PDA

View Full Version : Anaglyph Mode PLEASE!

LightyKD
05-04-2014, 10:13 PM
We all know that Tegra 3 is capable of stereoscopic 3D but Anaglyph output options would be nice. Right now I'm using anaglyph 3D with my OUYA by having the console connected to a 3D Video Wizard. If the OUYA could output anaglyph on its own...

1) it would mean one less piece of hardware to need

2) all televisions would be capable of 3D gaming on OUYA

3) 3D gaming would be another feature OUYA Inc could market to the masses.

What are your thoughts everyone?

Aaron Mallory
05-07-2014, 10:23 PM
what could go wrong

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

LightyKD
05-07-2014, 11:57 PM
The only thing I can guess, might go wrong would be minimal lag but then again it's not like I'm asking for a Anaglyph Mode that's always on but just for the ability to have one that can be toggled on and off.

flamepanther
05-08-2014, 04:54 AM
I haven't even heard of anyone getting non-anaglyph 3D to work on it yet though. There's an option in the settings for it, but it appears to do nothing (or it does something and no OUYA software supports it).

That said, I'm still in favor of this idea.

dra6onfire
05-08-2014, 06:03 AM
I wish 3d would just die already

flamepanther
05-08-2014, 06:30 AM
I wish 3d would just die already

Nobody is forcing you to use it, dude.

dra6onfire
05-08-2014, 07:03 AM
Valid point sir, but that doesn't make me dislike it less lol. I have yet to come across any 3d implementation that doesn't leave me with a raging migraine. Few things are more instantaneously depressing than finding out that there are only tickets left for the 3d showing of the movie I wanted to see :(

... man ... first world problems are just the worst lol

flamepanther
05-08-2014, 07:26 AM
Personally? I hate anaglyphic 3D. But I like other types of 3D, I can totally sympathize with the frustration of not having my preferred 3D methods supported, and I love people having the option to enjoy things the way they want. So yeah, if they can get 3D working at all, then they should support anaglyph mode.

LightyKD
05-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Personally? I hate anaglyphic 3D. But I like other types of 3D, I can totally sympathize with the frustration of not having my preferred 3D methods supported, and I love people having the option to enjoy things the way they want. So yeah, if they can get 3D working at all, then they should support anaglyph mode.

Which forms of Anaglyph 3D have you used? Red/Cyan tends to have some color degradation. Cyan/Yellow is supposed to be pretty good at not screwing up colors...much (I currently use this with my 3D Video Wizard) and lastly Green/Magenta is said to be fairly solid with color stability. I will say that the Walking Dead looks amazing in Cyan/Yellow and I have watched some awesome Mario Galaxy clips on YouTube with Red/Cyan.

flamepanther
05-08-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm a stereophile, so I've used just about everything. Owning a pair of active glasses tends to make any type of anaglyph less appealing though. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

spinal
05-08-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm a huge fan of 3D (sometimes) but surely this is a feature that developers should think about, not OUYA?

LightyKD
05-08-2014, 11:51 PM
I'm a huge fan of 3D (sometimes) but surely this is a feature that developers should think about, not OUYA?

I agree that devs should think about this but the reason why I think OUYA Inc. should create a overall console wide feature is so that all apps would be covered and not just ones in which devs feel "kind" enough to add this feature.

spinal
05-10-2014, 12:25 PM
I agree that devs should think about this but the reason why I think OUYA Inc. should create a overall console wide feature is so that all apps would be covered and not just ones in which devs feel "kind" enough to add this feature.

However not all apps are 3D, or use 3D correctly. I can't imagine people going into their settings between different games and setting 3D on or off all of the time.

LightyKD
05-10-2014, 01:38 PM
However not all apps are 3D, or use 3D correctly. I can't imagine people going into their settings between different games and setting 3D on or off all of the time.

Right now none of the apps on my OUYA are 3D but because my 3D Video Wizard uses anaglyph 2D to 3D conversion I'm able to enjoy my games and movies in 3D. I game does not have to be programmed in 3D to have a anaglyph layer convert it into 3D

shadow1w2
05-11-2014, 04:04 AM
Time to make some silver Ouya red/blue glasses regardless if its supported lol

LightyKD
05-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Time to make some silver Ouya red/blue glasses regardless if its supported lol

OUYA labeled 3D glasses would kick ass and OUYA Inc would have another product they could sell. I would however not use Red/Cyan and go with Yellow/Cyan. You lose less color with that combination.

shadow1w2
05-11-2014, 09:35 PM
OUYA labeled 3D glasses would kick ass and OUYA Inc would have another product they could sell. I would however not use Red/Cyan and go with Yellow/Cyan. You lose less color with that combination.

Simple paper glasses.
Maybe make some that have R/B and Y/C with a little rotating lever thing.
Also of course they'd have to press or cut "OUYA" into the center.

Could be easy to make for anyone really.
Also would look silly wearing but thats kind of the point xD