PDA

View Full Version : OUYA EVERYWHERE IDEA - Put it as a APP for PC, MAC and LINUX and other systems

sorath72
10-20-2014, 12:40 AM
Ouya platform running on PC, MAC and LINUX systems would make the everywhere part stretch even further. Putting it as an app like the tegra zone on the android google market and IOS market such as a app that streams also your games from the pc to the ouya box.

OUYA EVERYWHERE to me means exactly what it means. An app running on multiple platform. A store that runs on multiple platform. Give developers more freedom to see there games run on a really great piece of hardware or run on a mediocre piece of hardware. Also why doesn't a ouya remote control work on a tablet or phone? Its bluetooth technology that I know of. So let it be FREE for all to work with any and all devices that has bluetooth technology such as but not limited to linux, mac and of course PC. Making it a power house of a gaming console you design and work with yourself.

Killswitch
10-20-2014, 03:54 AM
I think that is a bad idea. So it can end up on every phone or other device?
There is a reason it's controlled even though it allows for tablets....

Starfighter
10-20-2014, 09:13 AM
I don't understand Killswitch, can't it be "controlled" on phones as well?

Killswitch
10-20-2014, 10:49 AM
How would it be controlled if it's just thrown everywhere. From the very beginning people kept saying OUYA is just phone games on your TV, why would they want it on phones? Why would anyone want to play games on their phone anyway. At that point then what is the point of OUYA if it's on everything under the sun. If it's done in a controlled manner then it's where OUYA wants it to be. Notice all these agreements so far are exactly that, agreements.

Juuzou
10-20-2014, 04:44 PM
I like this idea. It would be like having steam on your phone, only this is ouya on your pc.

Devs need a pc to make games anyway and some devs put their work on steam. If ouya goes to pc too it could be another easy way for devs to publish games and get famous.

Nitrogen_Widget
10-20-2014, 05:59 PM
It really baffles me why people keep ignoring that google play is for small touch screens & Ouya is for large screens with controllers and act like the two are interchangeable.
They aren't.

People that want to cross the streams like this have either never really tried to play touchscreen games on ouya or controller games on their phone or have way too much free time on their hands to configure tin core or some other mapping app to play those games.

because anyone who thinks Play games on the whole just work on ouya or think ouya games on the whole will just work on their phone are deluding themselves.

Victor Coleiro
10-20-2014, 11:21 PM
Sounds like a reasonable idea, after all, its called Ouya Everywhere

Who cares what device you have it on as long as you can play the games with a controller either on the devices screen, or connected to a TV/monitor

Killswitch
10-21-2014, 02:57 AM
Well, I'll bow out on this one. You guys can continue on.

flamepanther
10-21-2014, 03:49 AM
Didn't OUYA previously say that the eventual plan was to release an installable APK for any generic Android device? If they still plan on doing that, then expanding to PCs shouldn't be an issue from that standpoint. The trick would be implementing the Android API on top of Linux and Cygwin etc. in a user-friendly way that doesn't violate any licenses.