PDA

View Full Version : [Ended] Final Fantasy III 50% Off Until April 21st

Killswitch
04-14-2015, 03:23 AM
http://s26.postimg.org/l0hse4fa1/finalfantasy50.png (https://www.ouya.tv/game/final-fantasy-iii/)

Final Fantasy III

50% Off

$15.99 $8.00

DrunkPunk
04-14-2015, 05:08 AM
Only the second time. Everyone better jump on it!

RiotingSpectre
04-14-2015, 05:18 AM
Only the second time. Everyone better jump on it!

Second time? I think this game has been on sale almost five times. I know at least twice before we started this section.

DrunkPunk
04-14-2015, 06:47 AM
Really? Only the last 50% sale must have caught my attention then.

Just as a note for those who do not know, his game does have crippling DRM. Definitely worth the sale price though!

RiotingSpectre
04-14-2015, 07:09 AM

Just as a note for those who do not know, his game does have crippling DRM. Definitely worth the sale price though!

Define "crippling". Upon start-up or during the entirety of your gameplay session?

Schizophretard
04-14-2015, 07:11 AM
It is worth the price.

Starfighter
04-14-2015, 08:09 AM
Interesting... I've missed the other sales because I always hesitate in the last minute and read a couple of reviews that says the game is old school in the wrong way and that it's one of the weakest Final Fantasy's and... Yeah. And then when the sale is over I always go "but... but... I've played all the other RPG's on the OUYA, why didn't I get it?". Let's hope I buy it this time! :D

Killswitch
04-14-2015, 09:18 AM

Crippling? Does it break your legs in 15 spots? I can still walk, guess I got lucky.

DrunkPunk
04-14-2015, 09:30 AM
Define "crippling". Upon start-up or during the entirety of your gameplay session?

Upon startup. You have to have an active connection or it goes into demo mode.

Crippling? Does it break your legs in 15 spots? I can still walk, guess I got lucky.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/25/2588e03f345ea2ffed3392ab0145c60434af000390e8976265 cdd8b70418e3c5.jpg

Starfighter
04-14-2015, 09:32 AM
I can kind of understand what he means! I bring my OUYA to friends houses sometimes and sometimes they don't have wifi or a free ethernet cable and then all the online-check-games become crippled in the sense that they don't work. And I have to go "well, take my word for it, it's great!" and they go "right.... *forgets about it*".

Killswitch
04-14-2015, 10:10 AM
You would think that in this day and age that something like that would not be a problem.

DrunkPunk
04-14-2015, 11:01 AM
You would think that in this day and age that something like that would not be a problem.

Squeenix is terrible about their IP.

Killswitch
04-14-2015, 12:07 PM
Squeenix is terrible about their IP.

I meant the internet issue but nevermind that. It's on sale. Go buy it.

RiotingSpectre
04-14-2015, 12:40 PM
Interesting... I've missed the other sales because I always hesitate in the last minute and read a couple of reviews that says the game is old school in the wrong way and that it's one of the weakest Final Fantasy's and... Yeah. And then when the sale is over I always go "but... but... I've played all the other RPG's on the OUYA, why didn't I get it?". Let's hope I buy it this time! :D

I'm experiencing the exact same thing right now. A part of me wants to buy it because I love RPG games & the fact that there really isn't any on the OUYA, but there are also deterring things like the game itself being more than a penny to purchase. What to do, what to do...

Upon startup. You have to have an active connection or it goes into demo mode.

Hmm, I see.

Eldon.McGuinness
04-14-2015, 03:12 PM
I'm experiencing the exact same thing right now. A part of me wants to buy it because I love RPG games & the fact that there really isn't any on the OUYA, but there are also deterring things like the game itself being more than a penny to purchase. What to do, what to do...

Personally I refuse to buy games that do Online only DRM, though OUYA makes this hard since devs do not need to disclose the DRM strategy used before purchase, vote with your wallet and maybe these people will change their mind on the current DRM strategy. Then again the OUYA docs could be updated to make it a bit clearer that using an offline token is ok as well. I guess what I'm saying is don't do it...

I've fallen victim to the DRM game with Peir Solar and Pizza Boy, but I'm waiting on asking for a refund for Peir Solar until the next game update. I hear that the DRM issue may be no more at that point. If not I will be seeking a refund. Pizza Boy I'm stuck with as I got too long ago to honestly ask for a refund, lesson learned.

anatomality
04-14-2015, 03:16 PM
I bought this... I'll have to take sick leave from work to a actually play it though

Negative Zero
04-14-2015, 11:53 PM
This is a great rpg worth the price, especially if it's on sale. One of the best, if not the best, rpgs on the OUYA. Highly recommended.

RiotingSpectre
04-18-2015, 08:26 AM
I decided to skip out on purchasing this.

Killswitch
04-18-2015, 12:12 PM
If you don't have the game yet, now is the time to get it. Well, any time is the time to get it but now it's on sale.