PDA

View Full Version : Instruction video of fan replacement

Starfighter
06-01-2014, 10:58 AM
I made this the other day and thought it would be helpful for members of this forum as well! It's in swedish but don't worry - I made subtitles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4nAjpf1wlk

I accidentally left the title as "Swedish", but there's only english subs in the clip so... Activate it and you're good to go. :)

Unizzer
06-01-2014, 11:15 AM
But why? Is the original fan so bad?

Starfighter
06-01-2014, 11:17 AM
But why? Is the original fan so bad?

Because it's fun. :) And the original fan was a bit too loud for my taste, especially under the summer for some reason.

undftdroar
06-01-2014, 11:29 AM
I loved the video, it was very funny and helpful.

Starfighter
06-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Thank you undftdroar! Yes, I hope it can be useful, especially for people like me who want to try out things but doesn't have the "proper" knowledge but also to everyone in general basically. :)

Michael Thompson
06-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Thanks for making and posting that helpful video!
The Noctua kit really does make it easy.
It's all there, just like you showed, and shows the value of that particular fan choice.

trizznilla
06-13-2014, 04:14 AM
I don't think the fan in my Ouya has ever turned on so far. I never turn it off, maybe it's just so quiet compared to my struggling ps3 that I've never noticed. If I need to change one out though, I'm covered!

Mastagon
09-19-2014, 06:36 AM
I did this fan mod myself 3 weeks ago, and not a problem since. The noctua kit is very straightforward, and while the original ouya fan was a tad annoying, I can barely hear its noctua replacement. The kit itself comes with a LOW VOLUME adapter cable that slightly reduces the speed of the fan to improve quietness, which I've had on the whole time as well. Its badass now.