PDA

View Full Version : Two girls tried to kill a friend to please Slender Man

Starfighter
06-03-2014, 10:59 AM
"Prosecutors say two 12-year-old southeastern Wisconsin girls stabbed their 12-year-old friend nearly to death in the woods to please a mythological creature they learned about online."

Full article (http://bigstory.ap.org/article/12-year-old-wisconsin-girls-stab-friend-19-times)

RiotingSpectre
06-03-2014, 11:04 AM
If they were trying to appease anyone including become servants then they should have done this for me. In all seriousness, these two kids are obviously messed up in the head. However, the court won't see that as they'll blame it on video games like they always do.

SwiftIllusion
06-03-2014, 01:50 PM
This is a terribly sad news article, it's also another reason why I believe there shouldn't be such easy ways out of crimes for 'kids' under a certain age. I do NOT want people that crazy to be growing up and likely causing greater acts of crime with more victims.

Pat1986
06-03-2014, 02:28 PM
bad parenting.

Kaimega
06-03-2014, 04:53 PM
bad parenting.

I wouldn't even say that... Psychopathy develops at a young age (3 being average). It is also hard to detect in young children. One of the girls could have completely flown under the radar and the other was probably a follower OR didn't realize it was going to go that far.

Here is a quote from the article:
Both girls were charged as adults with first-degree attempted homicide Monday in Waukesha County Circuit Court; they each face up to 60 years in prison if convicted. A court commissioner set bail at $500,000 cash per child. According to a criminal complaint, the girls had been planning to kill their friend for months and finally made the attempt in a park on Saturday morning, after a slumber party.

The stabbing was planned for months, which is first-degree, on top of that they are being charged as adults, so they will get the adult penalty if deemed guilty. Too bad for the friend though..

Starfighter
06-03-2014, 06:08 PM
At first I was eager to agree with Pat1986, but you bring up a valid point Kaimega. But we can't really know for sure either way without more information I guess.

Steven W. Hunt
06-03-2014, 07:45 PM
I can't even imagine how Eric Knudsen feels about someone using his creation as a scapegoat.

Kaimega
06-03-2014, 08:29 PM
I can't even imagine how Eric Knudsen feels about someone using his creation as a scapegoat.

That is all the one girl is using Slenderman for I believe. Nothing but a mere scapegoat. The other girl already squealed saying that this was in talks for months. Where as the one that claimed so was saying she was following Slenderman's orders. Probably to get a way to plead insanity.

RiotingSpectre
06-03-2014, 09:49 PM
That is all the one girl is using Slenderman for I believe. Nothing but a mere scapegoat. The other girl already squealed saying that this was in talks for months. Where as the one that claimed so was saying she was following Slenderman's orders. Probably to get a way to plead insanity.

Are they smart enough for that? Usually you don't plead insanity unless you're either insane or actually aim to use it to avoid more severe punishments but the latter is for those knowing how the judicial system works.

Kaimega
06-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Are they smart enough for that? Usually you don't plead insanity unless you're either insane or actually aim to use it to avoid more severe punishments but the latter is for those knowing how the judicial system works.

Well considering they publicized the severe penalty it wouldn't surprise me that the girl found out about it. Along with the attorney told her and her parents. The max being 60 years in prison, pleading insanity would be an easier bet, especially considering that the court is still planning on going through having the kids go through an adult trial.

mmartino
06-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Well considering they publicized the severe penalty it wouldn't surprise me that the girl found out about it. Along with the attorney told her and her parents. The max being 60 years in prison, pleading insanity would be an easier bet, especially considering that the court is still planning on going through having the kids go through an adult trial.

Or she is like every other "kid" and blames others, including make believe things, so that they don't get in trouble themselves.

Kaimega
06-04-2014, 12:49 AM
Or she is like every other "kid" and blames others, including make believe things, so that they don't get in trouble themselves.

There is that too :D

Killswitch
06-04-2014, 02:16 AM
Games will come under fire again because kids with mental deficiencies. Do they not realize when you kill someone, they're dead.
They deserve life.

vatigo
06-04-2014, 01:52 PM
This has nothing to do with games though, the girls didn't play the game, they read the story on the Internet.

Anyway, at 12 you're old enough to know what's real and what the consequences are when you stab someone.

I'm sure there's more to this story, I hope they both get a long time in jail and I hope the injured girl gets well soon.

RiotingSpectre
06-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Rick's view on the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLKj8OsVAPI

Starfighter
06-04-2014, 03:06 PM
They should not be tried as adults simply because they are not adults. Even if I'd agree that people can be born "defective", as he puts it, then they should not be punished for it at all. If they indeed are "defective", then we should help and treat them.

RiotingSpectre
06-04-2014, 03:11 PM
They should not be tried as adults simply because they are not adults. Even if I'd agree that people can be born "defective", as he puts it, then they should not be punished for it at all. If they indeed are "defective", then we should help and treat them.

I for one don't believe that insanity can be cured if what they claim about their mental statuses is legitimate. There's no curing the sickest of the "sick". It can be slightly edged away from being the first thought in that person's mind but it will always be a part of them and a major part of their physiological profile entirely.

Killswitch
06-04-2014, 04:55 PM
When you're insane in the membrane...don't know. Do the time if you can do this crime.
Crazy is more than skin deep.

SwiftIllusion
06-04-2014, 05:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLKj8OsVAPI
Great share and agree with the video entirely. As he mentions regarding upbringing and how different the results can be, one of the most incredible people I've known in my life had a regrettably horrific upbringing I could never imagine surviving but they turned out to be an absolutely incredible and awesome person. These kids are only 12 and are plotting murders for fictional characters.
I really don't believe that in cases like this there's really any way to resolve it, it's a regrettable fact of life-too many factors are decided at birth, and people need to start accepting that instead of instantly trying to blame other media as the sole reason.
And what exactly is societies way of trying to treat cases like these anyway? Make the parents pay for expensive pills for their kids? Have some psychiatrist talk to them?
Sometimes there's just no solution however much you want to believe there is. All I know is I certainly don't want to ever be anywhere near people like that at any point in my life.

Starfighter
06-04-2014, 05:18 PM
I for one don't believe that insanity can be cured if what they claim about their mental statuses is legitimate. There's no curing the sickest of the "sick". It can be slightly edged away from being the first thought in that person's mind but it will always be a part of them and a major part of their physiological profile entirely.

I agree fully. The point of giving (this) mentally ill people treatment isn't to completely cure them, but to not just lock them up. I must believe society has come further than that. :)

RiotingSpectre
06-04-2014, 05:20 PM
I agree fully. The point of giving (this) mentally ill people treatment isn't to completely cure them, but to not just lock them up. I must believe society has come further than that. :)

I can agree to that. Giving up on this is the wrong choice to be made here as we'd be no less monsters than they are as they're still human beings with feelings; however warped they may be. Perhaps they need to be forced into studies so we can hopefully find better ways to handle insanity like this instead of being locked in a padded cell where the only thing they have to do in there is grow more insane whilst eating their own faces. No cure as of right now for insanity but perhaps in the future. That can only come with trying though.

flamepanther
06-05-2014, 05:59 AM
In the United States, being tried as a juvenile (which has become the default for minors, but originally wasn't) doesn't exist because the minor is presumed incapable of criminal intent. It exists for the sake of the assumption that the minor is still mouldable and essentially "fixable" through discipline and retraining and can therefore become a morally upstanding citizen with proper guidance. Premeditated murder attempts and conspiracy to commit murder don't fall under the banner of "the kid just lacks proper guidance," therefore the entire premise of the juvenile justice system is not applicable, therefore the accused revert to being "tried as adults." The phrases are misleading because it's really about the nature of the offense and not the age of the defendant. I hope that makes more sense now.

RiotingSpectre
06-05-2014, 06:58 AM
In the United States, being tried as a juvenile (which has become the default for minors, but originally wasn't) doesn't exist because the minor is presumed incapable of criminal intent. It exists for the sake of the assumption that the minor is still mouldable and essentially "fixable" through discipline and retraining and can therefore become a morally upstanding citizen with proper guidance. Premeditated murder attempts and conspiracy to commit murder don't fall under the banner of "the kid just lacks proper guidance," therefore the entire premise of the juvenile justice system is not applicable, therefore the accused revert to being "tried as adults." The phrases are misleading because it's really about the nature of the offense and not the age of the defendant. I hope that makes more sense now.

Pretty much this. I'll however add my personal opinion that no cure is there and if it is then it would take a lot of studies and government funding which will never happen. Can't even get cancer and AIDS out the window because of how shitty things are.

flamepanther
06-05-2014, 07:04 AM
Pretty much this. I'll however add my personal opinion that no cure is there and if it is then it would take a lot of studies and government funding which will never happen. Can't even get cancer and AIDS out the window because of how shitty things are.Well yeah. That's more or less why juvie isn't on the table as an option. It would do even less good for them or for the public than our already broken "corrections system" already barely even tries to accomplish.

It's worth noting though, that psychopathy is technically not insanity. Psychopaths are impulsive, but otherwise unusually rational and perceptive. What's broken is the not-so-rational touchy-feely part of the human psyche. We used to think their capacity for empathy was totally absent, but that's recently been found not to be the case. Rather, they have what you could metaphorically call an empathy "switch" which they can turn off and on at will. Unfortunately, the switch is set to "off" by default, and as long as it's off, there's very little incentive to turn it on. It's been suggested that child psychopaths might be salvageable if they were taught, in very clear steps, why it is to their personal benefit not to be godawful monsters. I'm not sure. It seems like someone would have tried this before, and the conventional wisdom remains that it's untreatable.

So, being a psychopath is actually doesn't work for a plea of instanity. What this girl seems to be trying to do is claim to be psychotic, which actually is treatable through medication, and would mean that she wasn't responsible for her actions because she wasn't actually aware of reality going on around her. However, if she was rational enough to be planning this out for months, she's going to find that her ploy will fall very, very short in terms of getting her off the hook for this.

Steven W. Hunt
06-05-2014, 11:31 AM

Who?

Schizophretard
06-05-2014, 12:49 PM
I agree with the born insane idea because I fit into that category. But I'm not so sure about both girls being born insane. The chances of two people born with a mental illness, knowing each other, and the circumstances being just right for it to trigger it in both at the same time to commit murder seems unlikely. If it were just one person then maybe but since it is two I think it is more likely that it is something that emerged from them together as a group. In other words, if they never met they both could have went their whole lives without killing but them meeting each other produced the "insanity". The mind isn't completely physical. Their brains could be physically normal with no birth defects and yet still produce killers. Was every member of the Manson Family insane? The followers of Jim Jones? Suicide bombers? The Nazis? Gang members? Insane groups can be made out of very sane individuals. Even an individual can have crazy ideas that make them kill with nothing physically wrong with their brains at all. What I'm trying to say is something like what Rick said. He said that people are scared of the idea that people can be born mentally defective. I believe people are even more scared of the idea that completely normal people can kill because they don't like the idea that a killer can be just like them. They want to find a mental defect, a gene, or something to be able to identify a killer instead of living with the fear of the unknown that it could be anyone. They want to find something else to blame because they want evil to come from something that they don't possess so they can feel good about themselves and sleep at night without the fear of being harmed by people that are just like them. If people were to study my brain, genes, etc. they would be very uncomfortable knowing that I'm armed with a gun but they would be even more uncomfortable studying 12 years olds who are armed with only a knife and finding nothing abnormal about them other than the use of that knife. They could be insane but they could also just be healthy members of the exact same species that invented the atomic bomb. There are insane people like myself that aren't killers and there are some that are but most people who have taken a life are just like you.

Nitrogen_Widget
06-06-2014, 07:04 PM
The boy was probably secretly banging/dating/hanging out with both chicks and they found out.
Maybe one got knocked up.
So they got revenge.
seriously.

There is more than "something on the interwebs told me to do it" going on here.

mmartino
06-06-2014, 07:20 PM
The boy was probably secretly banging/dating/hanging out with both chicks and they found out.
Maybe one got knocked up.
So they got revenge.
seriously.

There is more than "something on the interwebs told me to do it" going on here.

There is no boy in the story

Nitrogen_Widget
06-06-2014, 07:52 PM
There is no boy in the story

eh, was on a conference call surfing the web.
Then the girl who was stabbed was probably going behind one of the other girls backs with their BF. :teapot:

That girl who got stabbed did something to piss one of them off in a big way.

Why stab a "friend" when you could find someone from school you don't even like?

Kaimega
06-06-2014, 08:04 PM
eh, was on a conference call surfing the web.
Then the girl who was stabbed was probably going behind one of the other girls backs with their BF. :teapot:

That girl who got stabbed did something to piss one of them off in a big way.

Why stab a "friend" when you could find someone from school you don't even like?

I believe they said they didn't like her and wanted to kill her, it was a planned murder :) Also, they are 12. EVERYONE knows relationships don't start until you reach 12 and-a-half! ;)

Nitrogen_Widget
06-06-2014, 09:17 PM
I believe they said they didn't like her and wanted to kill her, it was a planned murder :) Also, they are 12. EVERYONE knows relationships don't start until you reach 12 and-a-half! ;)

haha.....I didn't actually read the article....hahaha.

boxtropica
06-08-2014, 04:19 AM
I don't want these kids to end up in prison- I want them to get A LOT of help.
Institution, etc.? Yes!

Even if they can't be helped and end up staying there for the rest of their lives, perhaps the science will benifit with two more patients...?

----
I'm just glad the girl they stabbed didn't die! This is horrible... They. Need. Help.

Steven W. Hunt
06-09-2014, 07:55 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/9/13-year-old-ohio-girl-stabs-mother-2nd-slenderman-/

Why is a character that's been around half a decade just being blamed for bringing these weirdos out of the woodwork?

Kaimega
06-09-2014, 08:00 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/9/13-year-old-ohio-girl-stabs-mother-2nd-slenderman-/

Why is a character that's been around half a decade just being blamed for bringing these weirdos out of the woodwork?

because internet scape goats, especially scary ones, make it easy to make excuses for.. Hell look at Scream's Ghost Face! :D

mmartino
06-09-2014, 08:29 PM

People want answers. They fear what they do not understand. Few understand murder and no one understands the need to murder at the age of 12. So they find the best guess and go, "yup, thats it, thats why they did it". And case closed. They can now sleep safely in there beds at night knowing all is right with the world lol

Nitrogen_Widget
06-09-2014, 09:30 PM
How about people stop blaming the interwebs & blame the parents for not monitoring what their children are viewing on the internet?

RiotingSpectre
06-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Woah, woah, woah! *Falls On The Floor* Ow... Any of you guys feel that earthquake? Oh, that explains it.

How about people stop blaming the interwebs & blame the parents for not monitoring what their children are viewing on the internet?

Don't bring any sort of logic into this. Logic in the universe is what causes earthquake, rape, and the manufacturing of sugar-free candy.

Kaimega
06-09-2014, 09:51 PM

It wouldn't matter if it was the internet, a rock song, or a television show (hence my Scream example). They will find anything to use as an excuse.

The problem is these days, when kids say they want to kill someone, they don't take it seriously. My family went to visit a friend, they called me last night and told me their friends' kid said he wanted to slit the throats of every one of their family members, one by one. He is 17 years old. They still think he is "just a boy so he is just playing".

Things like this must ALWAYS be taken seriously. So no, it isn't the internets fault, nor is it the fault of parents not monitoring the internets. Parents should have heard more about this (considering this was planned at a sleepover), and if they haven't then that is where they have went wrong, or any other time their kids have mentioned killing.

Nitrogen_Widget
06-09-2014, 09:58 PM
Woah, woah, woah! *Falls On The Floor* Ow... Any of you guys feel that earthquake? Oh, that explains it.

Don't bring any sort of logic into this. Logic in the universe is what causes earthquake, rape, and the manufacturing of sugar-free candy.

haha.

It wouldn't matter if it was the internet, a rock song, or a television show (hence my Scream example). They will find anything to use as an excuse.

The problem is these days, when kids say they want to kill someone, they don't take it seriously. My family went to visit a friend, they called me last night and told me their friends' kid said he wanted to slit the throats of every one of their family members, one by one. He is 17 years old. They still think he is "just a boy so he is just playing".

Things like this must ALWAYS be taken seriously. So no, it isn't the internets fault, nor is it the fault of parents not monitoring the internets. Parents should have heard more about this (considering this was planned at a sleepover), and if they haven't then that is where they have went wrong, or any other time their kids have mentioned killing.

I grew up in a different time.
A time when most all of my friends dad's had been in the army & they would of belted their kid's ass till it was corvette red for saying such a thing.

A few father's would of handed their kid the knife & said "try it" before they whupped them.

These day's if you take away their cell phone too aggressively it's child abuse.

Kaimega
06-09-2014, 10:03 PM
haha.

I grew up in a different time.
A time when most all of my friends dad's had been in the army & they would of belted their kid's ass till it was corvette red for saying such a thing.

A few father's would of handed their kid the knife & said "try it" before they whupped them.

These day's if you take away their cell phone too aggressively it's child abuse.

It is sad that this is the case.. :(

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/live_on_this_planet_futurama.gif

.. Now i have to wonder, maybe their "friend" who they tried to kill accidentally broke the girl's cell phone

RiotingSpectre
06-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Found this on Tumblr just now.

http://s13.postimg.org/q8de8ufhj/tumblr_n6yl8a_ZRxy1tpy616o1_500.png

Killswitch
06-11-2014, 11:16 AM
If I can't blame Mario then who can I blame?
Vicodin, Oxycontin, Qualudes, Zoloft...

[that was a joke people...seems you have to make sure these days that people understand that]

flamepanther
06-11-2014, 11:39 AM

[that was a joke people...seems you have to make sure these days that people understand that]

Oddly enough, I once dreamt about watching a sci-fi epic where all of the characters had names based on psychiatric medications.

Killswitch
06-12-2014, 12:22 AM
Oddly enough, I once dreamt about watching a sci-fi epic where all of the characters had names based on psychiatric medications.

When you're in a strait jacket in a rubber room...that's not usually a dream...

flamepanther
06-12-2014, 12:31 AM
When you're in a strait jacket in a rubber room...that's not usually a dream...

Naw, I was doing clerical work for the people who run the rubber rooms.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Schizophretard
06-12-2014, 10:26 AM

Pac-Man and his power pills. He popped so many of those that he put on a bow and started dating himself.

Nitrogen_Widget
06-12-2014, 04:28 PM
Pac-Man and his power pills. He popped so many of those that he put on a bow and started dating himself.

Ever watch the cartoon?
Talk about roid rage.

Steven W. Hunt
06-16-2014, 08:56 PM
If anybody's seen the Marble Hornets entry that released last night, it was... well without spoiling anything, let's just say it was extremely stabby. The balls o' those guys to do an entry like that right after those headlines. I actually applaud that.