PDA

View Full Version : Remote Game Feedback.

RiotingSpectre
05-27-2015, 02:55 AM
Hello,

Everyone here desires some sort of feedback on Discover in the details page of a respective game because stars don't do much to help us determine whether or not something is good. Furthermore, it still leaves a lot of things in the dark like bugs, digital rights management, & numerous other things. I've talked about a feedback feature a long time ago and I believe I looked at it from the wrong angle. Instead of submitting feedback from the console itself, how about we instead write it on a game's page on OUYA.tv? For example I could write how Ittle Dew is "X" & "Y" which OUYA.tv will then show on a new menu in a game's details page once selected by the consumer.

You can then upvote or downvote a particular feedback submission which will determine how it's seen similar to how Amazon.com has their system set up. This is just a rough version of the idea and I know it can work if OUYA Incorporate is willing to implement it. Hopefully the new website has this idea already in place, or something similar since it's desperately needed.

chicgamer
05-27-2015, 03:23 AM
You already know this, but I think this is a great idea and I'd love to see it implemented.

Warzard
05-27-2015, 03:45 AM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/1FTNL/well-this-is-just-a-no-brainer/image.jpg

Why they haven't done this already is odd, since it's a pretty standard practice.

DrunkPunk
05-27-2015, 07:14 AM
Agreed. I think there should be a character limit for submissions and if a submission gets, say, 5 downvotes it is automatically hidden from view. That should cut down on the stupidity a bit.

Jeffry84
05-27-2015, 09:32 AM
Sounds like the comments section on many sites, GOG has a similar feature on any game's page just to remain on the videogames topic. Small reviews which can be up- or downvoted (or found useful, or whatever), so I agree with you, Riot, it's indeed a useful feature to have.

Schizophretard
05-27-2015, 09:43 AM
I like the idea.

I think there should be a character limit for submissions...

Or maybe not... ;)

DrunkPunk
05-27-2015, 09:52 AM
Or maybe not... ;)

I mean on the low end, haha! Make them have to be at least 30 characters or so to keep out the inevitable "sux" comments and give us something with meat. Of course the morons will just fill up the space with extra characters but the majority will be too lazy to do even that I bet.

Schizophretard
05-27-2015, 10:57 AM
I mean on the low end, haha! Make them have to be at least 30 characters or so to keep out the inevitable "sux" comments and give us something with meat. Of course the morons will just fill up the space with extra characters but the majority will be too lazy to do even that I bet.

This.

Eldon.McGuinness
05-28-2015, 01:19 AM
Just to play Devil's advocate here for a second, who would be reviewing these messages to ensure they are appropriate and not someone just typing in hate speech or other less than favourable things?

RiotingSpectre
05-28-2015, 01:25 AM
Just to play Devil's advocate here for a second, who would be reviewing these messages to ensure they are appropriate and not someone just typing in hate speech or other less than favourable things?

I imagine a filter would be put in place for all caps, harsh language, flooding, and any other potential things that shouldn't be shown. Furthermore, I doubt that there would be enough where someone can't take 30 minutes out of their harsh day of doing nothing while getting paid to where it would cause an issue.

DrunkPunk
05-28-2015, 07:38 AM

I imagine a filter would be put in place for all caps, harsh language, flooding, and any other potential things that shouldn't be shown. Furthermore, I doubt that there would be enough where someone can't take 30 minutes out of their harsh day of doing nothing while getting paid to where it would cause an issue.

That's also where a downvote system would work well. Could also do something along the lines of automatically deleting comments with too many downvotes or that have been been up for a set amount of time after being downvoted.

Schizophretard
05-28-2015, 07:55 AM
That's also where a downvote system would work well. Could also do something along the lines of automatically deleting comments with too many downvotes or that have been been up for a set amount of time after being downvoted.

Maybe some things on the user end like parental controls for cussing, only allowing ones to show with thumbs up, etc.

DrunkPunk
05-28-2015, 08:01 AM
Maybe some things on the user end like parental controls for cussing, only allowing ones to show with thumbs up, etc.

Excellent ideas. :)

RiotingSpectre
05-28-2015, 07:47 PM
As for the voting topic in this thread. A weighted sum of helpful to unhelpful ratio would be good enough. It, however, wouldn't be in affect until a month so that new comments don't immediately get hidden because of downvotes or voting abuse. If the ratio is poor enough after this set amount of time then it will automatically get trashed. I could go into more detail or give variations to the idea, but you get the point.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/1FTNL/well-this-is-just-a-no-brainer/image.jpg

Why they haven't done this already is odd, since it's a pretty standard practice.

In the company's defense, this was the only real opportunity for them to implement such an idea. Sure, they could have done it in the past, but they decided to have someone create a website for them that was beyond primitive and refused to make any changes thus far.

DrunkPunk
05-29-2015, 06:05 AM
Waiting a month would mean that offensive and ridiculous comments would just sit there. There's always going to be abuse, no matter what anyone tries to do, and in this instance it would be good to err on the side of caution from a business standpoint.

Jeffry84
05-29-2015, 07:41 AM
Waiting a month would mean that offensive and ridiculous comments would just sit there. There's always going to be abuse, no matter what anyone tries to do, and in this instance it would be good to err on the side of caution from a business standpoint.
Ok, than now we need the guidelines and rules for the comments, and a "report post" button for those who don't follow them. Swears, hate speach, YouTube-like BS (read any comment there and you'll know what I mean) and similar stuff should all be reported, so that they don't stay there for too long.

DrunkPunk
05-29-2015, 07:47 AM
Ok, than now we need the guidelines and rules for the comments, and a "report post" button for those who don't follow them. Swears, hate speach, YouTube-like BS (read any comment there and you'll know what I mean) and similar staff should all be reported, so that they don't stay there for too long.

Agreed.

Eldon.McGuinness
05-30-2015, 03:03 AM
One thing that I did not see mentioned was the fact that people do not all speak english, this means the console will have to either have a comment language section—to pick and choose what languages one would like to see on the device—or it would have to just use the language the console is configured for to select the language.

This also means the job of filtering comments would get that much harder, it is hard enough to regex out bad words in one language without hitting false positives, adding in other languages will make it that much more hectic.

I'm not saying this is not a great idea, but it definitely needs to be fleshed out a bit. The fact that you can still only rate games via the OUYA Overlay is a daft issue that should be fixed before this IMHO.

Schizophretard
05-30-2015, 08:53 AM
The fact that you can still only rate games via the OUYA Overlay is a daft issue that should be fixed before this IMHO.

While also taking out the game recommendations or whatever it is that causes it to load slow. It feels like pausing a game but the pause menu has to be loaded by floppy disk first. It is also frustration when you tap too many times and then as it is loading you unintentionally go back into the game just to have to double tap all over again.

Eldon.McGuinness
05-30-2015, 11:50 PM
Agreed, or at least have it pick the games and cache the data when the game is LAUNCHED instead of when the menu comes up.

Schizophretard
05-31-2015, 10:30 AM
Agreed, or at least have it pick the games and cache the data when the game is LAUNCHED instead of when the menu comes up.

That would be better but they just feel like poorly implemented targeted ads that at most give recommendations that are the equivalent of the dev pages. I don't want ads in my "default pause menu" that became a default pause menu because there is no enforced standard for a pause button and I don't want to try to find the correct one when I hear the most terrifying scream across the house,"Honey!". So, I use the default one that is still not very user friendly. They can turn featured into personalized targeted adds if they want but my pause/system menu button should open up to needed functions and do so easily. It could just open up to a clone of the game description page with the extras like sleep, turn off controller, rantings, etc. added and have those things also in the game description pages even if I'm not viewing them while paused. That would kill two birds with one stone because you could leave ratings in game description pages because they would be identical to the pause/system menu for that game.

rosse119
06-03-2015, 11:01 AM
Great idea this, its hard without feedback, star ratings alone don't help a developer to improve.