PDA

View Full Version : They Are Everywhere - Retro 80's arcade shmup

refreshcreations
07-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Coming Soon to your OUYA, lots of levels of arcade arena action!

http://youtu.be/mgQvlUoFTpY

More details and devlog on the website - http://they-are-everywhere.co.uk/

Any questions, let me know :)

tuba
07-21-2014, 10:51 PM
I can't wait to play it!! Looks great!

refreshcreations
07-28-2014, 12:23 PM
Added some more support for alternative input devices over the weekend, nothing too OUYA centric sadly but as this will be a multi-platform release, keyboard, mouse and touch support are pretty much required!

Starfighter
07-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Hm... I wonder how many gamers would hook up keyboard and mouse just to play a game. Then again, this is the OUYA community, we're not known to wuss out on the experimenting/going the extra mile! :)

xAD
08-01-2014, 05:52 AM
Proper arcade action! Lovely!

refreshcreations
09-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Apologies for not keeping everyone up-to-date on this forum, bad Ryan!

Between parenting and my day-job of web development there's been little bits of time where I've been able to sit down and code away. Also, to get the last few bits of spritework up and running in the game. Nearly finished coding in the final boss last night which is good news. There's Easy and Normal Difficulty Modes in there, a roster of achievements, unlockables and...still lots to do, glad that the main game is completed through, 26 levels takes a long time when you only occasionally moonlight as a game dev!

Got some box-art underway also, there's a couple of audio bugs in the game left to fix, drawing up the endings and credits and coding up some unlocks. then final testing, promotion and release!

Wish it was my day job y'know :P

In-progress box art pic below.

refreshcreations
09-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Quickie update:

The main game is pretty much complete, 26 levels, 7 boss fights, just need to finish writing up the endings, unlockables, hidden items, etc and a few other custom bits then it should be ready to go!

Might have to push the release date back a bit though sadly, I'm getting about 6 hours a week to do any form of game development currently :(