PDA

View Full Version : OUYA should partner with Edx or Coursera for an Android Dev Class.

Eldon.McGuinness
05-12-2015, 04:38 PM

Note, I made this poll open for everyone to see so OUYA could see just who, if anyone :/, thinks this is a good idea. Please do not let this discourage you from voting though!

Rhellik
05-12-2015, 09:02 PM
What is " EDX OR COURSERA " ?

Warzard
05-12-2015, 10:30 PM
I voted yes, and this should have been part of their strategy from the beginning: I could have seen middle school, high school, and college courses in brick and mortar schools too. They could have done what Apple had done, but with Android programming.

Eldon.McGuinness
05-12-2015, 11:38 PM
They are MOOCs, what are MOOCs you ask?

A massive open online course (MOOC /muːk/) is an online course aimed at unlimited participation and open access via the web. In addition to traditional course materials such as filmed lectures, readings, and problem sets, many MOOCs provide interactive user forums to support community interactions between students, professors, and teaching assistants (TAs). MOOCs are a recent and widely researched development in distance education which was first introduced in 2008 and emerged as a popular mode of learning in 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_open_online_course

Essentially they are websites that have a large number of topics for which they offer FULL classes.