achieved our goal of $500 which was to purchase Mono for Android. I'm gonna head over to the kickstarter now and add some stretch goals. I think I'll start with some skill shot bonus levels.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me in this thread or via private message on the forums or over at the kickstarter. My whole job at this point is marketing, so I'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks to all of you who have heard me out, thanks even more to those who show interest, and words can't express the gratitude I have for those who help make my, our, dream a reality by backing the project.

Supes
03-28-2013, 04:34 PM
I have to say, that's one of the weirdest concepts I've seen for a game. But congrats on making your Kickstarter goal, and I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Chris Redden
04-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Heh, Thanks.

I'm one of the developers on the project. Still working on it but a pretty decent bug came up towards the end there that we wanted to make sure was quashed before finishing the remaining items.

This was actually what we came up with for the Game Jam, but was unable to get it in a good spot before the deadline for that. It's had a lot of work done on it since then, though.

elizabitcrusher
04-05-2013, 06:52 PM
This sounds ridiculous and awesome—exactly the sort of absurd concepts games should explore. I'd love to see more images here in this thread, as the game progresses. I'll definitely keep checking in.
I'd also like to see more sussed out concept art. Right now the idea is really ambitious so I want to see your designers and developers really kicking butt and turning out super high quality stuff. That's what will really sell me. I think that I, like most people, are sold on the first images, so the more finalized and complete things look, the more this will seem like a project that has unstoppable momentum and a really strong team behind it.
I hope this makes sense.
Keep up the amazing work!