PDA

View Full Version : Gifting system

Killswitch
09-17-2014, 04:47 AM
Going to keep it short, there should be a gifting system in place. It can be for OUYA cash, games, whatever. If I want to send a friend $1 then it could be that or if I want to send a game to a friend. Though it would be easier through some kind of network instead of sending it somewhere for someone else to complete the transaction.

RiotingSpectre
09-17-2014, 05:22 AM
Yeah, this would be a handy feature. Steven7 was talking about how he was only a few cents short on buying Pier Solar HD when it comes out and I would like to give him the change necessary in order for him to purchase it on the fly. A prompt similar to what you get after a OUYA update finished giving you details on who sent you the present and what it is on system start-up would be amazing. I think this could be one of the most amazing and kind features ever implemented if it get implemented.

Schizophretard
09-17-2014, 07:39 AM
Something like this would be kind of cool. I would be interested in exactly how it would work though.

DrunkPunk
09-17-2014, 08:08 AM
I've been assuming that a gifting system would be implemented within the social update.

Killswitch
09-21-2014, 07:22 PM
I've been assuming that a gifting system would be implemented within the social update.

Thanks for killing the mood man...

Schiz, basically if there was a network of some kind and you had the name of a friend, then you could send cash or games. Very simple concept. RS gave an example, if a friend needs a few cents or something then you could send it and not have to jump through hoops, buy a credit, mail it to them or give the code, etc. Basically direct gifting.

Eldon.McGuinness
09-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Would be great if I could gift games that I bought and decided I will never play again instead of waiting for them to bit-rot, re-gifting anyone? :P

Killswitch
09-22-2014, 05:59 PM
Didn't want it to be Christmas fruitcake but I guess that works too.

Eldon.McGuinness
09-22-2014, 06:33 PM
Didn't want it to be Christmas fruitcake but I guess that works too.

Heh, I'd welcome an OUYA game rather than a fruitcake! Heck, even a free game would be better than that!

mmartino
09-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Heh, I'd welcome an OUYA game rather than a fruitcake! Heck, even a free game would be better than that!

Idk about that! I make a damn tasty fruitcake lol

Jeffry84
09-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Or even buying a game for someone else, who would find a code in his or her email. I gave to a friend of mine a GOG game this way once.

Eldon.McGuinness
09-22-2014, 10:09 PM
Or even buying a game for someone else, who would find a code in his or her email. I gave to a friend of mine a GOG game this way once.

pair that with some sort of email on the ouya and it would be great!

Jeffry84
10-11-2014, 07:48 AM
I gave a quick search but didn't find anything about this (just for backers): I was thinking that from ouya.tv (https://www.ouya.tv/games/) one could buy games not only for her or himself but also as a code to be sent through email as a gift, maybe with a message, say "Happy Birthday!". Wouldn't it be nice?

Juuzou
10-11-2014, 07:53 AM
Steam has something like that.

What is a Steam Gift?

When you purchase a game on Steam, we offer the option to “gift” the item to anyone you choose, whether or not the recipient is a current Steam user. The recipient will receive the gift as an attractive e-mail card with a personal message from you and instructions to redeem the game.

A Steam gift purchase is a one-time transfer—after the recipient has activated and installed the game, it is a non-refundable game in his or her Steam games collection. Also note that you may only gift new purchases—you may not transfer games you already own. That’d be like wrapping up and presenting the toaster you’ve used every morning for the past year.

Jeffry84
10-11-2014, 07:55 AM
Steam has something like that.

So does GOG ;)
The difference is that with Ouya the recipient would need the console or an Ouya Everywhere compatible device.

EDIT: lol, threads merged, and I even partecipated to the previous one. Alzheimer : Jeffry - 1 : 0.