PDA

View Full Version : [Ended] Ravensword 50% Off Until April 28th

Killswitch
04-21-2015, 04:20 AM
http://s26.postimg.org/s4djt71i1/raven50.png (https://www.ouya.tv/game/Ravensword-Shadowlands/)

Ravensword: Shadowlands 50% Off

$9.99
$5.00

RiotingSpectre
04-21-2015, 04:33 AM
I already bought this game a long time ago. Don't let the prologue ruin the game for you. It's unoptimized and doesn't reflect the game's quality from thereon. Trust me.

DrunkPunk
04-21-2015, 05:11 AM
I already bought this game a long time ago. Don't let the prologue ruin the game for you. It's unoptimized and doesn't reflect the game's quality from thereon. Trust me.

The camera control killed it for me. Maybe I will give it a second try now that it is on sale again...

RiotingSpectre
04-21-2015, 06:35 AM
The camera control killed it for me. Maybe I will give it a second try now that it is on sale again...

The camera in the game is just fine. Give it another whirl.

anatomality
04-21-2015, 11:04 AM
Well... I'm on board.

Outlander999
04-21-2015, 03:43 PM
5 dollars is too much for what I seen.
Sorry, Nope.

wienersoup
04-21-2015, 06:14 PM
Sorry, Nope.

Really? The ouya has a ton of games that are more costly with, well, a lot less substance, and never go on sale. I probably had at least 15-20 hours in this game. Its like a mini elder scrolls. I feel like its a necessity for the ouya library as it shows that large scale games with good graphics have a place on it. $5 is definitely worth it. Youre missing out.

DrunkPunk
04-21-2015, 06:59 PM
Even though I remember not liking it, I totally agree that it is worth the price. Wienersoup is on-point there. Even at full price it is worth it and you get your money's worth if you're into adventure games.

Isaac H.
04-21-2015, 09:04 PM
At full price this is a great deal. At 50% off it's a no-brainer!

Outlander999
04-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Really? The ouya has a ton of games that are more costly with, well, a lot less substance, and never go on sale. I probably had at least 15-20 hours in this game. Its like a mini elder scrolls. I feel like its a necessity for the ouya library as it shows that large scale games with good graphics have a place on it. $5 is definitely worth it. Youre missing out.

I played only the demo, a year ago, and I found it too rough for my taste.
A truly bad impression. Bad frames per sec, and terrible gameplay.

Months ago the game was almost free with a bundle (maybe Humble Bundle, or Royal, I don't remember) but still I not wanted it.
I prefer to buy something I find interesting, giving the 5 dollars to another OUYA developer.

That's my choice :)

Eldon.McGuinness
04-22-2015, 12:52 AM
Since you suggested it, I'll give it a try!

RiotingSpectre
04-22-2015, 01:32 AM
Sorry, Nope.

I played only the demo, a year ago, and I found it too rough for my taste.
A truly bad impression. Bad frames per sec, and terrible gameplay.

Months ago the game was almost free with a bundle (maybe Humble Bundle, or Royal, I don't remember) but still I not wanted it.
I prefer to buy something I find interesting, giving the 5 dollars to another OUYA developer.

That's my choice :)

You have disgraced all the Italians! Shame on you. Shame I say! In all seriousness, Ravensword: Shadowlands is a fantastic game and my first post in this thread made sure that the demo wasn't to have reflect the game's overall quality after it has been completed.

The framerate is smooth, the combat has as much depth as Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (with slight watering down), the environments are beautiful, there are a lot of enemies, a good amount of quests, and a lot of other great stuff. Paying $5 bucks for it is a steal. I'd even pay $15 for it. I implore you to spend the money and see what the game is made of.

Since you suggested it, I'll give it a try!

The game has DRM, by the way. If you're in the main starting city and don't have an active internet connection while attempting to leave then you'll get the purchasing prompt. However, if you're anywhere else in the game then it won't bug you. As such, it's the least aggressive DRM I've ever seen. I actually forgot the game had it because it's so relaxed for lack of a better word.

Killswitch
04-22-2015, 01:54 AM
Looks like a lot of people are still sitting on the fence here. Don't sit on the fence too long, you'll get splinters.

anatomality
04-22-2015, 02:48 AM
It's pretty good. Pick up Love as well. And gravi! Just buy everything actually.

Mr. J
04-22-2015, 02:51 AM
It's pretty good. Pick up Love as well. And gravi! Just buy everything actually.

I approve this message. :)

RiotingSpectre
04-22-2015, 02:51 AM

Sit down & have a drink, anatomality. We need to discuss your spending habit.

anatomality
04-22-2015, 02:54 AM
Sit down & have a drink, anatomality. We need to discuss your spending habit.
Can we talk about my drinking as well?

I approve this message. :)
Oh. Lord. I have official OUYA approval. Get out of my way peasants. :)

Killswitch
04-22-2015, 03:14 AM

Nice sales pitch. Speaking of Gravi, might be time for some people to give their opinion on that one.

Starfighter
04-22-2015, 08:30 AM
I am one of those that tried the demo and was thoroughly put off by it. I felt exactly as Outlander999. Well, I still do. But if Riot says the game is smoother longer down the road then I absolutely believe it is. So, I am indeed on the fence right now. Are there any gameplay of the OUYA version from other parts of the game than the demo? I haven't searched Otakupunk's channel yet, maybe he has something...

DrunkPunk
04-22-2015, 09:32 AM
After playing it again, I know what pissed me off; it was that every time you moved the camera even slightly while running he would start to crab-walk to the side. Felt very clunky and pulled me out of the game.

RiotingSpectre
04-22-2015, 09:48 AM
I am one of those that tried the demo and was thoroughly put off by it. I felt exactly as Outlander999. Well, I still do. But if Riot says the game is smoother longer down the road then I absolutely believe it is. So, I am indeed on the fence right now. Are there any gameplay of the OUYA version from other parts of the game than the demo? I haven't searched Otakupunk's channel yet, maybe he has something...

It has a consistent framerate after the prologue. I'm saddened by this because it undoubtedly turned people away from the game as evident by this thread.

After playing it again, I know what pissed me off; it was that every time you moved the camera even slightly while running he would start to crab-walk to the side. Felt very clunky and pulled me out of the game.

His movement is fine for me.

Outlander999
04-22-2015, 02:17 PM
Dear Spectre, your words for the game are so sincere and kind... BUT I'm the person that HATED with all my hearth the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for its boring gameplay and its uninspired story.
And, I'm truly sorry for Ravensword, but the combat system seems just ugly to me, many ways worse than Oblivion. No chance to buy it.
If I must say words that will warm your heart, so... my 5 dollars will go to RADIANGAMES new titles. Luke Schneider deserves my money.
And yours.
And other's money.

Luke Schneider for President.

P.s.
Matteo Renzi shamed all italians, not me XD

SHISH!!!
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0KJZEH2jn8

Starfighter
04-28-2015, 03:56 PM
I forgot to buy this, let's hope it's still for sale on the very date. Starting up my OUYA right away. :D

Edit: I made it in time. Downloading it right now. ^^

crab-walk
His movement is fine for me.

It's not the camera stick that does that, it's the left stick. If you walk forward he has a certain speed, and if you turn ever so gently to either side, then he starts to walk sideways and lose a lot of speed in the process. It's actually pretty annoying. It makes me always just move straight forward and use the camera as my direction. And the camera is too heavy, it takes a bit of time to get it to move at top speed, and then it gains this awkward momentum to it that makes it continue to move a bit after I let go os the stick. Much like Mario on ice, for example.

I have a lot of bad and good to say about this, so expect a review when I'm done!

anatomality
04-28-2015, 04:19 PM
Putting sensitivity all the way up helped a bit for me.

RiotingSpectre
04-28-2015, 06:10 PM
It's not the camera stick that does that, it's the left stick. If you walk forward he has a certain speed, and if you turn ever so gently to either side, then he starts to walk sideways and lose a lot of speed in the process. It's actually pretty annoying. It makes me always just move straight forward and use the camera as my direction. And the camera is too heavy, it takes a bit of time to get it to move at top speed, and then it gains this awkward momentum to it that makes it continue to move a bit after I let go os the stick. Much like Mario on ice, for example.

I have a lot of bad and good to say about this, so expect a review when I'm done!

It controls just like any other game in the same genre. Just hold up on the left analog stick to move forward and turn the camera with the right analog stick to turn your direction. Left and right for the left stick is strafing. Haven't you guys ever played Skyrim? Don't give the game a bad rap for something that's not even a problem, nor unique to it.

Starfighter
04-28-2015, 06:40 PM
I've played Skyrim and the sidestepping in that game isn't as slow. It only needs to be a tad faster. Then it'll be fine. :)