PDA

View Full Version : Wireless PS3 Knockoff Controller

ajb999
09-28-2014, 05:05 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390811985063?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I ordered this controller about a week ago when it was $9.75 with free shipping. When I looked today they have raised the price $2.

Anyways, onto the controller itself. You must have it in pairing mode when the OUYA boots to get it to pair the first time. It will then pair anytime after that but does not seem to power off on its own. I let it sit connected for around 30 min and it was still on. It can also be used as a wired controller using a mini USB to USB cable. The buttons are mapped correctly including the center menu button, select, and start. I've tested it on 10-15 games and it worked with all of them perfectly. Seems to have no lag at all compared to an OUYA controller. I only experience a tiny bit of lag w/ the OUYA controller that is only noticeable when playing platformers like super pixalo, Mario type games.

I tested it on a silver/grey Ouya. Would definitely recommend this controller as it's a great deal at $10-12 shipped.

Edit: Found that holding the center button for 10 seconds turns the controller off. Also on one of my ouyas I had to pair with USB then restart to be able to pair over Bluetooth.

Chickenlump
09-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up!
I haven't been able to afford an authentic PS3 controller, and my last attempt to get one resulted in a very well constructed look-alike that didn't work.

trizznilla
09-29-2014, 01:08 AM
Could you test it with Shadowblade? My ps3 controller works with other games, but Shadowblade swaps square for triangle and I can't friggin' stand it.

ajb999
09-29-2014, 03:47 AM
This controller does the same thing because it uses the ps3 keylayout file. From what I've learned trying different controllers with this game I believe it looks for specific controllers and sets the hex codes for those controllers to in-game actions. It would seem that they have the 2 buttons switched in their code. You can change the kl file to work with this game(tested) but then the buttons are wrong for every other game. Best bet would be to contact the developer. Should be an easy and quick fix if they're willing to do it. I could be completely wrong though as I haven't looked at the code.