PDA

View Full Version : Localization of the game description

Jeffry84
10-14-2014, 07:35 AM
I thought that along with the interface, the game descriptions could be separated in different files (description-en, description-de, description-it...) so that also that could be localized without writing them in sequence (some games do it, although it's rare). If no localized file is found, then the description would default to English. What do you think?

flamepanther
10-14-2014, 07:35 AM
Makes sense to me.

tozeleal
10-14-2014, 07:54 AM
I thought that along with the interface, the game descriptions could be separated in different files (description-en, description-de, description-it...) so that also that could be localized without writing them in sequence (some games do it, although it's rare). If no localized file is found, then the description defaults to English. What do you think?

Its a very good idea... I think we can make deferent apks like game_en.apk , game_fr.apk, game_pt.apk

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Jeffry84
10-14-2014, 08:07 AM
Its a very good idea... I think we can make deferent apks like game_en.apk , game_fr.apk, game_pt.apk

Some games are already localized, some even respond to the system's language. A translation file for the different lines is enough, there's no need for different apks.

tozeleal
10-14-2014, 08:13 AM
I don't know if construct 2 can do this :S

TheDavyStar
10-14-2014, 10:34 AM
That would make sense. It's weird that this console is so English orientated, even in non-Enlgish speaking countries.

Schizophretard
10-14-2014, 10:42 AM
That would make sense. It's weird that this console is so English orientated, even in non-Enlgish speaking countries.

Yep, needs to be localized for all the languages to all the countries it is in.